Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Marriott Gold; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by continentalclub
I'd keep your head down! Someone at Tesco Towers has presumably mis-keyed and transposed the first three digits.
Blinkin 'eck - I didn't see that!

Thanks for the response.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 2:17 pm

Actually, no, you don't. There is no address reconciliation between Tesco and BAEC for the purposes of converting ClubCard vouchers to BA Miles.
If this is true, it is a change - I tried to convert a relative's vouchers to BA miles last year (same surname, different address) and it was rejected because of an address mismatch. She had to wait 3 months as the points were credited back to her account rather than returning the vouchers to her.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
Originally Posted by ag51
If this is true, it is a change - I tried to convert a relative's vouchers to BA miles last year (same surname, different address) and it was rejected because of an address mismatch. She had to wait 3 months as the points were credited back to her account rather than returning the vouchers to her.
Was the relative a member of your BA Household account?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by seville
I was expecting 16200 but got 21600
I'd keep your head down! Someone at Tesco Towers has presumably mis-keyed and transposed the first three digits. Never credit large organisations with all-pervading technology solutions; you'd be surprised how much manual work can go on in the background.
would be shocked if they were manually entering these things. I'd put my money on you being a "premium" 3.2 rate customer, as 16200 is 21600 of you are on the 3.2 rate rather than 2.4.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hingethunder
Double clubcard points when you use your Tesco clubcard credit card abroad until 30th September

So 4.8 BA miles for every £4 spent, making it a slightly better deal than Amex temporarily.
I phoned Tesco to ask if my Clubcard Plus and Platinum Finest Mastercard will also earn the extra points from next week. The answer was that points awarded through Tesco Personal Finance would stay the same as they are now.

I'm hoping the person I spoke to got their facts wrong, but it does not look good.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
would be shocked if they were manually entering these things. I'd put my money on you being a "premium" 3.2 rate customer, as 16200 is 21600 of you are on the 3.2 rate rather than 2.4.
I must confess to not having a clue about what you are talking about!

In the past, I'm quite sure it worked out at the standard 500/£2.50? Have been doing this for years and never noticed this before.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Shopped yesterday and the previous total was the same as 10 days ago, so last week's expenditure wasn't included. The receipt said 'Clubcard points up until 25th July have been converted to vouchers and will arrive by 31st August.'

Just checked online and the large amount has gone, current total is 52 points. So last week's expenditure must have been added unseen, I suppose, as 52 is much less than earned last week.

I guess I have to volunteer for the shopping from tomorrow on, as Mrs Roger still prefers Waitrose and JS. (And I wonder what JS's reaction to Tesco's offer will be.)
Old Aug 16, 2009, 4:59 am

Actually, no, you don't. There is no address reconciliation between Tesco and BAEC for the purposes of converting ClubCard vouchers to BA Miles.

Mixed answers.... :-(

So still dont know if i can convert vouchers from a different address. Is it easy enough to change your household account for the purposes of inputting vouchers from a different address. I use my mothers clubcard vouchers(differant name/same address) & my clubcard vouchers from a 2nd non linked clubcard account to redeem for bamiles in my main account that remembers my BA exec number.

Any ideas!?!?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Mixed answers.... :-(

So still dont know if i can convert vouchers from a different address. Is it easy enough to change your household account for the purposes of inputting vouchers from a different address. I use my mothers clubcard vouchers(differant name/same address) & my clubcard vouchers from a 2nd non linked clubcard account to redeem for bamiles in my main account that remembers my BA exec number.

Any ideas!?!?
I have an individual BAEC account and two Tesco clubcards, one for my address in Scotland and one for my address in England. Both Tesco accounts are in the same name as my BAEC. Each quarter I manually convert my Clubcard vouchers from both Tesco accounts to my BAEC account without any problem at all without having to change the address.

My experience seems to show that the address is not important for an individual BAEC account. Not sure about for a Household Account.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
From today's press ads for Clubcard 2 and http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/doublepoints/ :

For each £1 you spend on products that qualify for Clubcard points either in-store or online, you will receive a second point which will show as a 'new extra point' on your receipt (except online purchase receipts). Offer valid for standard Clubcard points only, and does not apply to points awarded through promotions, coupons, vouchers, Tesco Personal Finance products, E-ON or Clubcard Plus. Excludes Tesco Mobile airtime, mobile phone contracts, Tesco Broadband, Tesco Homephone, Tesco Internet Phone airtime, Talk Wi-fi airtime, Green points, Tesco Calais, fuel and petrol filling station purchases. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by paul.goffin
Was the relative a member of your BA Household account?
No, I don't have a household account - I was trying to credit the miles to my BAEC account. Sounds like this works differently now (perhaps either the address or the whole name has to match?) Anyway, my mum doesn't trust me with her vouchers after last time so no chance of trying this again
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by k_getchell
I have an individual BAEC account and two Tesco clubcards, one for my address in Scotland and one for my address in England. Both Tesco accounts are in the same name as my BAEC. Each quarter I manually convert my Clubcard vouchers from both Tesco accounts to my BAEC account without any problem at all without having to change the address.

My experience seems to show that the address is not important for an individual BAEC account. Not sure about for a Household Account.

interesting. Well i will try it, the names will match and it will be the same cc account that i always use to try redeem them. worst comes to worst and it doesnt work what will happen to them??
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by seville
I must confess to not having a clue about what you are talking about!

In the past, I'm quite sure it worked out at the standard 500/£2.50? Have been doing this for years and never noticed this before.
Standard rate is 600 per £2.50 which is 2.4 rate. There was a historic "premium" customer and anyone who made the conditions recieved 800 per £2.50 for ever more. hence the 3.2 rate. I was suggesting you were receiving the 3.2 rate without knowing it. But could just be a cockup tho.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
interesting. Well i will try it, the names will match and it will be the same cc account that i always use to try redeem them. worst comes to worst and it doesnt work what will happen to them??
Last time I did a transfer was last quarter. This quarter's vouchers have yet to arrive, but I'll let you know if there are any problems when I try to redeem them.

Not sure what will happen to the vouchers if the transfer is rejected, am sure someone else will let you know shortly though!!
Old Aug 16, 2009, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Standard rate is 600 per £2.50 which is 2.4 rate. There was a historic "premium" customer and anyone who made the conditions recieved 800 per £2.50 for ever more. hence the 3.2 rate. I was suggesting you were receiving the 3.2 rate without knowing it. But could just be a cockup tho.
Sadly, I am not a premium - just 600 per £2.50.

Thanks for your interest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.