Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by where2travel
I wouldn't worry one bit about unusual things happening with points/wording around the quarter end. While it may not be ideal, I doubt it's high on the list of things to worry about for Clubcard.
Not that I really care as long as my points are OK, but it should be easy to automate the changeover by setting a flag on accounts when the quarterly points are deducted. That flag could then activate the correct quarter on the web page. It just seems a bit amateurish to me for such a large and profitable company as Tesco.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I've received the offer of 600 bonus points for converting my Tesco vouchers to BA miles. I'm on the historic conversion rate of 3.2 BA miles. If I take up the 600 bonus points offer, will my points be converted at the 3.2 rate or at the 2.4 rate (as the email offer seems to indicate)? Sorry if this point has been covered previously - I did search the thread....
Old Aug 17, 2009, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Roger
xenole, when you mention 'an extra 3600 miles', are you expecting double miles for the redemption? If so, I think you'll be disappointed. The double miles offer refers to purchases rather then redemptions.

I'd love to be proved wrong, though.
I was referring to an extra 3600 miles on top of the existing ones I have in my BAEC account
Wording wasn't overly good!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Leopards Leap in our local Metro is displaying 100 points and also shows on receipt but not carried forward to next receipt.

Also noticed that the 1600 points for champagne got "lost" at the end of the quarter

Old Aug 18, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Leopards Leap in our local Metro is displaying 100 points and also shows on receipt but not carried forward to next receipt.

Also noticed that the 1600 points for champagne got "lost" at the end of the quarter

As others have said, funny things happen at the end of the quarter.... my balance stuck on 3600 on 26th July... then after a week of so shot up and went to 4500, but then stuck there for the past week.... suddenly it went down to 900 and now shot back up to 2400.

Points for products bought since 26th July will post eventually... usually just after you actually receive your vouchers.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy

I really don't know what we ended up with, the Champagne and Leopards Leap all showed on the receipts.We didn't get the amount I was expecting this 1/4 but Mrs JP is already on over 5000 CC points assume a lot missed the cut off.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:01 am

Saw this in the Tesco Phone Guide today - they are giving away hundreds of Tesco vouchers of £10, £20 and £100

You register at Ovi Nokia email (it's free)

To enter
- go to mail.ovi.com
- click on register
- fill in your details and click continue
- then send an email from your new Ovi email titled Tesco competition to [email protected]

Given it's hidden in the phone guide chances of winning should be pretty good!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Points for the auto conversion have hit the account today!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Mine too
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Warning: caps on redeeming Clubcard points for Virgin Holidays

From 1 September, the maximum value of points redemptions for Virgin Holidays will be £700 per person and £400 per person for Cosmos, enhanced from unlimited at present.

If you were thinking of redeeming for these awards, now may be a good time to do so.

My bumper bundle of points coupons has not yet arrived. Beginning to feel like The Marvelettes - 'Please Mr Postman - is there a letter for me?'

[Sorry, title should include Cosmos]
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Blue; HHonours Silver; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
For the 2nd quarter in a row my auto-convert points have been posted to my wife's EC account rather than mine. Not really too much of an issue as we have a household account but I have been auto-converting for years and this mix-up has just happened out of the blue!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Roger
From 1 September, the maximum value of points redemptions for Virgin Holidays will be £700 per person and £400 per person for Cosmos, enhanced from unlimited at present.

If you were thinking of redeeming for these awards, now may be a good time to do so.

My bumper bundle of points coupons has not yet arrived. Beginning to feel like The Marvelettes - 'Please Mr Postman - is there a letter for me?'

[Sorry, title should include Cosmos]

1 of my 2 mailings arrived today, the other 1 is still to come, so i wouldnt worry just yet!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
As yes, 5040 miles from my auto-convert account.

The sharp-eyed will realise that this is 2,100 points, which is 2 x £50 grocery orders with a 1,000 point bonus on each!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does anyone know how i can get my points to auto convert to BA miles?
Thanks,
Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:10 pm

im not sure that they still offer this option. But i would suggest a call to Tesco c/s to confirm

CS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.