Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Luggage Tags on Cabin Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Well, they haven't been issued for about 5 years for a start. Surely if you want a luggage tag and are Blue, picking up something from Smythson or the like would be nicer than an aging, frayed piece of blue plastic?

Or I have some old SQ PPS tags somewhere I could send you (nice leather holder for them). A bit of marker and tippex and they are yours.
Thank you the offer but SQ doesn't offer First ex yvr anymore. But don't you think that given the BA Blue tags have not been issued for 5 yrs, it carries some cachet that I've been flying with BA that long and never managed to get past Blue? Can't be that many of us around eh....?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, QR Silver, HH Diamond
Interesting development. It seems FTers on this thread are now appropriating the "nob" word with a sort of defiant pride, rather as black Americans took control of the word n**gger in the 1970s and 80s.

In time I hope to attain Platinob.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
I thought most GCH would be also members of FT. The other day a potential partner came to my office for a meeting, and he had both BA and VS gold cards attached to his laptop bag. So I asked him if he was on FT, but he didn't even knew what it was. Maybe he will be a new member soon, and can reply on this thread
Old Oct 25, 2008, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Au; IHG Pl; Hyatt Au; IC RA; Marriott Pl
Originally Posted by Ragman
I have a laptop bag that I use as hand luggage wherever I go. I have my BA tag (now gold but also when I was silver) on it, not for BA or BAA but so that when I go to my office I can identify my bag (they all look the same) and if I forget it (which I do) there is an easy to read tag with my name on it.
...and a simple paper/plastic identifier wouldn't do the same thing? Working for companies like ******** (rhymes with adventure) gives young recruits homogenous cabin luggage which scream 'I work for ********' and requires one to crave differentiators
Old Oct 25, 2008, 3:19 pm

My tag stays on my cabin baggage because I'm too lazy to take it off / put it on when I need to check it in. That's all there is to it for me.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze :-(, United, Virgin, Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by astralclouds
...and a simple paper/plastic identifier wouldn't do the same thing? Working for companies like ******** (rhymes with adventure) gives young recruits homogenous cabin luggage which scream 'I work for ********' and requires one to crave differentiators
I just must be lazy and/or too poor. I can't see the sense in buying a tag when I get a pre-printed tag with my name on it?

As for looking at ways to differentiate myself, it is clear from FT that it is hardly unique to have a gold card :-) so I have failed there as well.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Wonder if anyone has one of these attached to their bag?
Ooh, that takes me back, thanks HIDDY. I have a few of those, but I do not attach them to my bag!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 4:39 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Wonder if anyone has one of these attached to their bag?
I guess they must be very heavy - given the quoted postage costs.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 5:32 am
bel

Programs: BA Blue, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mr H
I guess they must be very heavy - given the quoted postage costs.
The seller's location is Italy, so presumably the price quoted is for air mail.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 5:48 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by bel
The seller's location is Italy, so presumably the price quoted is for air mail.
That's the only mail service in the EU AFAIK!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by 2muchplastic
So there's differing levels of (k)nobbishness it seems. Multiple tags = BIG nob.
Ergo, the more tags, ...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.