Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Not yet. Many thanks for the OP! ^^^
I was Silver on Marriott on the odd stay but Gold is quite good really.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Morland
That's not what they did for me. Emailed support because I couldn't setup online access to my new account, and - without me having to ask - they merged the accounts under the old number and gave that Gold status.
Did you tip them off in your email that you had an "old" account?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by astralclouds
Thanks! ^

Logged into my old MR account this evening, 2 days after signing up. My Silver status is now Gold. I'm on pace to get to 50 nights sometime in the Fall, it's nice to get a 6 month head start on the Lounge access and room upgrades. The new MR # they mailed me upon registration apparently was never activated.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:04 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SlowTrekker
Did you tip them off in your email that you had an "old" account?
No, I didn't. They spotted that - presumably verifying on email address and/or home address - and merged them without me mentioning the old account.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold BD Silver Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
same here, silver to gold in 2 days
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Morland
No, I didn't. They spotted that - presumably verifying on email address and/or home address - and merged them without me mentioning the old account.
Trading emails with Marriott elite CS confirmed that scenario, names and addresses of those registering for the promo are screened against existing MR accounts. The Gold was automatically applied to my existing account. ^:-:^
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
I got moved to Gold after I emailled them. I previously had a Silver card and I told them that I had, and the number of it. They merged the accounts, turning the Silver into Gold.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
I got moved to Gold after I emailled them. I previously had a Silver card and I told them that I had, and the number of it. They merged the accounts, turning the Silver into Gold.
Ditto for me ^ Has actually worked nicely, as I have quite a few Marriott stays this year.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Just another post to say that my Silver account has been upgraded to Gold after applying for a new account with the same details. No other interaction with them at all. Applied on Friday, change registered today ^
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, QR Silver
Still trying here to get the miles to post properly. Although my stay straddled the promotion start period and BA Exec Club claims the promotion runs from 3 April (definintely said 31 March in my email), that's all irrelevant as Marriott state I should be due 15060 miles and exactly one third is all that has posted to my BA account (along with another zero miles entry).
Old Apr 25, 2008, 3:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I still need to chase up my 1st stay.

A colleague stayed last week and apparently the miles posted in full - maybe they've sorted out the system.

I'm in the middle of a 2-weeker at a Marriott at the moment, so will let you know once I check out...
Old May 3, 2008, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, QR Silver
Balance of miles posted today, not sure if automatically or as a result of the nagging fax ^
Old May 19, 2008, 5:55 pm

Is it necessary to stay 1 night till end of june to hold the Marriott Gold Status? Or will I hold the Marriott Gold Status for 1 year from enroll the BA promotion? I want to stay at a Marriott at the end of the year for some nights, but before end of the year I will not be able to stay at a Marriott.
Old May 19, 2008, 7:33 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by SunshineMouse
Is it necessary to stay 1 night till end of june to hold the Marriott Gold Status? Or will I hold the Marriott Gold Status for 1 year from enroll the BA promotion? I want to stay at a Marriott at the end of the year for some nights, but before end of the year I will not be able to stay at a Marriott.
No stay required - status is automatic.
Old May 20, 2008, 2:36 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Gold card dropped on the doormat now.... expiry date is sometime in 2010^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.