Wiki Posts
Search

Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by linenbasket
Gold card dropped on the doormat now.... expiry date is sometime in 2010^
I have the same, 2010 expiry. However, I received two cards, one with an old account and one with a current account However, I have had a stay since, and the current account worked just fine
Old May 21, 2008, 4:31 pm

Hello,

it is always the same - there is a great promotion and many people try to make money with this. I have found a auction at www.ebay.com with the item number 230254769408 - normal nothing unusual, but now I have found the following information:

"PLEASE BE WARY OF OTHER SELLERS OFFERING THE "SAME" REWARDS PACKAGE: THEY ARE USING A LINK ONLY MEANT FOR CERTAIN PRESELECTED GROUPS. MARRIOTT WILL AUDIT AND CANCEL THESE ACCOUNTS. I HAVE ACCESS TO MARRIOT´S MEMBERSHIP SYSTEM AND YOU WILL NOT GET CAUGHT IN AN AUDIT AND LOSE YOUR MEMBERSHIP PREMATURELY."

Has anyone information on this information - can this be true?

A friend of mine have used the BA link which is written at page 1 in this thread, but he is not BA Gold member. Now he has his Marriott Gold account and it works.

Will he lose his Gold account soon? Should he buy the Gold status at Ebay to get the Marriott Gold status for 1 year? I would not support such Ebay members, but he want to keep Gold status.
Old May 29, 2008, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Teece
Just another post to say that my Silver account has been upgraded to Gold after applying for a new account with the same details. No other interaction with them at all. Applied on Friday, change registered today ^
Are you saying that you applied for a new account, but the Gold upgrade applied to your Silver account? If so, that's quite exciting. Any other people experience this?
Old May 29, 2008, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I did - applied with the same e-mail and postal address and got a new account number. About a week later I logged in to the MR site with my original account credentials and it said Gold not Silver.
Old May 29, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Yup, you have it right, just as G-BOAC says.
Old May 29, 2008, 10:47 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I experienced this too, most unexpectedly, on check-in at the Riverside Renaissance in Ho Chi Minh City. I'd booked it in my original bog-standard account months and months before, and by the time my "new" Gold membership arrived I was too late to cancel and rebook, so I thought nothing of it. Then on arrival at the desk I had this conversation:

"Oh, Sir, you're a Gold member?"
"Excuse me?"
"Excuse me, you have Gold card yes?"
"Me? Oh! Yes, but I don't have it with me." (thinking I was trying it on)
"That's fine Sir. Please, we will check you in on the club level"
Cue room upgrade, club access, freebies in the room, and generally being treated far better than expected. Got online in the room and saw that yes indeed, my original account was now Gold! ^
Old Jun 1, 2008, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Just became a Gold Marriott Member!!! I was a lowly no-status Blue Member with BA!!

^^^^
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:04 am
Suspended

Can someone summarize how you go from Silver to Gold? I have a 5 night stay coming up this week and I'm currently silver. Do I just create a new account with the promo and use the same details as on my existing account? Do they then see the duplicate and apply a one status upgrade? Please let me know. Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by thegeneral
Can someone summarize how you go from Silver to Gold? I have a 5 night stay coming up this week and I'm currently silver. Do I just create a new account with the promo and use the same details as on my existing account? Do they then see the duplicate and apply a one status upgrade? Please let me know. Thanks.
Yes, that's the deal.

I got my new Gold card on Saturday - expires Feb 2010 ^
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:19 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Teece
I got my new Gold card on Saturday - expires Feb 2010 ^
So there's still hope to receive it soon. I was thinking it was going the same way as my free VS Silver card, which VS promised to send to me a few months ago
Old Jun 2, 2008, 9:20 am
Suspended

I applied today. How long until the gold status shows up on the account? I'll be at a Marriott property on Thursday.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thegeneral
I applied today. How long until the gold status shows up on the account? I'll be at a Marriott property on Thursday.
About three days so you may just make it.

I have still to receive my card yet though.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:55 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Just got my gold card today with February 2010 expiry. The materials were US-specific. I plan to accumulate a few more stays before requesting an account merger.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Well the new account I created has disappeared and my old account is still in a silver status. How exactly were they applying my submission to the new program? I entered into the Marriott webpage with just my BA number.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I received an email saying to log-in to my new account, but it provided no number or any identifying information. My old account is still showing Silver...anyone else have a similar situation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.