Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
It works, I gave the number stated above a call and they set the account "live". Logged in this morning and up popped my new Gold card!^

Last edited by Lenis; Apr 3, 2008 at 1:33 am Reason: poor spelling
Old Apr 3, 2008, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My account now works fine and let me create a password - I didn't email Marriott but just sat it out for a few days!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Mine still isn't working even after calling the London number and having it activated manually.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
i also waited a few days and it worked fine
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Mine is now active;

Follow the "create online account" link sent in your email, then click on the "Already a Member? Need Password? link and complete. ^
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Mine is now active;

Follow the "create online account" link sent in your email, then click on the "Already a Member? Need Password? link and complete. ^
Tried that, still doesn't work.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by echocrest
Does anyone know if Marriot checks your status level at all before they grant you Gold status?

I'm asking because I'm impatient; just signed up yesterday, right after I signed up for a BA FF account. Obviously, I'm just a blue level BA member at this point.

Once my account goes active (i.e. Friday) will I be able to check my elite status online?
There's only one way to find out...
I would guess that there is a way that they can check, because I'd imagine that BA and Marriott aren't just going to give out loads of miles and upgrades without some checking sysem, but given the state of Marriott's systems with reports of points not posting on a regular basis, who knows.

I didn't actually see anything in the Ts&Cs that say you have to be a BA silver/gold member.....

Good luck!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
What does Marriott have to lose? They aren't giving you any free points and the benefits of Gold are pretty painless for Marriott to dish out (free brekky etc). If they give out a few Gold cards to a small number of FT'ers who aren't really BA Gold but who then shift some business to Marriott, they're probably happy.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
Originally Posted by Raffles
What does Marriott have to lose? They aren't giving you any free points and the benefits of Gold are pretty painless for Marriott to dish out (free brekky etc). If they give out a few Gold cards to a small number of FT'ers who aren't really BA Gold but who then shift some business to Marriott, they're probably happy.
Well I can confirm that:

A) it will work for Silvers (when they use the Gold Link) as proven by my colleague.

B) It will work on Eurocheats

It just takes about a week to set up the account
Old Apr 3, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star, Southwest A-List Preferred, Marriot Gold
Sorted

I'm happy to confirm that the code worked for me!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by echocrest
I'm happy to confirm that the code worked for me!
ditto for me
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Took a few days as I think it takes 48hrs for an account to become "active" and let you set up an online account but it worked eventually so will try it out next month!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Looks like there's either a (potential?) membership number embedded or listed in the email which ensures that only people who got the email can register. Does look like Silvers can just get Golds by changing a letter though.

I missed out on BA Silver a few weeks back because of my membership year end and am a couple weeks away now, so Marriott's just lost a couple thousand dollars of my potential custom already.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:21 pm

Programs: BA Blue (once again), Qatar Silver, Marriot Rewards, KLM Petroleum Club
If you want a free Marriott Silver, just get a Marriott Credit card (operated by HBOS here in the UK). Free Marriott Silver as long as you have the credit card

http://www.marriottrewardscard.co.uk...e=stdMediaCode
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Looks like there's either a (potential?) membership number embedded or listed in the email which ensures that only people who got the email can register. Does look like Silvers can just get Golds by changing a letter though..
No EuropeanPete.

My wife and I both got silver invites but filled in the Gold application instead - we both now have Gold as from today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.