FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Free-ish Marriott Gold Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/805052-free-ish-marriott-gold-card.html)

BalkanBound Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Just got this offer from BAEC...

Dear BalkanBound,

You travel fairly often so we thought you’d particularly appreciate this exclusive invitation from Marriott Rewards®, the award-winning travel programme. They are waiving the 50-night requirement by offering automatic Gold Elite status* as well as triple BA Miles on stays between 31 March and 30 June 2008. That means you will collect up to 6 BA Miles** per US dollar spent, which is over 11 BA Miles per pound spent based on the current exchange rate.

I don't stay at many Marriotts so will probably will not get much use for this but may have some use to others, the enrollment code is BAG1

ChrisH Mar 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Very annoying though that if you're already a member there's no way to take advantage of this other than starting again! Anyone got any ideas?

continentalclub Mar 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Get a few meetings added to your MR Account rather than your PA's!

No help with the triple miles per se, but at least you get the status.

James S Mar 25, 2008 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisH (Post 9464026)
Very annoying though that if you're already a member there's no way to take advantage of this other than starting again! Anyone got any ideas?

I just got this offer on my blackberry so can't read all details but I was worried that was the case. I have been directing my stays to Marriots and am now Silver - does this mean I won't get the triple miles?

jonnye Mar 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Is there a link provided?

Raffles Mar 25, 2008 2:48 pm

Doesn't work for me - is there a special link? It seems Euro-Golds don't qualify!

clubman Mar 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by jonnye (Post 9464110)
Is there a link provided?

Yes, you have a PM.

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 9464196)
Doesn't work for me - is there a special link? It seems Euro-Golds don't qualify!

And so do you...

clubman Mar 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by BalkanBound (Post 9463945)
Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Why free-ish? it is free!

BalkanBound Mar 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Ahh, is it, must admit I thought you had to have a qualifying stay, teach me to read more carefully.

Craney Mar 25, 2008 3:39 pm

I've been offered the Silver card - see below...

You travel fairly often so we thought you’d particularly appreciate this exclusive invitation from Marriott Rewards®, the award-winning travel programme. They are waiving the 10-night requirement by offering automatic Silver Elite status* as well as triple BA Miles on stays between 31 March and 30 June 2008. That means you will collect up to 6 BA Miles** per US dollar spent, which is over 11 BA Miles per pound spent based on the current exchange rate.

To take advantage of this offer, simply enrol in the Marriott Rewards Programme.

You will also receive automatic Silver Elite status which provides superb benefits including a Reservation Guarantee, Elite reservation phone line, exclusive Guest Services phone line, priority late checkout and exclusive member-only specials. And with over 2,800 properties in 68 countries, you can enjoy these privileges wherever you travel.

My question is simply - Is it worth it? What does Silver Elite Status really give you that's worth having? I could divert maybe 3 or 4 stays per year to Marriott but is there much benefit apart from the obvious miles earning potential. Member-only specials? How special?

I presume I could just use the BAG1 code to go straight for Gold rather than BAS1 for Silver?

Any advice would be appreciated.

frankvb Mar 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Craney (Post 9464486)
I presume I could just use the BAG1 code to go straight for Gold rather than BAS1 for Silver?

That's what I've just tried, but the Marriott website rejects the code :( As also reported in the other thread... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804274

drscoop Mar 25, 2008 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 9464196)

Hmm....not working for me either. Likely to be having a few nights in a Marriott soon, so if you could forward the link, it'd be much appreciated. Thx.

astralclouds Mar 25, 2008 4:40 pm

try this

goodison Mar 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Craney (Post 9464486)
I've been offered the Silver card

I think BA silvers get offered Marriot Gold and BA Blues get Marriot Silver.

Anyone found out if existing Marriott Silvers can use this?

Fraser Mar 25, 2008 4:46 pm

I got given Silver the last time around, now I've been given Gold.

As a pretty loyal Hilton person I don't know how much I'd use it. The firm I work for likes people to stay at a Renaissance where we frequently travel to so I'll give it a go.

Obviously designed for the UK cardholders. I was able to sign up and get enrolled with a US address on the link provided in the email but when I went to create my online account it didn't like me very much!