formerly Sparkster

Originally Posted by Sparkster
Got the same email...
Followed the above instructions and it just doesn't work
Works now.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by frankvb
If you always use the self-service checkout - those never give out till spits in my experience.
Thanks - but I have never used a self-service checkout, very few of the stores I have used even have them!
Old Jun 7, 2008, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb
If you always use the self-service checkout - those never give out till spits in my experience.
Yes I noticed that too... bit of foot shooting on Tesco's part there. I always go to one of the manned checkouts for that reason.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by tishooo
I have never, ever had a till spit from a Tesco, despite shopping in various stores over the years. Anyone know why this might be?
I hadn't got any for years until the last couple of weeks when I've had 4 or 5.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by koksy
Yes I noticed that too... bit of foot shooting on Tesco's part there. I always go to one of the manned checkouts for that reason.
Same for the green clubcard points for bag re-use. I still use the self-service ones unless there is a regular till being idle.

Another issue: I noticed that the latest wine club coupons give me a discount as opposed to the promised clubcard points - e.g. a 50 points coupon gave me 50p discount I did email tesco customer service and they gave me the missing points (making this a double-dip ), but still...
Old Jun 8, 2008, 4:56 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by tishooo
I have never, ever had a till spit from a Tesco, despite shopping in various stores over the years. Anyone know why this might be?
Exactly the same here. Myself & Mrs S both have CCs and are in all the clubs however I never get till spits. It could be that both cards are registered at the same address. Two weeks back she got a 200 pointer if she bought Gillette fusion blades. Now I know she hasn't got that many whiskers so it must regognise that I buy them. Either that or she's not telling me something....
Old Jun 8, 2008, 7:03 am

Not sure if this is the best place but a little help please:

i obviously can rack up miles for BA via Tesco's to fly in premium cabins.....but is there an equivilent to this for hotels?

I know I cant transfer Tesco points to hotel programmes but any advice or a pointer would be appreciated - it's simply not good enough flying F and then having to slum it
Old Jun 8, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
The only possible explanation I could come up with was that there is some privacy checkbox when signing up that, if checked, prevents you from getting these offers? Who knows?! The tale above of 4 or 5 years of membership then getting some means that maybe I will get them some time in the future.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kezza25
i obviously can rack up miles for BA via Tesco's to fly in premium cabins.....but is there an equivilent to this for hotels?
Well, I was hoping that the new Clubcard Deals tie-up with Cadogan Holidays might be the answer to our shorthaul prayers for this one. £10 CC Vouchers = £40 Cadogan. As Cadogan offer accommodation-only and some rather nice hotels, there was always a chance....

Sadly, the Ts&Cs are pretty clear that CC Deals are valid against package tours only, and the booking must be for a minimum of £500. See here for full details and, if you are eagle-eyed, to see how their cut-and-pasting/editing is far from stellar. Motorpoint gets a mention half way through!

That said, given the poor value of using BA Miles for short/midhaul, converting Tesco to Cadogan for a complete package seems like a pretty good overall plan to me.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
But will Hugh get clubcard points for the £86K charge?

Link
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by continentalclub
Well, I was hoping that the new Clubcard Deals tie-up with Cadogan Holidays might be the answer to our shorthaul prayers for this one. £10 CC Vouchers = £40 Cadogan. As Cadogan offer accommodation-only and some rather nice hotels, there was always a chance....

Sadly, the Ts&Cs are pretty clear that CC Deals are valid against package tours only, and the booking must be for a minimum of £500. See here for full details and, if you are eagle-eyed, to see how their cut-and-pasting/editing is far from stellar. Motorpoint gets a mention half way through!

That said, given the poor value of using BA Miles for short/midhaul, converting Tesco to Cadogan for a complete package seems like a pretty good overall plan to me.
I've just got the Cadogan Winter Collection brochure in the post.

Quite frankly, it looks great. All the hotels are four or five star, including a couple of Four Seasons properties (and the Marbella Club if thats your idea of classy!). It basically covers the old GB routes (Crete, Cyprus, Malta, Gib, Spain etc) plus the Middle East and Egypt.

I wouldn't worry about the £500 minimum booking thing since, quite frankly, you'll struggle to find a decent four or five star with flights for that anyway, even on a 3-day break. I am very sorely tempted to use the £500 of Tesco vouchers I have sitting in a drawer for £2k of Cadogan holiday rather than take 120k BA Miles.

Last edited by Raffles; Jun 9, 2008 at 2:10 am
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:14 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Sorry have I missed something here, I normally use my points for BA Miles, however if using them to book via Cadogan, the details say the holiday must be booked within 6 months validity of the token, how on earth do I get enough points for this its only 2 qtrs for Tesco, or can have I missed the point?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by mycity68
have I missed the point?
Yes! Tesco vouchers are valid for two years, so you have a lot longer to accumulate.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Teece
Yes! Tesco vouchers are valid for two years, so you have a lot longer to accumulate.
..and you dont need the full amount in vouchers, you can just use whatever you have and pay the remainder in cash.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 8:18 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
..and you dont need the full amount in vouchers, you can just use whatever you have and pay the remainder in cash.
Thankyou both I think I understand, you mean save the clubcard vouchers up and then convert to deals with Cadegon, this token then has 6 months before expiry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.