Tesco and BA [2008 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by mycity68
Thankyou both I think I understand, you mean save the clubcard vouchers up and then convert to deals with Cadegon, this token then has 6 months before expiry?
Yes. FROM THE DAY YOU CONVERT YOUR VOUCHERS TO DEALS TOKENS you have 6 months to book (not travel).

If you can't use them in 6 months, you send them back to Tesco and they credit them back to your next statement.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: BA, BMi, VS, Starwood, Marriott
Wink

Originally Posted by frankvb
If you always use the self-service checkout - those never give out till spits in my experience.
There are other reasons to use self checkout...
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by frankvb
Same for the green clubcard points for bag re-use. I still use the self-service ones unless there is a regular till being idle.

Another issue: I noticed that the latest wine club coupons give me a discount as opposed to the promised clubcard points - e.g. a 50 points coupon gave me 50p discount I did email tesco customer service and they gave me the missing points (making this a double-dip ), but still...
There is a sheet at my local store which is usually on the till nearest the supervisor terminal. This has the green clubcard earning barcodes that you can scan to get the correct points. I've never had any problems using it although it does require something to go into the coupon slot to complete the routine.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC, HH, Avis, Hertz
checkout operator knows when you are about to get a till spit

Went to my local tesco last night, and used some wine club coupons; this lead to a discussion with the (very nice) lady on the till. As I was punching in my pin number she said 'ooh, looks like you've got some more points' and I asked what she meant. She told me that the screen tells her whether till spits are being produced on this transaction

(I got 300 points for 20 on men's clothing, and 1,000 on 50 spend with Tesco Direct, as mentioned above)

Thought you all might like to know
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
i get wine coupons such as '50 points on australian wine', '50 points on spanish wine', can i use them both together on any wine or is it strictly by region? i know some of the 'baby' points scan on all sorts of stuff..
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by dhoward
i get wine coupons such as '50 points on australian wine', '50 points on spanish wine', can i use them both together on any wine or is it strictly by region? i know some of the 'baby' points scan on all sorts of stuff..
My experience is that is is country specific. I recently mistakenly used a Spanish coupon on Portugese wine and it was rejected.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Agreed it's rare that you get wine glitches like the nappy ones where you can scan umpteen different nappy point vouchers against a single pack of nappies.

You can double up some of the wine ones, for example using an "any wine" coupon with a country-specific wine coupon provided you buy a wine of that specific country. Occasionally you can get a three-way one if you have a coupon for a specific-named bottle, a coupon for the corresponding country and an "any wine" coupon.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by upperdeckplease

(I got 300 points for 20 on men's clothing, and 1,000 on 50 spend with Tesco Direct, as mentioned above)

Thought you all might like to know
remember the 20 on mens clothing works if you dont buy the mens clothing - just spend 20 in the transaction
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Note that 2 of the '50 points on any Australian wine' coupons have different barcodes. This means they CAN be used together.

Also note that if you have multiple quanitities of the 8-10 digit personalised coupons (ie 1,000 points on a wine spend) then they CAN be used together. You CANNOT use more than 1 XX- coupon per order but you CAN use multiple personalised coupons - so 3 x 1,000 point wine coupons will go through on the same order. Note also that the £50 limit does not in reality apply, so 12 mini-bottles for £15 or so will work fine.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC, HH, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Gizmos
remember the 20 on mens clothing works if you dont buy the mens clothing - just spend 20 in the transaction
Thank you Gizmos. Handy to know. As it happens, I find it a good way of buying socks, and I don't then have to worry when I lose an odd sock, as they are so cheap 20 worth of socks is a good year's supply!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by upperdeckplease
20 worth of socks is a good year's supply!
Only because it buys 100 pairs - Tesco socks last about three washes, I reckon
Old Jun 11, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Inkjet Recycling Limit

T's and C's for Inkjet cartridge recycling now say that the limit is Max. 30 per household per year...but with 'phones it's 5 per person per year. Is there a per person limit for ink or can I merrily send 30? Not that I care greatly, but what's the rationale behind this? Surely either recycling cartridges is viable or it's not.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: BA IHG
slight ot i guess

Does anyone know if you can book 1 way flights with airmiles - the website doesnt seem to offer the option, so was just wondering if it was possible?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Does anyone know if you can book 1 way flights with airmiles - the website doesnt seem to offer the option, so was just wondering if it was possible?
Sadly not.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Blue, HHonors, Priority Club
Mini-bottles

Originally Posted by Raffles
Note also that the 50 limit does not in reality apply, so 12 mini-bottles for 15 or so will work fine.
Raffles - please could you give a clue where you are finding these "mini-bottles" on the wine site? Either I am having a really bad Friday afternoon or I'm going senile, or even worse - more blonde than I was previously, but I can't for the life of me find them and I've got a few points I want to cash in and if I can do it for less than the ludicrous 50 they are demanding that will be brilliant (I really should have been a hedge-funder rather than a musician type...)

Many thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.