Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2008 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA SILVER HH GOLD MR GOLD
Originally Posted by smirnoof
Any HHonor Gold members here? Have you tried booking a room through Tesco points and then using your card to upgrade your room or even get any points off your card?
Stayed at Park Lane Hilton using Tesco Vouchers about a year ago. We were upgraded to exec floor and got Hhonors points and BA miles (both doubled as there was a promotion on at the time)
Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:57 pm

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Blue, HHonors, Priority Club
Lambrusco <hic>

Thanks for the previous tips re the Lambrusco - another 1750 points now in the bag, though I was a little miffed that it didn't class the Lambrusco as "sparkling" so I had to order two cases for the minimum order. Oh well, looks like Johannes the Violin and myself will be getting tipsy on cheap plonk all through this rainy summer, anyone want to come for a party?

By the way, do people agree that in-store points offers seem to be non-existent at present? I could really do with another Johnson's Baby promotion as I've almost used up all the stuff I got during the last one.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Starting tomorrow, for one week ,Tesco are offering in store 25% off all wine when 6 bottles purchased. Information gleened from The News of the World after finding out today they were offering £5 off £30 purchases if you bought a copy. Suggestions of what I should do with the NOFTW after cutitng out the voucher will be gratefully received.

This is a good opportunity to use your last lot of Wine Club voucher.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
1000 clubcard points (2400 BA miles) for £30

OK so maybe not the cheapest way to earn extra miles but it's still cheaper than buying from BA but if you were thinking of going on a diet then maybe its worth it.

This is an offer from Tesco deal of the day emeil

http://www.tescodiets.com/index.cfm?...r=1000clubcard
YOu need to sign up to Tesco diets for 10 weeks (2.99 a week) and get 1000 clubcard points.

You have to order by 10am on Tues 1st July (Yes that is tomorrow)
Old Jul 2, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Now Tesco and AA!

New AAdvantage e-store offering 2 AAdvantage miles for Tesco.com purchases. Doesn't apply to grocery orders but if you have both BAEC & AAdvantage accounts, you might as well have the miles on top of the usual benefits.

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.co.u....jsp?plc=2880#
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Anyone else having problems placing a wine order? I go through the whole process and when I click the Confirm button to make the payment it just refreshes back to the basket.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Aerotec
Anyone else having problems placing a wine order? I go through the whole process and when I click the Confirm button to make the payment it just refreshes back to the basket.
I was having that problem last week - I suspect it was because I was using a points coupon (that was accepted ok) - but had already been used on one of my other accounts.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Ah,

I hadn't noticed the tiny little "Out of Stock" against one of the wine cases in the basket. They need to make it clearer!

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I was having that problem last week - I suspect it was because I was using a points coupon (that was accepted ok) - but had already been used on one of my other accounts.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Aerotec
Ah,

I hadn't noticed the tiny little "Out of Stock" against one of the wine cases in the basket. They need to make it clearer!
Yes I have been caught with that but I also had the payment process crash 4 times in a row so will be checking my credit card statement carefully
Old Jul 14, 2008, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any wine offers?

I can't remember the last wine offer - used to be able to get 1000 points on pretty much any purchase!

Anyone know if there are likely to be any more wine offers soon?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by BA Loyal
I can't remember the last wine offer - used to be able to get 1000 points on pretty much any purchase!

Anyone know if there are likely to be any more wine offers soon?
Next wine club mailing should be along in a month or so. Because the wine codes are now targetted, you need to join the Wine Club multiple times (on different clubcards, same address OK) to get multiple 1,000 point vouchers.

Remember, of course, that if you get a 1,000 point grocery code nothing stops you buying £50 of wine from the grocery site - I tend to find this a better deal than using the wine club codes.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Raffles
Remember, of course, that if you get a 1,000 point grocery code nothing stops you buying £50 of wine from the grocery site - I tend to find this a better deal than using the wine club codes.
Raffles, just out of curiosity, why do you find buying from the grocery site a better deal?

Do you mean because you get better point codes given to you for the grocery site or is it something to do with the actual wine you're buying from the different parts of the Tesco website.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
For one, you can buy minimum of 1 bottle of any wine available, rather than minimum 6 bottles through wineclub.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:44 am

I can't answer for Raffles and he may have other reasons, but I always double check to see if Grocery is a better bet than Wine Club.

Up until last week, you could combine a 1000 point Grocery code (in fact I was able to use two of these on separate orders per account) with the 25% off wyb 6 bottles promo.

Grocery deliveries can also (in times of need) be within 24 hours, rather than the following week. You can also amortise the cost of delivery across your wine and any other comestibles you may need.

Finally, on the subject of Wine Club codes, the last ones expired yesterday (13th), so Raffles is right that the next ones should be 4, maybe 6 weeks away.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
BTW when does this quarter end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.