Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2008 archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by mycity68
Hi Teece, when you say you have never had a problem is that from one Tesco account or from more than one
More than one.
Old May 23, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Brilliant many thanks Teece
Old May 23, 2008, 1:20 pm

nonononono, dont do it all in one go!!!.

Historic accounts for some reason sometimes still go through fine when muddled together, but more often than not it doesnt. Especially if it is your first go you must do them separately. They can all go into your same BA account, but you need to do 3 separate transactions, each time logging in to the relevant tesco account to do the operation.

You've got nothing to lose doing it separate, but everything to lose if you dont and it goes belly up.
Old May 25, 2008, 10:06 am
uk1
Suspended

I was thunking todot, over a gliss of Riajo (2005) - how vunderbar those days were when we git 1500 punts for 12 lottle bottuls of plunk. Now I have still have a wine luke of vuntage wien and too return treeps to Ostrulia in der pointy end. Dose wear de days! Hic.
Old May 25, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Originally Posted by uk1
I was thunking todot, over a gliss of Riajo (2005) - how vunderbar those days were when we git 1500 punts for 12 lottle bottuls of plunk. Now I have still have a wine luke of vuntage wien and too return treeps to Ostrulia in der pointy end. Dose wear de days! Hic.
Have you been earning Tesco points buying glue uk1?

A sunny day in Scotland (albeit a bit windy) has seen me pouring some of my point generating fluid down the gullet with the greatest of ease!!

JAT
Old May 25, 2008, 2:54 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by JAT74L
Have you been earning Tesco points buying glue uk1?

A sunny day in Scotland (albeit a bit windy) has seen me pouring some of my point generating fluid down the gullet with the greatest of ease!!

JAT
I guess the only good thing is that the stuff I bought two years ago or so is now Vintage!
Old May 25, 2008, 3:08 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by uk1
I guess the only good thing is that the stuff I bought two years ago or so is now Vintage!
If it was vintage 2 years ago it still is. If it wasn't then, it still ain't!

[/PEDANT]
Old May 25, 2008, 5:58 pm
formerly Sparkster

Originally Posted by Raffles
Got my £20 of nappies last night and the 1,000 point code worked fine. Got a similar order coming next week.

However, it seems Tesco has now fixed the glitch and you need to spend £50 now.
I placed an order last week for about £35 and the 1000 point code worked. However, because I'm in the US at the moment I scheduled the delivery for Wednesday 28 May. I'm wondering if I will still get the points or whether I should add more to the order to take it to over £50.

In short, if the code was accepted when I placed the order, does this mean the points will get added regardless of when the delivery is scheduled?

What do you think?
Old May 26, 2008, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My order arrived a few days after they increased the minimum order to £50 and I still got my 1,000 points. I expect to get another 1k for the identical order I'm getting this Wednesday.

Obviously if you can think of £15 of stuff you actually need it doesn't do any harm to increase the order, but it doesn't seem necessary in my experience.
Old May 26, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA IHG
OT - tesco and airmiles

I bought a few airmiles with my tesco vouchers but no where in the checkout process did it ask for my airmiles membership number (like it does for your BAEC number when buying BA miles). How will the airmiles end up in the right place? Anyone know?
Old May 26, 2008, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I bought a few airmiles with my tesco vouchers but no where in the checkout process did it ask for my airmiles membership number (like it does for your BAEC number when buying BA miles). How will the airmiles end up in the right place? Anyone know?
Address cross-check I presume - worked ok for me last year
Old May 27, 2008, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
My order arrived a few days after they increased the minimum order to 50 and I still got my 1,000 points. I expect to get another 1k for the identical order I'm getting this Wednesday.

Obviously if you can think of 15 of stuff you actually need it doesn't do any harm to increase the order, but it doesn't seem necessary in my experience.
I am a little confused as to what the conversation about nappies is? I've used both the recent 1000 points codes, but not on nappies. Only on standard groceries orders. Whats going on with all the nappy ordering?
Old May 27, 2008, 2:14 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
nonononono, dont do it all in one go!!!.

Historic accounts for some reason sometimes still go through fine when muddled together, but more often than not it doesnt. Especially if it is your first go you must do them separately. They can all go into your same BA account, but you need to do 3 separate transactions, each time logging in to the relevant tesco account to do the operation.

You've got nothing to lose doing it separate, but everything to lose if you dont and it goes belly up.
Hi Kryten, thanks for the advice, but have already done it, and they went through ok
Old May 27, 2008, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by mcampster
I am a little confused as to what the conversation about nappies is? I've used both the recent 1000 points codes, but not on nappies. Only on standard groceries orders. Whats going on with all the nappy ordering?
Nothing! I obviously needed to buy something to trigger the 1,000 points, and a couple of bags of nappies seemed a sensible choice - especially as we always walk to the shops normally and they are a bugger to carry. Obviously if you don't have a baby then this is not such a good idea.
Old May 27, 2008, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze, PC Platinum Elite Ambassador, Marriot Rewards Gold Elite, Starwood PG, HH
Ink Catridge Recycling question

Anyone know whether the recycling scheme accepts full cartridges, which may be out of date, no use as printer changed or both?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.