Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
I used to be a regular BA Gold Customer but over the last few years I’ve been transferring my business elsewhere. This has not been because of the quality of the product itself, which I think rates as one of the best, but because of my increasing frustration with the decreasing quality of BA’s Customer service.

I think this initiative by Lyndsay and Dilshad is a great step in the right direction.

I have been trying to solve a relatively minor problem with two of my bookings on MMB for some months. I have spent hours hanging on the telephone to BAEC and have had various totally useless responses from raising the problem via the on-line route from people who clearly had no interest in the problem or the Customer.

One PM to Dilshad and the problem was solved in less time than I have spent on the telephone.

Thank you both and please keep up the good work.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex BA Premium Plus
I already sent a report of this to Dilly, but did this happened to anybody? Maybe there's a workaround I was unable to find:

I had a problem with OLCI trying to check in (me and Mrs. Lovecraft) for BA2646 to Madrid tomorrow 8am from LGW.

Since Spain requires advance passport information, I tried to enter this information, but I always get 2 errors:

Please check the country, which issued your passport.

Seems like ba.com thinks if you live in the UK, you must be a UK citizen, which is not the case.

There is a problem with the Passport Expiry Date you have entered. Please verify this and resubmit your details.

But there's no field to enter the Passport Expiry Date.

So I'm unable to OLCI which is bad because now I cannot select my sats, I was looking forward to choose two seats together on the left side where's only 2 seats.

Any suggestion?
cheers!
Old Nov 16, 2007, 2:49 am

Wow, that was quick! Dilly just solved my problem, I had to OLCI without logging in into my BAEC account first.
However there's an issue when trying to enter API under certain circumstances, but Dilly submitted to the IT team and hopefully they will solve it soon.

Thanks Dilly!
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Hi Dilly,
Thanks for everything you are doing here.
I know the following is hardly on top of list of priorities for the web support team, however, I and others here (at least a couple of others I know of), have reported it to them many times in the past couple of years.
There were also a couple of threads started about this last year sometime.

The problem is simple:

When trying to book a one way redemption booking LHR-TLV, after choosing the available flight, the following message come sup:

Error

Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center.
This is only on this route, only in this direction (TLV-LHR no problem) and only in this class of travel.
Booking one way Y, J, or F isn't a problem.

I have had 3 occasions when I ended up having to pay £15 offline booking fee for something that should be extremely straight forward to do online.

It is a really strange one, but check it out for yourself!

Looking forward to hearing what you come up with...

Many thanks!

Last edited by clubman; Nov 16, 2007 at 7:48 am
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:31 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Dilly,

I fear my welcome may be too late, but 'Welcome' anyway - and thanks Lyndsay!

One question re: ba.com. Is my inability to register my 11 year old son's BAEC no. at the time of booking BA policy or a shortcoming with ba.com? If the latter, any chance you could fix it please?

It's never a problem when booking through my company's travel agent, just when booking directly on-line with BA. Many thanks.
Phil,

This is currently a "shortcoming with ba.com" as you say.

However it is planned to be fixed next month and (fingers crossed) from about mid-December you will be able to enter a child's exec club number at time of booking on ba.com.

Also, I am going through this thread and the PMs I have received and will be responding to everything. Some are taking longer to resolve/respond to.

Thanks,

Dilly.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Not sure if this is a known problem...

Just booked a one way LHR - EDI.

Fare was £41.90.

On the payment page I selected Visa Debit and Total showed as £560.40 but amount to pay at bottom of page was £0.00.

I made the payment anyway and the Visa Debit security screen confirmed the payment to be taken was £41.90.

The confirmation page then confirmed £560.40 had been charged to my card. A quick call to reservations assured me that it was only £41.90 charged so seems to be a mathematics bug with ba.com.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Cool!!!

Look forward to seeing it. Will it be booking by fare code though - or just telling us what the fare code is?

Don't think we've had an answer to this? Would be good to know, please.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Aerotec
Not sure if this is a known problem...

Just booked a one way LHR - EDI.

Fare was £41.90.

On the payment page I selected Visa Debit and Total showed as £560.40 but amount to pay at bottom of page was £0.00.

I made the payment anyway and the Visa Debit security screen confirmed the payment to be taken was £41.90.

The confirmation page then confirmed £560.40 had been charged to my card. A quick call to reservations assured me that it was only £41.90 charged so seems to be a mathematics bug with ba.com.
Something similar happened to me once, almost 2 years ago. I wanted to upgrade to WT+, and the page showed a ridiculous low price for the whole upgrade (something like £1.58 or so). I went ahead with the upgrade (hoping that low amount will end in my card, to be honest) but it was charged with the full price of the upgrade, don't remember now how much it was. Fair enough, but the page never actually showed the correct price.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
If MMB offers to let you 'Upgrade your class of travel, could it actually do it instead of going through the pages and then telling you to refer back to your booking agent?

C'mon we're trying to GIVE you money and you wont take it!!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Hi Dilly,

If you haven't seen it already, have a look at this thread started by BAg Lady

Brgds, HB
Old Nov 18, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Great news Lyndsay for you and Dilshad helping us out with Executive Club and ba.com issues. Here's another 'help' question.

On Tuesday of this week I booked flights on ba.com and after booking I received an email asking me to confirm my email address saying YOU MUST CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR BA.COM ACCOUNT. I clicked on the link was re-directed to my BA account. All was good so or I thought. About 10 minutes later I received another email asking me to do the same thing which I did and received a pop up saying that "Unfortunately, this email address does not match the one we hold against your membership"

On Friday I called BA technical support and they told me that they couldn't help me and to call the Executive Club number and someone there could "fix" it . I then called the EC and they said they couldn't help me and call technical support.

So yesterday (Saturday) I tried to confirm my email address again (via the 2nd email link)--same thing "email does NOT match my account". I then sign into MMB via my card number and password and see that a portion of my flight has been cancelled (wonderful). I called EC and they said an email was sent to me on Thursday telling me about the cancelled flight. I never received the email. After speaking to the EC Rep and trying to figure out an alternate flight, EC Rep said she would send me an email with flights that we discussed. Now either she did NOT send me an email or my email address has fallen out of BA's system.

I need to be receiving emails from BA. I am leary about going into my profile and re-entering my correct email as this might hose things up more-sounds silly I know.

I just spend $3 grand for my ticket and need to get further alerts (gosh forbid) concerning my booking.

Any help, resolution would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
A feature request: would it be possible to be able to change/update e-mail addresses in a booking (like you can for mobile phone numbers)? Just this week I was looking at a booking a staff member had made to take their ticket number for an OB retroclaim after it's flown...their e-mail address was incorrect but couldn't be updated (but I was able to add their number OK).

This was an Expedia booking which brings me to another request: can we have the 'Add OnBusiness' option for all bookings where there is not an OB number in the booking already? Expedia ones never offer this meaning I need to keep track of them all for retroclaims. I know there's a risk of ineligible bookings being tagged with OB numbers (i.e. those issued by a non-UK TA) but OB is very good at posting only what is eligible on their back-end so it's no issue really.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Lovecraft
I already sent a report of this to Dilly, but did this happened to anybody? Maybe there's a workaround I was unable to find:

I had a problem with OLCI trying to check in (me and Mrs. Lovecraft) for BA2646 to Madrid tomorrow 8am from LGW.

Since Spain requires advance passport information, I tried to enter this information, but I always get 2 errors:....
I had similar problems (although not identical error messges) with a trip from LCY to MAD in June. It told me it needed API (actually already on my profile) but when I went to input it, it simply said it was "complete" and didn't let me proceed any further. The same solution as in your case (OLCI without entering BAEC) would not have worked because a friend travelling with me, on a different PNR, not a BAEC member, had the same issue. Calling BAEC was just very frustrating - they could see there was a problem, and it wouldn't let them input API either, but they had no idea how to fix it - "wait a few hours and try again" was the extent of their brilliant ideas; they also made up a number of imaginative (but wrong) explanations.

It hasn't happened on subsequent trips to Spain, but there definitely is (or at least was) something f**ked about the API entry system,
Old Nov 18, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
This was an Expedia booking which brings me to another request: can we have the 'Add OnBusiness' option for all bookings where there is not an OB number in the booking already? Expedia ones never offer this meaning I need to keep track of them all for retroclaims. I know there's a risk of ineligible bookings being tagged with OB numbers (i.e. those issued by a non-UK TA) but OB is very good at posting only what is eligible on their back-end so it's no issue really.
Seconded as well as you used to be able to see that the OB number was entered when you clicked on print my itinerary - pls. bring back that feature.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Question Reference - My posting Nov 18th

I still am not receiving emails from BA. I contacted EC today (11/19) to change my flights and while I was on the phone with Rep she sent two emails to my email account, with my flight details, that is registered with that specific email address. We waited for almost 10 minutes and it didn't come thru. I also gave her an alternate email address for this specific booking and those two didn't come thru either.

Dilly can you help me please? The EC Rep said that Technical support is the only ones that can help me. I'll send you a PM with my account details.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.