Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2007, 11:15 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
^ ^ ^
Old Nov 9, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
^^

Brilliant news and very much appreciated! And remember we never moan here at FT we just "make suggestions for imrpovement!

Can I start the ball rolling with 2 things...

1. When I click the "Exit Booking" after viewing a booking on MMB the page it goes to is a search page requiring the Booking Ref and Surname. Can the linkl be changed so it goes back to the list if actual bookings against my Exec number?

2. I use a Nokia Internet pad and have just bought the newer N800 version but it won't let me log in to ba.com. When I click the field to type in my Exec Number it causes the ba.com page to refresh. I am not sure if this is a browser fault on the device or a fault with how ba.com is coded? As it did the same thing on 2 different versions of the device and no other website does this I wonder if it is more likely a ba.com fault? If I can log in to ba.com with this device then I can stop taking my laptop with me on my travels which would be great!

Thanks for setting this up Lyndsay and co!

Rich
Old Nov 9, 2007, 12:44 pm

^^ fab news

this may not be the right thread for enhancement requests....but...

1 - Fare Rules - a link to the actual Fare Code/Basis and Fare Rules would be very useful

2 - Ability to book in specific fare classes

Nice to have another (semi-)official BA person onboard....
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Great news ^

Originally Posted by Aerotec
2. I use a Nokia Internet pad and have just bought the newer N800 version but it won't let me log in to ba.com. When I click the field to type in my Exec Number it causes the ba.com page to refresh. I am not sure if this is a browser fault on the device or a fault with how ba.com is coded? As it did the same thing on 2 different versions of the device and no other website does this I wonder if it is more likely a ba.com fault? If I can log in to ba.com with this device then I can stop taking my laptop with me on my travels which would be great!
I used to have the same problem with the regular Nokia S60 browser. However I retried last week, and this suddenly did work. Caveat is that I can't remember if it was the same phone - I have an N73 and an E51, and it may only have worked in the newest.

Now unfortunately the browser in the N800 is not based on the same code as the one in the Nokia S60 phones. But if this is indeed a browser problem it may be fixed in the future (or you can fix it yourself as it should be open source ).
Old Nov 9, 2007, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FI, AC
Splendid news. I hope this means I can keep the -inducing contact with EC North America to a minimum.

From Canada, thanks to Lyndsay and welcome to Dilshad!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Good news!

Route map does not work on Mac OS 10.5 using safari or firefox . I have to abort the process as it runs too slowly in flash player. I have the latest version of flash installed.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club

Specifically, Dilshad will be working on the following areas:-

Manage My Booking
Online Check-in
Seating
Booking processes
Fare Quotes
Payment Issues
Taxes/Fees/Surcharges
Never had a problem with any of the above but always handy to know that help is just a PM away,many thanks for taking an interest in the BAEC board.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC Elite, Qantas Gold, Royal Orchid Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Never had a problem with any of the above but always handy to know that help is just a PM away,many thanks for taking an interest in the BAEC board.
Really ? MMB, You must be a very lucky person Hiddy
Old Nov 10, 2007, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by MorganB
Good news!

Route map does not work on Mac OS 10.5 using safari or firefox . I have to abort the process as it runs too slowly in flash player. I have the latest version of flash installed.
Yurp same for me!!!
Old Nov 10, 2007, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by MorganB
Good news!

Thirded. Would be great if you could fix this.

But BA.com does seem to work well on an iPhone including MMB and selecting seats, but I haven't had a chance to OLCI yet.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:39 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi guys.... Thank you to everyone for the really warm welcome..... I'll do my best to help everyone out. I'm going to be looking at each of the queries you have raised in this thread and come back with a response.

Can I ask when you report a problem with retrieving a booking/pnr, please note the date/time of when you tried to do this as it'll help the IT dept to find and pull up the logs when they look into any problems.

Thanks,

Dilly
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:51 pm

Well, if everyone else is going to chicken out...

Dilshad, could I pretty please (with Aspartame on top) get seat 0A (I assume this would be the cockpit?) on BA9, Nov 27th?

j/k, but welcome!
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:22 pm

Sure.... as long as you can send my your pilot's licence

Thanks for the welcome

Originally Posted by The letter R
Well, if everyone else is going to chicken out...

Dilshad, could I pretty please (with Aspartame on top) get seat 0A (I assume this would be the cockpit?) on BA9, Nov 27th?

j/k, but welcome!
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^^^ Excellent idea, and welcome.

Now, did anyone mention fare classes?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
^^^ Excellent idea, and welcome.

Now, did anyone mention fare classes?
hmm.... maybe a few people here mumbled how it'd be a nice to have..... I aim to please.... so watch this space

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.