Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Thank You BA & Lyndsay. Welcome Dilshad.

^ ^ ^
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:38 pm

One thing that'd be good is if the telephone team backing up BA.com were all adequately updated with correct information. I spoke to one a couple of days ago who swore blind that I couldnt do a one-way Amex 241 booking. When I said that I could do it online, she said that it was a bug on the website!

Last edited by kryten22uk; Nov 12, 2007 at 3:03 pm
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Excellent news - Dilshad, welcome to the forum!
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
To help you with your more specific and sometimes technical questions about ba.com, I have enlisted the help of one of my colleagues – Dilshad Caffoor, a member of our ba.com support team. Dilshad will be monitoring Flyertalk and posting information specifically about ba.com issues, leaving me to continue to handle your Executive Club membership queries.
Thanks Lyndsey and Dilly in advance. It is really good to have this assistance from BA and the Executive Club!

A couple of general points to start:

1) the seat map, although better than before, gives the impression, for example, that there are toilets at the back of Club (say row 3 or 4) on an A320, 737, etc. NIME there aren't any.

2) Not being able to locate bookings, even though they have been booked online at ba.com.

Thanks again!
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:06 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

If we have more details (eg the person you spoke to, date/time of call) we can try to feed this back to the call centre.

Thanks

Dilly
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:31 pm

Programs: F
Why, having been charged £5 extra to make reward bookings via telephone, because ba.com cannot cope with open-jaw mixed-class bookings, do I then have the options of cancelling and changing the date and time greyed out on in MMB?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Hello Dilshad:

Granted this may be more endemic within the BA reservation systems, but why the ongoing problem with trying to change seats?

For example, go into MMB, find free seat that you like, you move there, but when you click to confirm it, it tells you you cannot.

At least we've learned to call up and ask the reservation agent to delete the seat assignment. Once that is done, it can be re-assigned.

But why?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Hi Dilly

First off, many thanks for taking the time to read our comments / requests. There's many a retail company that wouldn't bother. This is yet another reason why BA (although at times frustrating) is the world's favourite airline... ^^^

My main problem is not being able to amend a booking made through a travel agent, even during the T-24 period. The official reason for this is that the travel agent 'owns' the booking. But they don't! I own it!

Instead, because my travel agent's 24/7 cover is rubbish, I have to go to the airport to make any changes I need, which is incredibly frutrating.

It would be great if during T-24 (when OLCI is open) - or even earlier - I could do simple things like change flights, upgrade, etc.

Kind regards
/MHL
Old Nov 12, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
hmm.... maybe a few people here mumbled how it'd be a nice to have..... I aim to please.... so watch this space
Hi Dilly, and welcome.

Support from me too for the ability to book flights by fare class.

You need look no further than the MA web site to see how it can be done.

Brgds, HB
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
If we have more details (eg the person you spoke to, date/time of call) we can try to feed this back to the call centre.

Thanks

Dilly

Looking on my past calls list on mobile shows a call at 1728 on 6 November. I cant however remember the name of the lady. She was in general very friendly and useful, it just didnt seem like she had full knowledge of the changes to Amex voucher bookings.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 7:03 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Bookings not appearing in MMB

I have had an issue with a booking that does not appear in MMB. Although I can easily find it using PNR and surname, it seems slightly redundant when MMB should provide easy access to all my bookings. My BA Exec Club number is in the lost bookings, which incidentally became lost after date changes were made.

Is there an easy way to fix this? Or should I write a PM?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by heartybob
Hi Dilly, and welcome.

Brgds, HB
The MA way of booking by fare code is very impressive indeed. Also like the easy to read pop up boxes with fare rules. ^^^^^
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
The MA way of booking by fare code is very impressive indeed. Also like the easy to read pop up boxes with fare rules. ^^^^^
Actually what I also like on the MA website is their seat maps of the shorthaul fleet - showing how the convertible seats work.

On BA, the Club Europe seat map is merely the ET seat map with the C seats taken out (instead of half the B seat). It gives no indication that infact the CE seat settings are two inches wider etc etc.

The MA website shows this perfectly - and also how the A and C in the front row in economy are also in business format:

See here:

http://www.malev.hu/pics/737-700_119ules_nagy.jpg
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Actually what I also like on the MA website is their seat maps of the shorthaul fleet - showing how the convertible seats work.

On BA, the Club Europe seat map is merely the ET seat map with the C seats taken out (instead of half the B seat). It gives no indication that infact the CE seat settings are two inches wider etc etc.

The MA website shows this perfectly - and also how the A and C in the front row in economy are also in business format:

See here:

http://www.malev.hu/pics/737-700_119ules_nagy.jpg
I've been very impressed with the MA web site, although it's not much use for anything other than booking MA flights - AFAIK it doesn't even have seat selection or OLCI functionality.

If only BAngalore.com could be made to work like the MA web site for fare class selection and like the AA web site for the ability to book with any OW carrier @:-)

FWIW, on the MA shorthaul 737's I have flown the Business seats have been fixed, not convertable, so when the load in Business is low and the load in economy is high, the curtain is just moved forward so that the front x rows of economy are actually Business seats.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:42 am

Programs: If Easyjet gave status....
Originally Posted by heartybob
Hi Dilly, and welcome.

Brgds, HB
I'd never looked at their website before, but the MA booking system is genius. It's as straightforward to book exactly the fares that suit you on MA as it's impossible to do so on BA.com!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.