Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Hi Dilly and welcome

I have a problem from time to time with shareholder bookings and full fare domestic tickets. When you try and change them, which should be without charge, the system often quotes you an additional fare which is the 10% discount that has been applied. A call nromally sorts this out, but it makes a bit of a nonsense being encouraged to do this online.

Paul
Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Is the ba.com pricing engine down? It brings back errors when trying to price anything up
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:23 am

This is probably a good time for me to welcome Dilly to FT. Together with Lyndsay the channels you open up are most welcome and should be applauded. I am sure this goes a long way to encourage the frequent flyers and anoraks alike who view and post on this board.

The addition of fare codes on ba.com is something that we have been asking for for ages and I am delighted that it the request has now been granted. The relationship between FT and BA is clearly a very mutual and beneficial one. I award the very rare six thumbs up ^^^^^^
Old Nov 20, 2007, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Too large for MMB

I have an Aone4 booking with just three sectors left. I have not been able to access the remaining flights on MMB since confirming the last three sectors. I always get an error message.

I'm told this is to do with a limit on the number of sectors that is allowed in the system. The limit was apparently exceeded when some open segments were converted to confirmed flights.

Telephoning the BAEC, they have managed to sort out seats (1A/K) on the 25th sector on the ticket, so I am happy.

It would seem though that this is something that MMB should be able to cope with.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
"Seating" or "Choose Your Seat"

Probably not a ba.com fault but...

I see that any BA exclusive booking on MMB has a right hand navigation bar option of "Seating" but any flight I have with other airlines shows "Choose your seat".

However the flights with other airlines only lets me choose seats for BA operated flights.

Hey ho... Time for bed!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 5:44 am

issue resolved. deleted so as to not take up Helper's time.

Last edited by kryten22uk; Nov 23, 2007 at 4:55 am
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
How do I do a drum roll here?
Booking classes will be available on ba.com this month I'm told. I look forward to your comments once it's up and running.
I'm just off to look at the Malev site now.
Kind Regards,
Dilly
Hi Dilly,

After this week's short-lived mass beta test and subsequent comments, do you have any further news for us?

Brgds, HB
Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:34 am

Hmmm - the ba.com pricing engine does seem quite screwed at the moment.

Looking at a CE return to AMS I can pick to dates that are £82 each way, then when I go to select the flights it bumps the price to 115 each way.

That and the pricing engine doesn't work on Firefox for some reason
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:27 am

Also, I'm unable to select 1A & 1C (both showing available) on a forthcoming Club Europe flight BCN-LGW as a Gold travelling with a Blue, but 2A & 2C work.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by schofs
Also, I'm unable to select 1A & 1C (both showing available) on a forthcoming Club Europe flight BCN-LGW as a Gold travelling with a Blue, but 2A & 2C work.
That's been around for ages - can be sorted with a phonecall, I believe.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Teece
That's been around for ages - can be sorted with a phonecall, I believe.
Really? I've never had a problem before (most recent CE being in October and it worked fine)
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Originally Posted by schofs
Really? I've never had a problem before (most recent CE being in October and it worked fine)
I think this is the bug-du-mois at the moment. Several of us have had same issue. Seems to be the second or subsequent segments.

Just call the Gold line and have them delete the offending seat assignments and reselect new seats.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
OT Help!

Sorry if this is OT but i would just like some help.

I am trying to claim TPs and miles for a Malev flight in June. I have faxed BA three times, twice to the UK and once in Cyprus and telephoned once specifically to sort this out. The phone call to BAEC was hopeless - and the person on the line really didnt want to help out on this. Its now five months - what do i have to do to have these TPs and points added - its not very many, LCA-BUD but it all adds up.

Im just feeling more than a tad frustrated - we get sold the idea of buying into FF programmes, and then have to do all the hard work, and BA are not helping here!

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 4:56 am

Heres my improvement suggestion, maybe when searching reward flights there could be another option to display all availability at once. i.e. in all classes for your date +/- 3 or 4 days?

Something akin to the following maybe:

LHR to DXB 01/01/08 09:10hrs Z4 U7 P1 X9
LHR to DXB 01/01/08 21:40hrs Z0 U1 P3 X1
LHR to DXB 02/01/08 09:10hrs Z1 U1 P3 X7
etc
etc

This would save a fair amount of time if for example you're just browsing the options, prior to going into the main detailed booking process. It seems that the above is soon to be on the likes of EF and KVS anyway, but it'd be good to have it from the horses mouth too, as it were.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 5:16 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Exclamation Booking problem - possible loss of revenue

Hi Dilly

Can I suggest you look into what happens when somebody tries an ex-DOH booking? I have been trying to make one for the past several weeks and it always fails at the final 'Confirm booking' stage with some weird error about baggage allowances!

I finally gave up this morning and successfully booked via Expedia. It went through instantly and is showing up in ba.com, but this suggests to me that the problem may lie in the booking part of ba.com rather than deeper in the booking engine.

I'm happy that my booking is made (even if it did cost me an extra fiver in Expedia fees ), but this error must be running the risk of causing revenue loss to BA.

Last edited by Steady-EDI; Nov 23, 2007 at 6:16 am Reason: hideous spelling error!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.