Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ULTIMATE BA Upgrade Discussion/Experiences Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator notice:
This thread was archived for posterity on 01 February 2015.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

ULTIMATE BA Upgrade Discussion/Experiences Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: BA miles BMI Virgin Qantas
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Yes. All WT+ fares can be MFU'd to Club.

BAH
Thank you BAH
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by xchriss
Booked in H (WT discount but changeable if you pay the fee)
H is a flexible fare.
Not considered discounted WT.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by xchriss
Thank goodness, WT on a 777 LH is not pleasant.
Unless you get the exit row, which has WAY more legroom than WT+...
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Teece
Unless you get the exit row, which has WAY more legroom than WT+...
Indeed.
I have actually refused an upgrade to a middle row in WT+ on the 777, and preferred to stay in my exit row seat.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
duplicate post deleted
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by clubman
Indeed.
I have actually refused an upgrade to a middle row in WT+ on the 777, and preferred to stay in my exit row seat.
Tough call for me, as I like the extra width of the WT+ seat, the separation form the neighbouring pax, and the extra decline.

JS
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by James S
Tough call for me, as I like the extra width of the WT+ seat, the separation form the neighbouring pax, and the extra decline.

JS
What, the seat gets worse faster than the WT one?

Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:13 am

First upgrade experience was 15ish years ago when traveling with a friend on a round-the-world trip. Our last leg was LAX-LHR, we had got to the airport very early as our previous flight from FIJI landed the night before. Anyway, checked in, requested and got exit row seats at the front of Y. Once aboard waiting to taxi the FA right in front of us was in a bit of a panic on the intercom. She looked down at us and upgraded us straight to club (this is pre WT+ days). Cue uproar in the Y cabin. Bearing in mind we were on the last segment of 5 months away and were certainly the most unshaven, scruffily dressed people on the plane there were some pretty p8ssed off people who obviously made the trip often.

We were ushered into the club cabin with grins ear-to-ear and got stuck into the champagne. I asked the FA why she upgraded us and not someone with status. She said "for a quiet life, if I asked for card members half the cabin would have got there wallets out"

Looking back, I feel sorry now for the other people in J with 'students' in the midst. Can remember Ben Kingsley giving us a second look as he walked through the J cabin from F when we landed.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Prem, LH Blue, Thai Gold ,KLM Ivory, Priority Club Plat, HiltonH Gold, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by clubman
Indeed.
Yes me too several times.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 7:42 pm

Has anyone ever received an op-up when on an MFU? (eg. paid for WT+ used miles to get to CW, and then at checkin told you are in F)
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP, FI
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Has anyone ever received an op-up when on an MFU? (eg. paid for WT+ used miles to get to CW, and then at checkin told you are in F)
Yes many times out of JFK, BWI and PHL.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Yes, from (WT+ MFUd to) CW to F.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, just the once. However, had to decline as only myself and wife were offered to move to F, leaving the kids in CW
Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Yes. All WT+ fares can be MFU'd to Club.

BAH
Apart from those bought with a shareholder discount...
Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Come come, now, terpfan101 - that's in the guide itself as an actual question down at the end there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.