Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Points now earned on Aer Lingus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Originally Posted by Papa.Lima.Echo
When booking on the Aer Lingus website you can select BA Executive Club as the loyalty programme from the drop-down and enter your EC number at booking. Just don't log in to your Aer Lingus account when making the booking.
If you had booked using your Aer Lingus account before the announcement that BAEC TPs would start to be awarded, you cannot change your loyalty programme or number online. I was in this position, with my Aerclub account coded into four legs MAN_DUB_PHL_DUB_MAN (and the PHL_DUB route being flown on AA metal withn an EI codeshare flight number). I used X(Twitter) to contact Aer Lingus and asked them to update it and it was done. It took them overnight to get back to my initial request, but after a few messages the following day it was done in less than an hour. It has also flowed through to the AA booking/PNR. For new bookings though, as @Papa.Lima.Echo says, do not log into your Aer Lingus account or you cannot select BAEC, it will only use your EI number. I presume you may be able to add the booking with BAEC number to your EI account after it is booked, but cannot prove that at the moment. May be able to test it later in the year when I expect another similar US trip to ORD.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You can change the number of the programme you wish to credit to by simply speaking to a check-in agent at the airport.
tmac100 and allycat53 like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club; Eurobonus
I've also just booked a P class fare. Did anyone find out if it actually earns or will I have to have some long conversations with BA customer services?
Old May 1, 2024, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Amex UK Plat
Originally Posted by Muzer
I've also just booked a P class fare. Did anyone find out if it actually earns or will I have to have some long conversations with BA customer services?
I am just about to board my I class flight to DUB with the return in P on Tuesday. I will advise what posts as soon as I can. I am wholly expecting the P class to get nothing as it's not on the earning table (despite in my case being the most flexible ticket available).
Old May 1, 2024, 2:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
CAVEAT EMPTOR

Those who are wanting to take advantage of the BA Holiday Double Tier Point promotion should note that the T&Cs have not yet changed and means double TPs may not be awarded for Aer Lingus flights, in fact the BAH T&Cs state that no TPs are awarded for EI flights:

“ c) The booking must contain British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. Flights not meeting these criteria within the booking won’t be awarded Tier Points. Flights offered as part of a British Airways Holidays package that are provided by other airline partners that do not have a BA flight number will not be eligible. Please note: Flights marketed by British Airways with or without a BA flight number that are operated by Aer Lingus, China Southern or LATAM are not eligible for Tier Points.”
The T&Cs for the UK edition of the British Airways Holidays Double Tier Point promotion were updated a few days ago (26 April 2024). The good news is that Aer Lingus flights marketed by British Airways with a BA flight number are again included in the Double Tier Point Promotion.

More information here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36202194-post1108.html
Old May 10, 2024, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
Getting up to speed with the Aer Lingus TPs. Am I right in saying this list (flight is MAN-DUB), only the AERSPACE option would attract 40TPs?

Old May 10, 2024, 4:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northernvilla
Getting up to speed with the Aer Lingus TPs. Am I right in saying this list (flight is MAN-DUB), only the AERSPACE option would attract 40TPs?
Correct.
Old May 10, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Correct.
thank you, not worth it then.
Old May 10, 2024, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Amex UK Plat
Just as an update. I travelled BHX-DUB on 1st May on an 'I' class Aerspace ticket. Nothing has posted to my BAEC account yet.
When looking at claiming missing Avios (/TPs) on the BA website, Aer Lingus doesn't appear in the standard flight claim airline list and requires you to complete a separate table which you can't submit until 30 days after the flight.
Old May 13, 2024, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I'm going to be road-testing this next week with an Aer Lingus flight in I class. Changed the frequent flyer number during OLCI as it was originally crediting to AerClub.
Earthman likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Papa.Lima.Echo
Just as an update. I travelled BHX-DUB on 1st May on an 'I' class Aerspace ticket. Nothing has posted to my BAEC account yet.
When looking at claiming missing Avios (/TPs) on the BA website, Aer Lingus doesn't appear in the standard flight claim airline list and requires you to complete a separate table which you can't submit until 30 days after the flight.
I will be interested to see how this pans out as I have an AerSpace jaunt to SNN and back later in May to help things for TP year end and try out the 321LR business seat. Added my BA Exec number at booking and checked with EI that's what they had against my frequent flyer number for the booking, so I would hope that all posts automatically without too much delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.