Tier Points now earned on Aer Lingus

Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:35 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
CAVEAT EMPTOR

Those who are wanting to take advantage of the BA Holiday Double Tier Point promotion should note that the T&Cs have not yet changed and means double TPs may not be awarded for Aer Lingus flights, in fact the BAH T&Cs state that no TPs are awarded for EI flights:

c) The booking must contain British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. Flights not meeting these criteria within the booking wont be awarded Tier Points. Flights offered as part of a British Airways Holidays package that are provided by other airline partners that do not have a BA flight number will not be eligible. Please note: Flights marketed by British Airways with or without a BA flight number that are operated by Aer Lingus, China Southern or LATAM are not eligible for Tier Points.
Originally Posted by Finland Station
Hmm. But as a statement of the historic position of BA codeshares on EI that is incorrect. I can't say that I have ever been a regular on EI, but when I have, and been booked under a BA code, I have been awarded TPs. I can understand EI flights (with BA code) would be ineligible for the double TPs game.
This comment in the T&C is not referring to base TPs but to the additional double TPs.
DaveMFF likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Blue
I'm very excited for this, particularly for the Emerald Air Exeter flights which I can sometimes swing with work when visiting Dublin
Now I just selfishly need a TP-earning flight between Exeter and London and I'm set
LSunbury likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
A welcome development
Dont EI business class fares also now use AA flagship lounges where available
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:07 am

Programs: BA silver
This means that one can fly MAN JFK direct and get TPs.

Leisure travellers may be tempted to have a night or two in a Dublin and skip both the immigration queue at JFK and APD before returning to MAN
Earthman and Finland Station like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Earthman
Dont EI business class fares also now use AA flagship lounges where available
In ORD, yes. But I'm not sure about anywhere else.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Leisure travellers may be tempted to have a night or two in a Dublin and skip both the immigration queue at JFK and APD before returning to MAN
The price of Dublin hotels right now might mean you'd be better off just paying the UK APD!!!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
In ORD, yes. But I'm not sure about anywhere else.
aerlingus site says all flagship lounges and admirals clubs
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:15 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
LBA-BHD-LHR now becomes a possibility as well.
If they open up that to BA holidays I can see some value in that rather than commuting to NCL or MAN.
I wonder who could be interested in that? ...
tigertanaka likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Earthman
aerlingus site says all flagship lounges and admirals clubs
Yes indeed, but your earlier post only mentioned Flagship Lounges, of which there are only 4, and of which I only know for certain that ORD is actually accessible for EI pax (since 24 January last, after EI moved to ORD T3).
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:28 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The price of Dublin hotels right now might mean you'd be better off just paying the UK APD!!!
I think Dick Turpin is running the airport hotels. I was quoted over 300 for one night at both the Hilton and Maldron a couple of months ago. Absolutely shocking prices 🤬. A B2B now looks like the best way to avoiding this.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
I think Dick Turpin is running the airport hotels. I was quoted over 300 for one night at both the Hilton and Maldron a couple of months ago. Absolutely shocking prices 🤬. A B2B now looks like the best way to avoiding this.
ive never paid more than 170 at the maldron in the 6 or 7 times Ive stayed there since january
Try revolut stays and get the cashback
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by salut0
Fantastic! What are the sweet spots for EI TP runs?
US immigration and custom clearance in Dublin?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
US immigration and custom clearance in Dublin?
Im actually talking about which routes would have the lowest cost per tier point
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by salut0
Im actually talking about which routes would have the lowest cost per tier point
Until I class shows up as crediting it'll be a short list:
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:08 am

I fly fairly regularly BHX-DUB with Aer Lingus - does this mean i can request tier points from those flights which are eligible are credited to my BAEC account from now on or have i misread it ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.