Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by brp
On the topic of BA destination cities:

We are looking at a trip late this year to Strasbourg, FR. BA do not fly there anymore (I think they used to). we can fly to Stuttgart and take the train. We could plan to book a package with a hotel in Stuttgart and stay the first night. Then take the train to Strasbourg and stay there, while maintaining our room in Stuttgart, even if not using it. Then we would go back to Stuttgart for a night before departing.

According to the terms, this should be legal. Any risks?

Cheers.
The other thing to check is whether BA holidays sells rooms in Strasbourg. If you do the trip as a multi city booking you can have hotels in different locations.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Netherlands mission impossible?

Unbelievable what a great offer. I thought this was my chance to go from Bronze to Gold with a nice journey to the USA and five days sun in Miami.
Absolutely disappointed that we can't join as mainland Europeans for this nice offer. Of couse I can try to book but they will probably see BA number is Dutch or even creditcard payment.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:29 pm
hmv

With regards to the UK resident requirement....
If I visit Holidays 2024 | Book with British Airways Holidays all the way to the bottom, there is the Double Tier Points on Holidays - Terms & Conditions...

The information, which is correct as of the 24th of November 2023, THERE IS NO MORE UK RESIDENT REQUIREMENT!
britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/modalContent/beach-holidays-tcs.html
Tobias-UK and DaveMFF like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by 2358
…..and now an extra £300 pound off a BA Holiday (until 9th Jan)
Up to £300 off, which requires minimum £10K flight and hotel booking with a list of hotels excluded from thee offer.
An extra £300 off when you spend £10,000+ on flight + hotel
An extra £200 off when you spend £5,000+ on flight + hotel
An extra £100 off when you spend £2,500+ on flight + hotel or flight + car
An extra £50 off when you spend £1,250+ on flight + hotel or flight + car
An extra £25 off when you spend £625+ on flight + car
2358 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:40 pm

I'm new to this. Is the "best value" TP run for BAH still to OTP in CE? I see prices circa £600 for round trip flights + 5 nights hotel for 1 pax (traveling alone, unfortunately). Is this considered good value under the current sale and "up to £300 off" promo - what's the cheapest price normally?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by hmv
With regards to the UK resident requirement....
If I visit Holidays 2024 | Book with British Airways Holidays all the way to the bottom, there is the Double Tier Points on Holidays - Terms & Conditions...

The information, which is correct as of the 24th of November 2023, THERE IS NO MORE UK RESIDENT REQUIREMENT!
britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/modalContent/beach-holidays-tcs.html

Many thanks for find this and drawing it to our attention. There is a conflict on ba.com, with both sets of T&Cs linked. I will dig around and update the OP to highlight the differences and conflict.
orbitmic and DaveMFF like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by GordonMacPherson
Is it just me or it's not possible to book a shorter car rental than the full trip if ex UK? ot I can use the custom trip function to make it a BAH booking?

Thanks
Yes. Use custom trip. I usually book car from morning after arrival. You need to edit the pickup time otherwise changing the date just adds 24hrs to whatever it would do left to own devices. I often return the car the evening before departure as well (depending on where staying). I find the custom trip thing slightly temperamental but after shouting at the screen a few times it usually works.
GordonMacPherson likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by flyslow
Up to £300 off, which requires minimum £10K flight and hotel booking with a list of hotels excluded from thee offer.
An extra £300 off when you spend £10,000+ on flight + hotel
An extra £200 off when you spend £5,000+ on flight + hotel
An extra £100 off when you spend £2,500+ on flight + hotel or flight + car
An extra £50 off when you spend £1,250+ on flight + hotel or flight + car
An extra £25 off when you spend £625+ on flight + car
oh what have I missed?? Did a booking this evening and didn’t show the extra money off!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Many thanks for find this and drawing it to our attention. There is a conflict on ba.com, with both sets of T&Cs linked. I will dig around and update the OP to highlight the differences and conflict.
please!!!
DaveMFF likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

IMPORTANT NOTE:

As hmv noted above, there are currently two different and conflicting editions of the Terms and Conditions posted on ba.com in respect to the UK version of this promotion. The most prominently featured version is the 27 September 2023 (Second Edition), I suspect this will be the edition BA will try to bind you to. There is a less restrictive version of the T&Cs dated 24 November 2023 found by scrolling to the very bottom of this page: Holidays 2024 | Book with British Airways Holidays

The 24 November 2023 edition is significantly different to that of 27 September 2023 in that the UK residency requirement does not exit; the stipulation that travel must originate and end in the UK does also not exist. There is also no mention of BA codeshare Aer Lingus, China Southern or LATAM flights being excluded from the promotion. Please proceed with caution and verify with British Airways Holidays if the conflicting editions of the T&Cs are likely to impact your trip qualifying for the Double Tier Point Promotion.

I have updated both the OP and post 3 with details of the variations.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:12 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Cw novice
The other thing to check is whether BA holidays sells rooms in Strasbourg. If you do the trip as a multi city booking you can have hotels in different locations.
Strasbourg is recognized for hotel booking, but nothing seems to exist for our date range. So it would still be a case of booking the room by the airport in Stuttgart and using it for the first and last night and then taking a train to Strasbourg for the intervening nights.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Is there an official answer from BA Holidays about these terms? I dont wanne risk booking a trip and not getting the double Tier Points.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Is there an official answer from BA Holidays about these terms? I dont wanne risk booking a trip and not getting the double Tier Points.
No, I suspect the 24 November T&Cs are the error ones, I believe even the 27 September 2023 (Second Edition) has the wrong date in them too. I suspect the Second Edition T&Cs were introduced in November and those of the 24 November have not been removed. I think the intern must have been working in legal

If in doubt, phone BAH and see if your proposed booking qualifies.
PETER01 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:21 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
This is a difficult issue. If two sets of T&Cs are displayed you have an argument to apply the one with the later date as long as you get evidence that this was the case at the time of booking. But there is also precedence for companies claiming that a fare or set of conditions was clearly an error and should not have been relied on.
You may well win a claim in court even if the terms were an error, but not everyone has the will to go through that pain.
The Nov conditions do look exactly like what the conditions were before the various changes and it seems unlikely that such a reversion would have taken place, so I would unfortunately take this with a pinch of salt.
DaveMFF likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I booked a very last minute BA flight+hotel last night to Istanbul. Is it normal that I haven’t received any email confirmation of the hotel booking? I’m already at the airport and these things worry me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.