Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by drpabs
About 25 grand including hotels and flights for 2 pax. Very nice but extremely expensive.
You do realise you could have received way more TPs for that sort of money by multiple B2Bs to SOF?
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by alex67500
It's the number of nights, your trip is currently only 4. You'll need to leave on Wednesday or fly back on Tuesday.
Thanks - very helpful for planning!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Whilst discussing other matters today with both an agent on the Gold line and later, a BA Holidays sales assistant, it was confirmed to me by both that the de facto number of working days to allow for double tier points to credit in a BA holidays booking is currently 28, rather than the official 14.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Whilst discussing other matters today with both an agent on the Gold line and later, a BA Holidays sales assistant, it was confirmed to me by both that the de facto number of working days to allow for double tier points to credit in a BA holidays booking is currently 28, rather than the official 14.
de facto?

Yet THEIR T&C state 14 working days. Not 28 days. Not 28 working days.

Are these individuals aware that they're effectively saying BA are happily breaching their own T&C?
BA or bust likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sayling
de facto?

Are these individuals aware that they're effectively saying BA are happily breaching their own T&C?
This is likely unrelated to the details of this promotion. My experience with BA support folks is that “28 days” is their standard interval for everything. Regardless of T&Cs.

Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC
de facto?

I appreciate that they are but realistically there is no recourse. It is annoying to have to wait for bonus TPs but in all cases they seem to be arriving within 14-28 working days with or without chasing.
Tobias-UK and sayling like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:24 am

Programs: BA
de facto?

Never argue with people whose lawyers can afford bigger yachts than your lawyers can.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
So 28 working days, or effectively 6 weeks.

Are they using some kind of quantum computer to run the algorithm? Perhaps it is being put through on punch cards on a Babbage machine? I can understand a problem that needs fixed or a delay or some specific issue but to just have a standard 6 week lead time seems insane? I can only imagine that we have returned to the days of a completely manual process.
Arctic Troll and flarmip like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
So 28 working days, or effectively 6 weeks.

Are they using some kind of quantum computer to run the algorithm? Perhaps it is being put through on punch cards on a Babbage machine? I can understand a problem that needs fixed or a delay or some specific issue but to just have a standard 6 week lead time seems insane? I can only imagine that we have returned to the days of a completely manual process.
Just dropped in to say how much I appreciate the reference to Babbage & analytical engine. Throwing shade at BA’s IT systems with panache
crazy8534, TabTraveller and AJA_ like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:26 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by DocS
Just dropped in to say how much I appreciate the reference to Babbage & analytical engine. Throwing shade at BA’s IT systems with panache
BA's intern would like to know what a Babbage machine is please. They think it might help them resolve a few minor issues in the IT dept.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
About 25 grand including hotels and flights for 2 pax. Very nice but extremely expensive.
Originally Posted by BA or bust
BA's intern would like to know what a Babbage machine is please. They think it might help them resolve a few minor issues in the IT dept.
Gòogle is your friend.

That machine was obsolete by the time the Wright brothers left their bicycle shop to pursue other more lofty ventures 😉
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
is annoying to have to wait for bonus TPs but in all cases they seem to be arriving within 14-28 working days with or without chasing.
This ^^
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I realise I’m cutting it fine to book in the sale which finishes tonight, but I’m looking at NCL-LHR - MIA- GCM return, including 5 days car hire and the website isn’t showing me I will get double tier points. I’ve just spent 30 mins on the phone with an agent who said the itinerary wasn’t showing double tier points for him either.
Has anyone got the double tier points even when their booking hasn’t confirmed they will?
I’ve not tried looking at a NCL-LHR-GCM routing to see if that makes a difference but I need to go via MIA at least on the outbound.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I don't think my bookings have ever shown the double tier points.
tmac100 and redsailor like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Yes, the "double tier points" message doesn't always show and it doesn't matter proivded the itinerary qualifies.
redsailor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.