Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 First Wing Security 11 week closure [now reopened]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 First Wing Security 11 week closure [now reopened]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I went through a couple of days ago, very early morning. It seems to work well.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:59 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Some reports are suggesting it will open late April/early May. Maybe I should move my holiday back to after summer as you know there's always delays with the things?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Some reports are suggesting it will open late April/early May. Maybe I should move my holiday back to after summer as you know there's always delays with the things?
I really wouldn't be moving travel just because TFW security is closed. As you will note from the reports in this thread, generally the temporary arrangement is fine.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The currently scheduled return to service date for The First Wing security is 19 March 2024.
YacozA, Smid, crazy8534 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
This is radical. The majority of passengers on your flight will not have access to the First Wing or Fast Track security. This will not prevent them flying or having a great break.
ademanuele, HFHFFlyer and DXB2745 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The currently scheduled return to service date for The First Wing security is 19 March 2024.
Outbound on the 19th but coming from EDI anyway so won't need to use it (hopefully) and not planning to go landside to try and be the first review of TNFWS (the new first wing security!).
Glad to hear they are making progress, though.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
This is radical. The majority of passengers on your flight will not have access to the First Wing or Fast Track security. This will not prevent them flying or having a great break.
This is a special flight as it's my Mum's first time in F, so she would be impressed by the First Wing.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is a special flight as it's my Mum's first time in F, so she would be impressed by the First Wing.
I certainly wouldn't base the dates of a trip purely on the basis of the opening, or not, of the FW.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
it may well be, and I dont doubt your sincerity at ensuring she has the best trip possible. But I think going thro security will probably be bottom of the list of things she will remember from the special day. And as noted, the temporary arrangement is fine tbh, and provides a quicker route to the ccr.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Its actually a shorter walk from the temporary TFW security to the Concorde Room.

And arguably using the million pound door to access the CCR is more impressive than traipsing through the Flounge to get there.

Seriously, this is not a big deal.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC
If using a dedicated security lane is that important to you, absolutely move your holiday. Most people wouldnt view the 10 minutes - at most - that security takes to be of any real consequence but if this is your thing then only you will know that. Appreciate its your mums first time in F - arrive early, use the secret door and enjoy the CCR. Shell be impressed Im sure. I recall taking my mother for her first F on BA long before the FW existed and she certainly thought it was all impressive.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Having travelled recently on non-OW airlines with whom I have no status or fast-track privileges, I have realised that having to go through normal security like 98% of people do is actually quite bearable, so the temporary loss of the First Wing does not worry me at all.

I have even survived my time in several airports without lounge access.
BA or bust and DXB2745 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:31 am

I received an email from BA at 1.03pm today "Temporary closure of The First Wing security at T5" explaining the closure and temporary route through security ☺️
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Having travelled recently on non-OW airlines with whom I have no status or fast-track privileges, I have realised that having to go through normal security like 98% of people do is actually quite bearable, so the temporary loss of the First Wing does not worry me at all.

I have even survived my time in several airports without lounge access.
God help us if someone from British Airways reads this, First Wing will never reopen 😂
Old Jan 15, 2024, 7:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I received an email from BA at 1.03pm today "Temporary closure of The First Wing security at T5" explaining the closure and temporary route through security ☺️
You will get one of those for every flight you take departing LHR.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.