Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premier Inn T4 vs Hilton Garden Inn T4 vs Thistle vs Sofitel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier Inn T4 vs Hilton Garden Inn T4 vs Thistle vs Sofitel?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jones
You don't have to be staying at the Thistle to use the pods.
If you are going to T5 go into the hotel reception and buy a pod ticket from the reception desk. Its officially £6 per person one way if you buy from reception but just buy one ticket even if there is a few of you.
You then follow the signs on the floor to the gate and key in the number to access the pods .
If you are coming back from T5 push the intercom button at the gate and tell the reception staff you need to enter the hotel and they let you in.
I often wait on the main road by the Thistle when my Wife flies into Heathrow and she gets the pod over to the Thistle as its easier and much less hassle.
Thank you
Old Aug 13, 2023, 12:07 pm

We’ve used the PI T4 for early morning flights from T5, we caught the bus from the T4 bus station and worked well but this was a few years ago.
salut0 and ttama like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 3:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ipswich1984
We’ve used the PI T4 for early morning flights from T5, we caught the bus from the T4 bus station and worked well but this was a few years ago.
Yes it works. Just to add there is no need to go to T4 and go down to the bus stands on the ground floor. There is a bus stop right outside the PI T4, Sheffield Way. Basically go down to the basement car park level, turn left on to the road, turn right and it is about 50m along. Saves you the long walk to T4.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes it works. Just to add there is no need to go to T4 and go down to the bus stands on the ground floor. There is a bus stop right outside the PI T4, Sheffield Way. Basically go down to the basement car park level, turn left on to the road, turn right and it is about 50m along. Saves you the long walk to T4.
Roughly the same distance as Hilton T4 to T4? Not too bad and at least I don't have to wait for the bus. No brainer if there's no luggage.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
An alternative off site idea - Egham / Windsor

Another theme is to Etsy at the Runnymede Hotel in Egham, and drive to Park & Stay T5 or the Pods.

Good food and nice River Thames view especially in the restaurant bar area.

Similarly another alternative theme might be Windsor, we don't stay there but we often stop with Brother/sister in Law place and have a great meal out entertaining them in recompense in Windsor Town before driving across to park in morning at T5/4/3 etc

Don't necessarily be Heathrow centric especially if you are driving your own vehicle to airport.....

Cheers
Old Aug 14, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Too late for the OP, but I often stay overnight in the Moxy on Bath Road. Last night I paid £75, there's a bus stop literally outside the hotel and it's a short (10-15 min to T3, 20 min to T5) direct bus ride. Tesco local next door, and a Dominos and a decent kebab shop (Heathrow Kebab Centre - cash only) within 50m walk.

Others I've stayed at include:
  • The Thistle - extremely dated and the pods are a rip-off at £8!
  • Ibis Styles - clean, modern, no frills hotel, closer to T5. Would stay there again
  • Renaissance - OK, but another depressing sprawling mess of a hotel that whenever I've stayed there seems to be filled with angry people who've been put there by airlines
  • Premier Inn T4 / Hilton T4 / Holiday Inn Express T4 - all good at their respsective price points, all connected to T4 by a covered walkway
  • Aerotel T3 - extremely overpriced for what it provides, however, it is literally inside the terminal (entrance in arrivals) so it has that going for it
  • Hilton Garden Inn T3 - OK but often almost in the same price bracket as the Sofitel
  • Hilton Garden Inn Hatton Cross - great location, great hotel, as long as you can get it at a reasonable price.
  • Sofittel - the perfect T5 hotel, but comes at a price!
salut0 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Too late for the OP, but I often stay overnight in the Moxy on Bath Road. Last night I paid £75, there's a bus stop literally outside the hotel and it's a short (10-15 min to T3, 20 min to T5) direct bus ride. Tesco local next door, and a Dominos and a decent kebab shop (Heathrow Kebab Centre - cash only) within 50m walk.

Others I've stayed at include:
  • The Thistle - extremely dated and the pods are a rip-off at £8!
  • Ibis Styles - clean, modern, no frills hotel, closer to T5. Would stay there again
  • Renaissance - OK, but another depressing sprawling mess of a hotel that whenever I've stayed there seems to be filled with angry people who've been put there by airlines
  • Premier Inn T4 / Hilton T4 / Holiday Inn Express T4 - all good at their respsective price points, all connected to T4 by a covered walkway
  • Aerotel T3 - extremely overpriced for what it provides, however, it is literally inside the terminal (entrance in arrivals) so it has that going for it
  • Hilton Garden Inn T3 - OK but often almost in the same price bracket as the Sofitel
  • Hilton Garden Inn Hatton Cross - great location, great hotel, as long as you can get it at a reasonable price.
  • Sofittel - the perfect T5 hotel, but comes at a price!
Totally with you on the Renaissance about the anger issue. I almost decided against using the Bonvoy Elite queue as people were complaining about people pushing in and how they'd had a cancellation etc. Rooms are ok and comfy
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Naughty Boy. You’re a man after my own heart!
I'm after more than that PUCCI GALORE
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Was it my imagination when I thought read a long time ago (perhaps ten years) that the Hilton T4 used to have a free shuttle bus to T5?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 7:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Smid
Was it my imagination when I thought read a long time ago (perhaps ten years) that the Hilton T4 used to have a free shuttle bus to T5?
That stopped about 8 years ago, details in the Hilton forum. They used to send a double-decker bus around for about 3 people.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That stopped about 8 years ago, details in the Hilton forum. They used to send a double-decker bus around for about 3 people.
Sure that could be improved (do a mini bus like say Dublin Hilton airport, or hilariously SFO hilton bayside (which was a drama and a half around a 9pm the other weeks)), but overall, wasn't it that LHR or at least T5 didn't want hotel shuttle buses?
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:23 pm

There is a bus stop right outside the PI T4, Sheffield Way. Basically go down to the basement car park level, turn left on to the road, turn right and it is about 50m along. Saves you the long walk to T4.
I’m at the PI T4 this evening and that bus stop has a closed sign and is coned off. However, there is a small temporary bus stop at the point the cones start, which suggest the bus will stop in the road. But if I was going to use it in the early morning, which I’m not , I’d seek confirmation!

The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle
I’m at the PI T4 this evening and that bus stop has a closed sign and is coned off. However, there is a small temporary bus stop at the point the cones start, which suggest the bus will stop in the road. But if I was going to use it in the early morning, which I’m not , I’d seek confirmation!
yes I can give said confirmation

the buses stop at the temporary sign just before the normal stop.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 1:03 pm

yes I can give said confirmation

the buses stop at the temporary sign just before the normal stop.
Grand. I only mentioned it because it’s obvious the stop is closed from just outside the hotel, but harder to see the temporary stop. (I walked up to see if there was anything about how long it’s closed).

Wouldn’t want folk to give up and use the H*p*a or something 😀
KARFA and ttama like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 3:11 am

I’ve been booked into the Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre at Heathrow. I believe they have a shuttle to T5? Any ideas on time to T5 from there? I have an early flight the next morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.