Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis President Club for BA Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Avis President Club for BA Gold

Looks like good news!

I have just received this message:

"If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view. British Airways logo. Prefer even more? Ladies at Avis preferred desk. As an Executive Club member, we wanted to let you know about your exclusive complimentary upgrade of your Avis Preferred membership level thanks to our partnership with Avis. You’ll be upgraded straight to President’s Club level and the best news is that we have already upgraded your Avis Preferred profile, so you can enjoy the benefits straight away**. Just log on to your Avis Preferred account to discover more. "
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I got a similar email although no indication of already being upgraded. It tells me to login and use a certain password but the PW doesn't work. When I get to my Avis account there is no status upgrade
ttama, RockyRobin and DXB2745 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Great..... NOT. (sorry to be a grump) It has been harder to get good upgrades as a earnt presidents club member of late. Pretty much impossible in AMS. This will only get harder as more people have it,.
Swanhunter likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Interestingly the T&Cs on the email suggests it's only for a year - not a persistent benefit. Rather limits the usefulness unless you were already booking enough with Avis to obtain it in the first place!

"*** Upgrade to President's Club will last for one year from date of joining. In order to maintain this level minimum spend and rentals apply."
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK
Great..... NOT. (sorry to be a grump) It has been harder to get good upgrades as a earnt presidents club member of late. Pretty much impossible in AMS. This will only get harder as more people have it,.
And twice recently I've landed to be told by Avis my car is ready in bay X to get to the bay and find....no car.

This happened in AUS in March and IBZ in May. In AUS, allocated an SUV, walked to the bay, no car. Avis rep rudely said "sir, you'll need to join the back of the queue like everyone else". 1.5 hours later (after I should have left the garage) I finally have a car. So much for any kind of 'President's Club' privilege. When it goes wrong, you're no different from any other Avis customer and have to join the back of a long queue.

I also didn't realise that even if you're allocated a car in a bay, as they leave the keys on the dash, there's no stopping someone deciding they prefer your car in your bay instead....and driving off with it instead of their allocated car. Mad setup.

In IBZ, I was allocated a car and bay. Went to the hire car garage across the road, to be told that you're supposed to get the keys from the airport counter, so had to go all the way back to pick them up, to then find it's a different car in a much lower group and the rep telling me 'it's the only automatic we have and you chose an automatic'. Utterly perplexing. Why allocate a car in a bay only to get there and find you had to go to the counter anyhow....like everyone else.

All in all, don't get too excited being in the Avis "Presidents Club"!
RJD1983 and Krisz like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by TTmex
When I get to my Avis account there is no status upgrade
Same.

I have previously been President's Club through earning and, as others have noted, it made little difference to the overall experience.
RJD1983 and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by TTmex
I got a similar email although no indication of already being upgraded. It tells me to login and use a certain password but the PW doesn't work. When I get to my Avis account there is no status upgrade
I've just received an email from BA, as a lowly Silver, about Avis Preferred. But I have no idea what to do with it. I've logged into my Avis account and seen nothing; I don't know where to look but nothing's obvious.
squawk likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by ttama
I've just received an email from BA, as a lowly Silver, about Avis Preferred. But I have no idea what to do with it. I've logged into my Avis account and seen nothing; I don't know where to look but nothing's obvious.
Anyone can sign up for Preferred: Avis Preferred Sign Up
ttama likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:29 am

I’m Silver and got emailed I was upgraded to Avis Preferred Plus - but my Avis account is still only showing Avis Preferred
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
It's especially galling since Avis's membership schemes and sign-in options have a weird geographic restriction: my US-based employer has a corporate rate code which we can use for personal car hire, but it only works with the US site which I can't maintain a sign-in for...
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC
I got an email saying I’d instantly hit the dizzy heights if the Presidents Club upon joining Avis Preferred. Only thing is, I’m already signed up to Avis Preferred.

As an aside, using my Avis Preferred number on BA car bookings never seems to transfer through. And i invariably have to go to the counter anyway.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by jamestg
I’m Silver and got emailed I was upgraded to Avis Preferred Plus - but my Avis account is still only showing Avis Preferred
Sad face .... maybe I'll get that one soon ...
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
I tried to sign up, but continually get a, 'ES500 - Sorry we're experiencing a systems error...' on saving the final CC data section. Tried several devices etc..

A
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
I’m currently Silver and got the same email earlier today. If I go into the Avis app, tap “More” on the bottom right hand corner, then tap “Avis Preferred”, the next screen confirms my status as Avis Preferred Plus. Before today I was just bog standard Avis Preferred. There’s sometimes a delay of a few seconds before the status is displayed.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm not getting excited, particularly after last two hires with Avis (a Greek island hire - got a 35k km vehicle - the island is only 7x10km!, US hire - playing 'find the car' only to be stopped at the exit to find that it had been double booked...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.