Avis President Club for BA Gold

Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BAECAddict
I got a same working day response by emailing [email protected] (explaining I was already a Preferred member). They confirmed I had been upgraded but this hasn’t shown on the app or website yet. That was only yesterday though so give it time I guess.
Emailed this address over a week ago and forgot all about it.

Received a reply today from the other email mentioned above stating that I had been upgraded.

Checked my Avis app and it is showing I am now a President. I'm off to buy some fake tan, and then fall over a lot.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I just queried with Avis the duration of the status upgrade. It says in the email,
Upgrade to Avis President’s Club will last for one year from date of joining. In order to maintain this level, minimum spend and rentals apply.
Avis told me it's valid through to your next following personal Avis President's Club anniversary (21 October 2023 in my case). Just in case there is any uncertainty on the interpretation. People may wish to consider when they ask for an existing account to be status upgraded.

Last edited by rjn21; Jun 19, 2023 at 3:09 pm
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
I just queried with Avis the duration of the status upgrade. It says in the email,

Avis told me it's valid through to your next following personal Avis President's Club anniversary (21 October 2023 in my case). Just in case there is any uncertainty on the interpretation. People may wish to consider when they ask for an existing account to be status upgraded.
well that makes mine September so absolutely no chance of that working for me. I have presidents with hertz and already booked!!
Old Jul 19, 2023, 7:04 am

Thanks, all, for your help with this. I emailed all of the addresses in this thread and got some joy from [email protected], who emailed me back after about three days. I've been upgraded to Presidents Club (the webform for me didn't work as it wouldn't let me input my country, so couldn't get any further).

They had to upgrade my account or something, and I had to reset my password, but it seems to work. Technology doesn't seem to be Avis's strong point but at least the help in this thread made it happen.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 7:07 am

Duplicate post - please delete (can't see how to, sorry!)

Last edited by londonstuff; Jul 19, 2023 at 8:32 am
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Ambassador
I got the email, but never did anything with it.
Now that I am getting around to signing up with Avis, I have progressed from BA Silver to Gold.
I did not receive any new email from BA when I upgraded though, should I reach out to them and ask for a new email?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Think I used a web form to contact, as the sign up flow wouldn’t work for me either. Emailed back by the database address above and now upgraded, though seemingly only until January. Not clear what happens then, as the app shows zero for “to next tier”. Never likely to retain it anyway, so not much fussed.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Was promoted to Avis President for a short time after BA's announcement, but now just Avis Preferred Plus...

Those that do a lot of business with Avis already know that their IT systems are even worse than BA's...but the difference in benefits is marginal, so I can't be bothered to get it set right

Chris
Old Jul 29, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
In the US, Avis is usually really good for one-way rentals. I've always had good service with them but usually get a car with a very high number of miles. Not worth the hassle of trying to sign up for President's Club. For speed and choice, nothing beats National's Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle. Skip the counter and choose any car you want in that section (keys are in the car) and there's never an upsell at the exit, just a quick presentation of your credit card and driver's license and away you go. And for nicer/newer cars, Sixt is probably the best, especially when they're running a sale. Got a BMW 5 series with 800 miles (so brand new) for $50 a day in Orlando last month. I know BA has a partnership with Avis but there are better rental car companies around, especially if you travel to the US.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Ambassador
I appreciate that there might be better rental companies out there, but as BA partner with them, I am stuck if I want to get the BA Holidays Double Points and don't need accommodation.
If anyone still has the email and can send me the BA Gold password, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise it is a phone call with BA in the morning.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
In the US, Avis is usually really good for one-way rentals. I've always had good service with them but usually get a car with a very high number of miles. Not worth the hassle of trying to sign up for President's Club. For speed and choice, nothing beats National's Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle. Skip the counter and choose any car you want in that section (keys are in the car) and there's never an upsell at the exit, just a quick presentation of your credit card and driver's license and away you go. And for nicer/newer cars, Sixt is probably the best, especially when they're running a sale. Got a BMW 5 series with 800 miles (so brand new) for $50 a day in Orlando last month. I know BA has a partnership with Avis but there are better rental car companies around, especially if you travel to the US.
I like National a lot, have had good experiences with them and agree the aisle is a nice system. But sometimes you have to check yourself, a car is just a tin box to get from A to B, and I admit I lose sight of that at times. I don’t think I’ve had bad cars from Avis at anytime, some ugly things, a Flex?, and that could have been Hertz. Def agree on Avis and one ways, I want a car at LAX next year, dropping off in PHX, and was surprised to see a one-way fee on the quote from National, always thought, CA, NV and AZ were a collect and drop off anywhere for fee zone with the large rental companies. My experience is you can’t generalise about the US and a particular company as the variation by location is huge, and a decent experience in one place does not equate to a better company everywhere, or make it likely you’ll have a decent experience at the same company/location next time.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Wasn't sure quite where to post this and rather than create another thread I thought I would add this here. I got a quote for a SUV for 2 weeks in Florida for May next year via the joint BA and Avis site and separately through BA itself. The BA site was Ł75 cheaper (about 10%) so if booking worth checking both. I should add that I checked Avis own site and that was significantly more expensive. The moral I guess is shop around with Avis and elsewhere. Personally I have been impressed the few occasions I use Avis in US.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
I'd recommend using Autoslash, at least to get an idea of prices. I can usually go lower by using a company code, but surprisingly enough doing that can sometimes double the rate.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I regularly travel to a busy Med airport and since an u/g to Pres Club a year ago, I have had fantastic service on all my visits. Always a minimum 2 group u/g and although I always book a Group A, they are very accommodating in offering pretty much any other vehicle I prefer (automatic, hybrid etc). They have pretty much said that if they have it and I want it, it's mine. Luck of the draw I guess.!
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Seems this has now expired if you did not have an Avis preferred account before 1st Sept 2023. Should still work if you created an account with Avis before that date. Had the following from [email protected]:

Thank you for contacting Avis Budget Group.

The British Airways offer for upgrade was a periodical promotion between 1st of June 2023 and 1st of September 2023. The offer for British Airways Gold members was for an upgrade if the customer already had an Avis profile or enrolment with Avis President’s Club status if the customer registered for Avis preferred during this period.

As the promotion is ended currently we only can apply it to a profile retroactively if the customer registered to Avis preferred program before 1st of September. According to our system you registered after this, therefore however we can add your British Airways membership to your profile, we are not able to upgrade it to Avis President's Club.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Kind Regards,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.