Avis President Club for BA Gold

Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by surryson
Does it actually say anywhere that existing accounts will be upgraded or are eligible to be upgraded?
My email from BA specifically said that my existing Avis Preferred account would be upgraded:

You’ll be upgraded straight to President’s Club level and the best news is that we have already upgraded your Avis Preferred profile, ...
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
My wife and son both got the email (both Blue BAEC members and NOT Avis Preferred members), but I didn't get the email. I am a Gold BAEC member and already a President's Club member (through requesting it from Avis because I have a Mastercard World Elite Barclaycard).

So either someone in BA or Avis did do some basic filtering / joining of membership details and levels alignments to do the mail merge, or ... its just the usual poor BA IT that I didn't get the email, even though I don't need it.

If the filtering / joining of membership details between the two programmes was done, does that break GDPR ... ?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Like many above, already Preferred ... and no progress on achieving this purported upgrade to PC. Am I bovvered? Look at my face!
RJD1983 and Thomathy like this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by T8191
Like many above, already Preferred ... and no progress on achieving this purported upgrade to PC. Am I bovvered? Look at my face!
I can't see that beautiful bothered face, to see if it's actually bothered! 😉😂
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
is there a way to link your Avis Account to BA - I have had the message to but wondering how they talk to each other
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Booking on BA you can input your Avis account number - those bookings appear on Avis, e.g. in the phone app, but you can't change them there (you need to do that through BA).

Booking on Avis, you can use the BA AWD codes I think - never tried that!
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
As a President Club member (thanks to Barclays Mastercard), I have had four Avis bookings in the last few months. With three it had no impact whatsover (all out of city centre operating locations) and one ... the dream (at an airport; and on this occasion booked via BA holidays, but it was all in the Avis app).

Totally separate office, well signposted from the arrivals, agent was waiting with they keys and paper work (did have to handover the credit card for a confirmatory deposit swipe). Walked 20m to a virtually brand new car Kia 5 that was most certainly an upgrade from the booked VW golf.

And there in lies the problem - the inconsistency. I don't think I would bother with the effort you might have to go through reading this thread. YMMV of course
Old Jun 8, 2023, 3:16 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by allycat53
already a President's Club member (through requesting it from Avis because I have a Mastercard World Elite Barclaycard).
Didn't know about this. Just requested upgrade which is better than the plus membership being offered by BA, thanks
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Is it a coincidence that AS (Alaska) also offered the same to 75K/100K (OWE) members very recently? I.e. is this a OW-wide benefit?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I have been advised that the email to have your account upgraded to President is

[email protected]

That said, while the US office replied in less than 24 hours its been almost a week and I have had no response for the uk address; beyond an automated reply saying it was sent to the "service excellence team. A contradiction in terms I fear!
ajamieson likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
I got a same working day response by emailing [email protected] (explaining I was already a Preferred member). They confirmed I had been upgraded but this hasnt shown on the app or website yet. That was only yesterday though so give it time I guess.
binman likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As I have always booked the vehicle category I want/need, I’m not sure what benefit I would accrue from this process. However, I’ll give it another try in an idle moment. Not many requirements for Avis rentals in the near future, though.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Received a very welcome double upgrade today thanks to the Gold -> PC uplift. This was at Linate so even though it is a small operation they have more availability than a city centre location.

Probably the main factor is that it is a mid-week in June rather than a weekend in August.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC
I want to book a car using Avios points.

Via emailing this email address: [email protected] I have now had a response to say my account will be changed to president level in the next 2-3 days.

Does anyone know whether I can book before my president status comes through and still get the benefits of president status? or is it for bookings made after the status change?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
I want to book a car using Avios points.

Via emailing this email address: [email protected] I have now had a response to say my account will be changed to president level in the next 2-3 days.

Does anyone know whether I can book before my president status comes through and still get the benefits of president status? or is it for bookings made after the status change?
thanks for this but to date no one at any of the email addresses has replied to me. I am presidents circle with hertz so not moving to Avis till this is fixed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.