Avis President Club for BA Gold

Old Jun 6, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold and IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
I’m currently Silver and got the same email earlier today. If I go into the Avis app, tap “More” on the bottom right hand corner, then tap “Avis Preferred”, the next screen confirms my status as Avis Preferred Plus. Before today I was just bog standard Avis Preferred. There’s sometimes a delay of a few seconds before the status is displayed.
I'm silver too - got the same invite, clicked the link, completed the details, but Avis / app is still showing as Avis Preferred. Anyone else got it to work?
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC

I got this email from BA today but it says if I sign up I get the Preferred benefits and an Avios bonus for booking. I‘m already an Avis member, a Plus member infact. A bit confused
ttama likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Amusingly GGL line knew nothing about this...
RJD1983, T8191, ttama and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I got the same error, assume its not just BA with awful IT systems
bafan and ttama like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I got this email from BA today but it says if I sign up I get the Preferred benefits and an Avios bonus for booking. I‘m already an Avis member, a Plus member infact. A bit confused
My mother, to whom I gifted a Gold Card last year, got the email. Of course, living in continental Europe, there is no mention of how many avios/money spent one gets.
My husband didn't get anything so far, but I wonder how could it work for people already enrolled in the Avis program.
ttama likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I got the same email but can’t work out how to upgrade my account
ttama likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Same e-mail for me and I have been Presidents Club for the last 6 years. Don't get too excited btw about PC status: today I am in a 68,000km Fiat 500X which proudly wears an Italian plate and has seen plenty of combat. A 2 class upgrade from the VW Polo I booked for pickup at CDG this morning.
mec72, ttama and Hotcat1970 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
For posterity, and were they ever to be needed in the future, the terms and conditions as at 06 June 2023 are:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Your upgrade to President’s Club will last for one year from date of joining. In order to maintain this level, minimum spend and rentals apply.
Avis Preferred members must make their reservation at least four hours in advance. Please ensure that your Avis Preferred profile is up to date (including an email address).
Free weekend rentals are valid in the countries specified on your e-voucher for a three-day rental for a small to mid-size car. This includes fees, mandatory cover and taxes. Fuel, extra services, one-way rental charges and airport surcharges are not included.
Free weekend rentals must be booked via the link given on the voucher.
Double upgrades for Avis President's Club members are subject to availability.
Avis President's Club members' single upgrades are guaranteed at airport and railway stations in all countries where the Avis Preferred loyalty programme runs, and at city-centre locations upon availability.
Upgrades are not eligible for Vans, Avis Select Series vehicles, Luxury or Prestige cars, chauffeur-driven services, Safari rental or rentals of over 14 days in duration.
Avis President’s Club members can bank on getting guaranteed cars on demand with bookings made at least 48 hours in advance.
Standard Avis terms and conditions apply.
Should you experience any issues with Avis Preferred account upgrade to President’s Club, please contact us on [email protected].
simonsmith and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Got the email , clicked through, got my usual Avis Preferred screen. No status change. Glad to see it’s not just me 😊
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Originally Posted by Robespierre
Same e-mail for me and I have been Presidents Club for the last 6 years. Don't get too excited btw about PC status: today I am in a 68,000km Fiat 500X which proudly wears an Italian plate and has seen plenty of combat. A 2 class upgrade from the VW Polo I booked for pickup at CDG this morning.
Indeed. Have been Avis PC for a number of years and only seen occasional benefits. Currently driving a gruesome car picked up in BHD which has seen plenty (plenty) of combat and has some 45,000 miles on the clock. Can’t wait to hand it in.

OTOH has a lovely upgrade at LBA in January and the agent seemed thrilled to meet a PC member :-)

YMMV
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CT-UK
Great..... NOT. (sorry to be a grump) It has been harder to get good upgrades as a earnt presidents club member of late. Pretty much impossible in AMS. This will only get harder as more people have it,.
agreed. Very disappointing

Broadly I get very well looked after by Avis. The shonky experiences are normally with franchisees…
Fritz likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Two companies with some of the worst customer facing websites in existence. I'm not even going to bother clicking on the link as I know I'll be pulling my hair out for days trying to get it to do what it's supposed to.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:28 pm

In the past when they've had sign up deals like this you've always had to open a new account (can't apply to existing). Also, it seems to be someone manually applying the upgrade to the account also, so maybe just allow some time for that.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Just did a quick check on my Avis account. If I use the app it shows me as "President's Club" but on the web site I am still just "Avis Preferred".
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Does it actually say anywhere that existing accounts will be upgraded or are eligible to be upgraded?
RJD1983 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.