Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA charges to pre-assign World Traveller Plus seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA charges to pre-assign World Traveller Plus seats?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2023, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sounds like it! Glad you stuck to the plan and got a decent assignment in the end. Your experience merely epitomises the consistent advice on this forum: if you have specific preferences (e.g. as you said, the window-aisle pair which is of course what most people want and which goes first), then the only safe choice is to pay, but if you don't care too much where you sit, you are usually fine waiting till OLCI since most people won't have paid for sitting anyway, and then the system usually sits people together whenever possible (ie in >90% cases) with sometimes a few options to move into (as you did). This was almost a perfect example.
I had checked for seats earlier in the week and none were showing available, so I have no idea how things work. And I just went back to the website to see if anything else opened up, but apparently once you check in, it doesn't let you change. Will check at the airport and see if anything better opens up.

While I obviously have preferred seating, the cheap side of me prevents me from paying for it.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MisterBill
And I just went back to the website to see if anything else opened up, but apparently once you check in, it doesn't let you change.
That’s incorrect, you can check in then change seats but what you cannot do is change seat after you issue your BP. Lots of threads about this in this forum.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Aug 20, 2023 at 11:13 am
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
That’s incorrect, you can check in then change seats but what you cannot do is change seat after you edit your BP. Lots of threads about this in this forum.
Did you mean issue your BP? Because I did get them and when I go back in it only shows me options of how to send the BP.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Do not print or save your boarding card, when you do this you are locked into that seat, you can just choice and close the page, your seat number will be saved and it allows you to go back in and change your seat.
orbitmic and BlueThroughCrimp like this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Do not print or save your boarding card, when you do this you are locked into that seat, you can just choice and close the page, your seat number will be saved and it allows you to go back in and change your seat.
Thanks. Too late now for me. At least I have acceptable seats. Can always ask at the airport. Rookie mistake, i guess.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Did you mean issue your BP?
Yes sorry, duly corrected.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Too late now for me. At least I have acceptable seats. Can always ask at the airport. Rookie mistake, i guess.
Been there, done that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.