Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some other musings about the music over the years:
Boarding Music?
Removal of Boarding Music
Boarding Music - time for an update?
OT: Radio 3 Record Review - Dvorak Serenade (boarding music)
Do BA Still Play Boarding Music?
Boarding music
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
A bit OT, but couldn't help myself!
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:11 pm

Many years ago I was flying Finnair regularly. The boarding music was an orchestral version of "Send in the Clowns."

(off-topic, but had to share)
BA or bust and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:13 pm

This was my all time favourite BA boarding music

Many years ago I also recall this piece of boarding music on a BCAL DC10 out of London Gatwick prior to a transatlantic flight

And this one on Air Berlin bound for Abu Dhabi after an overnight delay at TXL with what are in hindsight surprisingly ironic lyrics.

gliderpilot likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
This was my all time favourite BA boarding music

https://youtu.be/xlZadIuidqI
Many years ago I also recall this piece of boarding music on a BCAL DC10 out of London Gatwick prior to a transatlantic flight

https://youtu.be/D_2akepe6ZQ

And this one on Air Berlin bound for Abu Dhabi after an overnight delay at TXL with what are in hindsight surprisingly ironic lyrics.

https://youtu.be/PozM4bs-g7s

The first one is still my favourite too - something completely different .
I still like the Flower Girl themetoo though
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
For some reason, I've only just got the replies to all these today and so had to go through them...

Its strange that nobody knows a piece thats played that has a flute solo - I noticed it mainly because it was so different to what I normally hear on boarding... Unless, of course, one of the chaps at the pointy end plugged their ipod in
Old Jan 17, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
The piece from 20 years ago is brilliant. Start a campaign to bring it back
gw76 and bwaflyer like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:25 pm

again OT, but remember the discussions about the music on this BA advert
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aoyamaguy
Clearly the Flower Duet is part of BA’s DNA so it makes sense to play it on boarding, but it’s such a shame that something British can’t be found instead of the Dvorak. Some nice Elgar, Parry or RVW…or even, in this, his quatercentenary year, William Byrd…
perhaps you want the dambusters March on certain routes. 😜
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton HONORS Silver
BA 1445 from EDI on Sunday the boarding music was on when we boarded (obvs....) then throughout our stay at "a quiet part of the airfield (FO) - (delayed due to fog at LHR)" and until the IFL realised when he got to me at row 4 during service that it was still playing.

Not complaining - found it very relaxing!

(Sadly?) I have to admit that Flower Duet is where I go to in my head when colleagues at work really, really, REALLY annoy me! Is that a bad thing?

Den
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:21 am

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/66...RAKl6iDRmVnr-w
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Bluekjp
​​​​​​
They always start off with the 2nd movement, and usually run into the 3rd if time permits.
On my last roughly 20 sectors the music has only been played once which, surprisingly, was this Tuesday from LCY to EDI at the peak time of 08.50 but which only 16 passengers enjoyed such was the light loading.
Mid 2022 the music was played on a LHR NCL flight. I complimented/thanked the IFL. Upon asking her why it's 'never' played on boarding these days she expressed surprise saying that she believed it was a compulsory requisite to play it on all boardings. It would be interesting to know what any cabin crew reading this would like to comment.

Not sure about SH. It used to be via a dedicated player on a previous type. On LH types it forms part of the IFE 'flight script'. The IFM enters all the flight details into the relevant prompts and when there is no more 'next' option to press the flight script starts and the boarding music begins. It can of course be muted etc.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Sigwx
Not sure about SH. It used to be via a dedicated player on a previous type. On LH types it forms part of the IFE 'flight script'. The IFM enters all the flight details into the relevant prompts and when there is no more 'next' option to press the flight script starts and the boarding music begins. It can of course be muted etc.
on short haul, it's just a button on the control panel/screen above the front jumpseats. I'm not sure I ever heard any Purser or CSD switch it on on Eurofleet. Hearing it 4 times a day would be enough to send anyone doolally (is that how it's spelled? 😂&#128514.
Can't for the life of me remember how it worked on the 767, but it would probably set the call bells and reading lights off randomly. Just breathing the wrong way would make that happen! 😂😂
Sigwx likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
on short haul, it's just a button on the control panel/screen above the front jumpseats. I'm not sure I ever heard any Purser or CSD switch it on on Eurofleet. Hearing it 4 times a day would be enough to send anyone doolally (is that how it's spelled? 😂&#128514.
Can't for the life of me remember how it worked on the 767, but it would probably set the call bells and reading lights off randomly. Just breathing the wrong way would make that happen! 😂😂
On the 767 if any occupant of 2 ABC pressed their personal light switch, the rear right toilet would self eject it's contents and the bread warmer in the fwd galley would self ignite. And that was on a good day!

AVIACOM that was the unit iirc? Like you say, hardly played oh SH and sometimes muted on LH.
Prospero, bwaflyer, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Sigwx
On the 767 if any occupant of 2 ABC pressed their personal light switch, the rear right toilet would self eject it's contents and the bread warmer in the fwd galley would self ignite. And that was on a good day!

AVIACOM that was the unit iirc? Like you say, hardly played oh SH and sometimes muted on LH.
Ah, the glamour jet. Trailing smoke and aircraft parts as it took off, and landed like the flight crew shut their eyes at 100 feet. Fancy putting the landing gear on the wrong way round 😂😂
Flythe96flag and Sigwx like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.