Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Music - time for an update?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Boarding Music - time for an update?

Just sat at BLR heading home and either it’s the fact the volume is set to 11 on the A350 but the boarding music is anything but relaxing - high tempo with the strings belting out.

I wonder if anyone looks at this - surely something a little more contemporary would be more appropriate and advice to the crew to watch the volume.

Meanwhile it is still going - please make it stop!!
Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
BA should do as certain other airlines do: play a selection of local artists. It’s been a few years, but Air Dolomiti would play a nice mix of Italian pop. Not sure if they still do. The home of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Oasis, Adele...
Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I must be alone in quite liking Dvořák's Serenade For Strings, I find it quite relaxing, but I've noticed on a lot of flights the crew don't play it.
SK, TRISTAR1979, alex67500 and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by our_kid
Just sat at BLR heading home and either it’s the fact the volume is set to 11 on the A350 but the boarding music is anything but relaxing - high tempo with the strings belting out.

I wonder if anyone looks at this - surely something a little more contemporary would be more appropriate and advice to the crew to watch the volume.

AGREE!!! I can’t stand it. I’d prefer a very chilled ambience when it comes to
boarding music. The current music seems very old fashioned.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
How about this?

Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Smile

You could make it stop by flying VS instead of BA

(Not that I'm saying it would be an improvement. I think the VS playlist changes regularly but to me it's always painfully upbeat and too loud. The musak on BA doesn't bother me usually but that's possibly because the volume is tolerable. All musak is nasty when it's too loud to ignore).
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
At least it's not like Jet2 where they play the music throughout the whole flight.
TRISTAR1979 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Mordac
At least it's not like Jet2 where they play the music throughout the whole flight.
Not on the flights i've just taken. Mind you, it was half-term and the kids, including / especially my own were making such a noise, that the cheesy pre-recorded announcements were barely audible! I (just about) heard their "signature" ad music when leaving the plane.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Not on the flights i've just taken.
Same here...
mikem004 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
I flew on LS to ACE last year and the music was awful. That ghastly song played over and over again. They were otherwise quite good but that music played so often just left a negative view in my mind.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Lynyrd
I flew on LS to ACE last year and the music was awful. That ghastly song played over and over again. They were otherwise quite good but that music played so often just left a negative view in my mind.
Looks like they listened to some feedback then and enhanced it!

I think the chosen boarding music (if played) says a lot about the personality of an airline though. If BA are still trying to convey a premium image, I can't think of anything other than classical to do that job. Doesn't mean it can't be swapped out and refreshed from time to time though.
Lynyrd likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Are they playing the re-imagined composition based on the Flower Duet from Delibes' opera Lakme ? If so I rather like it but I agree that it is a bit strident in places.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HowMayIHelp
AGREE!!! I can’t stand it. I’d prefer a very chilled ambience when it comes to
boarding music. The current music seems very old fashioned.
How about this?

Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
I don't mind the music but it would be really nice if they got rid of the extremely annoying safety video. It's ok 1 or 2 times but after a few views it becomes very tedious with poor jokes and particularly the David Walliams shouting piece. For anyone not from the UK, it must be a highly confusing video especially for Americans.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
How about this?
Maybe Yakety Sax might be more appropriate?
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.