Wiki Posts
Search

BA Boarding Music

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
BA Boarding Music

Does anybody have a list of music that is played when boarding a BA flight?

I did ask the airline but they don't give it out for some reason, so I'm fairly sure that somebody here must know because I'd love to build it up for my spotify list because I simply have to have one according to friends. Is it only british pieces or from around the world?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze

I did ask the airline but they don't give it out for some reason, so I'm fairly sure that somebody here must know because I'd love to build it up for my spotify list because I simply have to have one according to friends. Is it only british pieces or from around the world?

Flower Duet ?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Do you mean this one?: Antonín Dvořák's Serenade for Strings in E major, Op. 22

GLA, gustavmahler, JTXC and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes... however, also heard one on a LGW-MLA flight that had a magnificent flute solo which I'd not hard before

Still, thanks for that tune as it'll kill some time on an upcoming sea voyage
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Yes... however, also heard one on a LGW-MLA flight that had a magnificent flute solo which I'd not hard before

Still, thanks for that tune as it'll kill some time on an upcoming sea voyage
You know, you’ve got me there. I can’t recall hearing any recent BA boarding music where the flute was a prominent feature?

Whilst you’re here looking for something to appreciate, here’s a lovely rendition of Delibes: Lakmé - Duo des fleurs (Flower Duet) referenced earlier by E14 26C :

Scots_Al and S_W_S like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I much preferred Ariana Grande on my last EK flight compared to the usual BA dudulidu
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I memorised the BA Gold Line telephone holding music over the summer.

I quite like the BA boarding music, but I reckon they should have a few alternatives, and rotate them- maybe leave it to the discretion of the CSM to choose from a list of, say, 10 pieces. That would spice things up a bit.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:44 am

I can't think of the last time I have ever heard boarding music on a BA flight in recent years. Either it has been on too low or simply off.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Ah I thought I recognised this, QR used to use this as their boarding music when I first flew with them back in 2018, I think they changed to one produced in house soon after? I wonder if its use has something to do with QR's investment in IAG or maybe because it's royalty-free/not copyrighted and thus cheaper to use?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
They could have played most of Wagner’s Ring the time it took to board a 320N on my last flight to Manchester.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
I do like the Flower Duet, however I now find myself thinking of Hugh Dennis's version of the first four notes whenever I hear it.

"We've lost your bags..."
ajamieson and S_W_S like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by richiejv
I do like the Flower Duet, however I now find myself thinking of Hugh Dennis's version of the first four notes whenever I hear it.

"We've lost your bags..."
Or this one
Buster, BA or bust, T8191 and 6 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Clearly the Flower Duet is part of BA’s DNA so it makes sense to play it on boarding, but it’s such a shame that something British can’t be found instead of the Dvorak. Some nice Elgar, Parry or RVW…or even, in this, his quatercentenary year, William Byrd…
BA or bust and SxMan like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
​​​​​​
They always start off with the 2nd movement, and usually run into the 3rd if time permits.
On my last roughly 20 sectors the music has only been played once which, surprisingly, was this Tuesday from LCY to EDI at the peak time of 08.50 but which only 16 passengers enjoyed such was the light loading.
Mid 2022 the music was played on a LHR NCL flight. I complimented/thanked the IFL. Upon asking her why it's 'never' played on boarding these days she expressed surprise saying that she believed it was a compulsory requisite to play it on all boardings. It would be interesting to know what any cabin crew reading this would like to comment.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LJEDI
Ah I thought I recognised this, QR used to use this as their boarding music when I first flew with them back in 2018, I think they changed to one produced in house soon after? I wonder if its use has something to do with QR's investment in IAG or maybe because it's royalty-free/not copyrighted and thus cheaper to use?

QR has not used that music. They've been using this for the last few years:

Previously this too, which also appears in the above medly:

And my past favourite:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.