Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
So. Some reassuring news hot off the press today that will be pleasant to hear for the BA flyers here.

Dear JJLDNY,

That is correct, as long as you're travelling on a BA or AA flight either domestic or international you will be able to use the lounge.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.”

Now, this does conflict with info which people have seemed to have received in the last few weeks. So I’d suggest you all send an email out now confirming domestics so we can get multiple copies of this approval ahead of our storming of BA HQ.

​​​​​​​as a GGL on a transcontinental ticket I got declined entry to Chelsea. I complained to priority mail. this is the answer:

I am sorry you were denied entry into this lounge. Unfortunately you need to be travelling on either a British Airways or American Airlines international flight to be eligible. I will send this through as feedback to update the website but I am sorry for the disappointment.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by Nephoi; Dec 27, 2022 at 11:56 am
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Just weird that BA can't get such a simple thing fixed, one way or the other.

I had prority email reply to me couple weeks back saying the opposite, just as jjLDNY.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It's bad enough that the two companies can't get their messages/rules straight but to have BA give different answers is really poor.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Nephoi
​​​​​​​as a GGL on a transcontinental ticket I got declined entry to Chelsea. I complained to priority mail. this is the answer:

I am sorry you were denied entry into this lounge. Unfortunately you need to be travelling on either a British Airways or American Airlines international flight to be eligible. I will send this through as feedback to update the website but I am sorry for the disappointment.
Well,
@Nephoi and I may or may not talk, and after further inspection it was the same GGL agent on priority@ that shared both emails.

I have followed up
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:07 pm

Well,
@Nephoi and I may or may not talk, and after further inspection it was the same GGL agent on priority@ that shared both emails.

I have followed up
I asked to double check because there are other informations out there and I got this answer:

Thank you for your response. I am sorry for the contradicting information. We have since had clarity on this and it is just passengers travelling on international flights who will be allowed entry.

i replied once more and asked why they made the lounge situation worse for their GGLs
Football Fan, VSLover and jjLDNY like this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
I asked to double check because there are other informations out there and I got this answer:

Thank you for your response. I am sorry for the contradicting information. We have since had clarity on this and it is just passengers travelling on international flights who will be allowed entry.

i replied once more and asked why they made the lounge situation worse for their GGLs
Same response, and same follow-up.

So to confirm, as of right now it is international only for GGLs. The 'third person' may reappear now!
Komodromou likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:52 pm

Same response, and same follow-up.

So to confirm, as of right now it is international only for GGLs. The 'third person' may reappear now!
so a y ticket to Toronto gives you chelsea. But a J ticket to LAX doesn’t.

i don’t see any logic behind that
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

That was the same issue United Polaris Lounge faced when it first opened - no access for transcon flights, but ORD-YYZ in business would give one access.

This was corrected shortly thereafter to only transoceanic flights, with specific continents listed to exclude North and Central America and the Caribbean.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Genius1
Ah, the famous all American cumberland sausage.
No doubt the Cumberland Farms variety
Old Dec 28, 2022, 1:33 am

Even more so as a CK wouldn't get access flying to Toronto (Y or J)

The only logical thing - is that it's easier for more casual UK based GGL visitors to the USA to understand it. If it's a international flight, we're in, otherwise, Soho. Easier than trying to work out if it's a Flagship route or not, something an AA CK would better grasp.

But until the website gets updated....
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by zen100
But until the website gets updated....
The website text can be updated within hours of a request being made...

Yet it hasn't changed...
Old Dec 28, 2022, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by JFX1764
The website text can be updated within hours of a request being made...

Yet it hasn't changed...
Exactly, so are they still arguing debating with AA behind the scenes.

Although I do wonder if it really can be updated in a few hours - at least the BA website. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a review process that took weeks to complete, plus a Christmas "change freeze" in place due to having reduced staff etc.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:17 am

another agent replied this:

Thank you for coming back to us and I'm very sorry that you were not granted lounge access and for the plans you had made accordingly, it must of been very frustrating and disappointing.

We have had a number of Gold Guest List members who have also emailed us for some clarification on this somewhat very confusing access. I have sent all the emails to one of our managers to look into it for you and as soon as we get some answers, we will let you know.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
So after smiling quite a few times over the past week or so,at all these conflicting access issues on this thread, I contacted ggl again for clarity.

What I've been told. today,. is that quite a few GGLs have been asking aswell and they (UK based GGL team) are seeking clarification themselves.

I would suggest that the scenario of a GGL on a purely domestic itinerary was never considered , when they (AA BA) discussed and agreed access requirements, before the lounge opened.

Let alone the transcons issue and connecting intl tickets.

The suspense of it all.........

Edit to add
Just seen Nephoi had same sort of response too.
EuropeanPete and LCSinTexas like this.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Dec 28, 2022 at 7:43 am
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
... I contacted ggl again for clarity.
You people have too much time on your hands
(I'm just jealous really).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.