Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Click here to jump to the December menu. This may take a few seconds to refresh.
28 October / November menu is post 1.
Print Wikipost

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
Or fly an airline that provides options for pre-arrival service to cater to both indulgent and passably lighter/healthier in exchange for 6,000 to 11,000 round trip to New York? The idea that someone like me with no dietary restrictions, no food dislikes, and just some general preferences regarding what I want to eat should have to cater a business class flight is laughable.
Oh totally. As you noted, AA actually does this well. And no reason BA couldn't do so as well. My only point was that I personally find bringing onboard something to eat later in the flight that you know you'll like is a good insurance policy.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Afternoon tea is quintessentially British, I doubt BA would continue serving it if it wasn't popular with customers.

Didn't there used to be a salad option as well? Or was that just on BA1?
Yes but how many Brits have afternoon tea in a given week? Or month? Or even year? It is a super cheap meal for them to provide and they can put lots of typical BA branding around it - British and yearning for yesteryear. I’m not sure if they actually have a clue what their passengers want.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Looks much nicer on paper, though sandwich or sandwich for afternoon tea is really a shame and I'd much rather they returned to the salad or tapas plate option as used to be the case.

PS: what's with all the "roast"? (3 out of 4 starter + a main) Did they just buy a new oven or something?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
My initial reaction from the starters selection is that they may be economising a bit. Looking back at my old photos from 2019ish there seems to be more stuff like salmon and what you'd describe as slightly more premium foodstuffs.

The mains and desserts look good though - you can never go wrong with crumble.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
The puddings are screaming out for some cream
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:50 pm

For some reason, a few months ago, the powers that be decided to change the pre arrival meal into SIN on the BA15 from breakfast to dinner and it’s not changing on this cycle by the looks of it despite numerous reports from crew (Cottage Pie after a nights sleep anyone?).
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes but how many Brits have afternoon tea in a given week? Or month? Or even year? It is a super cheap meal for them to provide and they can put lots of typical BA branding around it - British and yearning for yesteryear. I’m not sure if they actually have a clue what their passengers want.
This. Afternoon tea is for tourists and visitors to National Trust properties or ‘posh’ hotels. But most normal Brits hardly ever have afternoon tea.

I loved the tapas plate alternative, so hope they bring that back before my next CW flight.

But, otherwise, the new menu is a welcome return…!
endoman and orbitmic like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bafan
This. Afternoon tea is for tourists and visitors to National Trust properties or ‘posh’ hotels. But most normal Brits hardly ever have afternoon tea.!
True so maybe that's why BA serve it? I'd have it every day if it was made and served to me by my missus....fat chance of that happening though.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Genius1
The range of options is the same as pre-COVID. The proof will be in the size of the portions and quality.
Not questioning the number of options, improvement here is to be welcomed. However I do question the nature of the options themselves, doesn’t read as very premium at all.

For comparison, here’s a pre-Covid meal:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31901932-post1.html

This does not seem a return to pre-Covid catering at all. Inherent ‘cheapness’ in the options available remains.

ps: did no one proof read and spot the hideous repetition of roast and variations in the starters!
pps: starters are “salad or soup?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited by krispy84; Oct 26, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Afternoon tea is quintessentially British, I doubt BA would continue serving it if it wasn't very inexpensive
FTFY
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
For some reason, a few months ago, the powers that be decided to change the pre arrival meal into SIN on the BA15 from breakfast to dinner and it’s not changing on this cycle by the looks of it despite numerous reports from crew (Cottage Pie after a nights sleep anyone?).
yup. Just flown to Sydney.

dinner then light dinner. Next flight dinner and then a strange turkey scrambled egg on arrival at Sydney.

i appreciate they are following time zones but 3 dinners in a row is a bit odd
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board

a lot of people were actually complaining about the second meal breakfast given the arrival time. Much prefer the dinner myself so I must say that for me at least that’s been a very positive change.
angeloedades likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:52 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Actually I think that the majority of British people really like tons of sugar and carbohydrates. You may not, but that does not dictate the tastes of the many. You could make the same argument about breakfast - how many people eat a cooked breakfast daily ? Yet when it’s on offer they can’t get enough. Try taking that off and see how far that gets you. They understand the British palate just fine. It doesn’t always suit me but as long as there is a return to a proper cheese service I’m fine. I like cheese followed by desert as I finish a meal on a sweet note. The British prefer it the other way around.

I am delighted that finally meals in CW are returning to normal. What I don’t understand is what took them so long. Thank you corporate-wage-slave for writing all that out.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bafan
This. Afternoon tea is for tourists and visitors to National Trust properties or ‘posh’ hotels. But most normal Brits hardly ever have afternoon tea.
Exactly. Which is precisely why people enjoy it. It’s different and a bit of a treat
I loved the tapas plate alternative, so hope they bring that back before my next CW !
That is as suitable aboard BA as Afternoon Tea over at Iberia. As with all things it’s a compromise. Personally I’d have a Quiche option as well but that’s my taste.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The new LHR outbound menu for longhaul flights from 28 October are emerging, and here is one to be getting on with, covering these routes to JFK, IAD, BOS, SEA, PHL and elsewhere in USA. Previously these menus lasted about a month before the main items would change over.

For reference the previous thread on this subject is here.
Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

The flights this menu applies to are

BA53, 67, 93, 173, 175, 185, 191, 193, 205, 207, 213, 217, 219, 223, 225, 253. 255, 295.

(return flights from the USA to LHR are catered by local companies so menus will vary).
You don't happen to have the menu for BA123 by any chance please corporate-wage-slave ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.