Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Click here to jump to the December menu. This may take a few seconds to refresh.
28 October / November menu is post 1.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

The new LHR outbound menu for longhaul flights from 28 October are emerging, and here is one to be getting on with, covering these routes to JFK, IAD, BOS, SEA, PHL and elsewhere in USA. Previously these menus lasted about a month before the main items would change over.

For reference the previous thread on this subject is here.
Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

The flights this menu applies to are

BA53, 67, 93, 173, 175, 185, 191, 193, 205, 207, 213, 217, 219, 223, 225, 253. 255, 295.

(return flights from the USA to LHR are catered by local companies so menus will vary).
====

Starters

Roast British Beef Salad
broccolini, baby corn, carrots, horseradish cream

Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
chimichurri, roast corn

Roasted cauliflower soup
garlic and herb croutons

Bulgar and carrot salad
lemon labneh

Main course

Slow roasted short rib of British beef
garden peas, carrots, parsley potatoes, beef gravy

Pan seared North Atlantic cod
carrots, courgettes, edamame, wasabi mousseline

Laksa noodles with tofu
broccolini, spring onions, edamame

Cheese and dessert

British apple crumble
apple compote

Fresh seasonal fruit

Chocolate pudding
chocolate sauce

Cheeseboard
Camembert, coastal Chedder, Shropshire Blue,
apricots, plum chutney

(to save the usual question: I suspect this will not be loaded so that everyone has both dessert and cheese, but often times you may be able to politiely request a dessert plus cheese).

=====

Afternoon tea - served 90 minutes or so before arrival

Sandwiches
Pastrami with mustard créme fraiche on malted bread, prawn Marie Rose on mini brioche, Emmental and Brie with walnuts on rye bread
or
Cheddar cheese with onion chutney on malted bread, deviled eggs on mini brioche, Emmental and Brie with walnuts on rye bread

Sweets
Victoria sponge cake

Plain and fruit scones
served warm, clotted cream, strawberry preserve
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: Executive Club
I do suspect it will take them quite a while to serve all of that one plate at a time. Pick your seat carefully depending on roughly what time you want your meal I guess is the answer.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Boy, you could really pack on the beef n cheese weight if you were in the wrong seat and got the leftovers. Doesn't look too bad, but devil is in the details, let's see how the amount/plating looks. I could see those sandwiches being super tiny - like hors d'oeuvres sized.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:14 pm

Oh yeah, I'm here for the Guardian Reading Tofu!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Glad to see an improvement in CW catering.

That initial menu still reads as a step down from pre-covid, the proof will be in the eating.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
(to save the usual question: I suspect this will not be loaded so that everyone has both dessert and cheese, but often times you may be able to politiely request a dessert plus cheese).
This would be a downgrade in terms of choice over the current dessert AND cheese service.

Originally Posted by JessicaB
I do suspect it will take them quite a while to serve all of that one plate at a time. Pick your seat carefully depending on roughly what time you want your meal I guess is the answer.
BA managed course by course service pre-COVID (as have most other major airlines for at least the last year of the pandemic if not more) so there's no reason to believe it would be different now.

Originally Posted by krispy84
That initial menu still reads as a step down from pre-covid, the proof will be in the eating.
The range of options is the same as pre-COVID. The proof will be in the size of the portions and quality.
HIDDY, bafan and crazy8534 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Thumbs down

While I know I shouldn’t have expected anything less on something billed as a return to pre-COVID, but thrilled to see BA is continuing with their dreadful pre-arrival service once again
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
While I know I shouldn’t have expected anything less on something billed as a return to pre-COVID, but thrilled to see BA is continuing with their dreadful pre-arrival service once again
The pre-arrival service differs depending on length of flight. For day flights to the US, the pre-pandemic afternoon tea was very pleasant.
SW7London and S_W_S like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Genius1
The pre-arrival service differs depending on length of flight. For day flights to the US, the pre-pandemic afternoon tea was very pleasant.
Umm, no. Simply, no. The idea of being served tons of bread, fat, and sugar with almost no actual nutritional value is not pleasant in the very least. I’ll take the United marinated veggie salad (that hasn’t changed in two years) with fruit (skip the weird muffin) or the rotating American salads any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Umm, no. Simply, no. The idea of being served tons of bread, fat, and sugar with almost no actual nutritional value is not pleasant in the very least. I’ll take the United marinated veggie salad (that hasn’t changed in two years) with fruit (skip the weird muffin) or the rotating American salads any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Plenty of places to get a salad to take with you ion the plane in T3 and T5 if the options aren't to your liking. I typically grab a ham and greve sandwich from Pret to have as a mid-flight snack.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I agree it would be nice to have a light alternative to afternoon tea… something less carby / sweet
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s cheese and dessert if desired.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
No mention of the flight we are flying on Friday. Hopefully more menus will appear soon...
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Plenty of places to get a salad to take with you ion the plane in T3 and T5 if the options aren't to your liking. I typically grab a ham and greve sandwich from Pret to have as a mid-flight snack.
Or fly an airline that provides options for pre-arrival service to cater to both indulgent and passably lighter/healthier in exchange for 6,000 to 11,000 round trip to New York? The idea that someone like me with no dietary restrictions, no food dislikes, and just some general preferences regarding what I want to eat should have to cater a business class flight is laughable.
bafan, Ells and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Or fly an airline that provides options for pre-arrival service to cater to both indulgent and passably lighter/healthier in exchange for 6,000 to 11,000 round trip to New York? The idea that someone like me with no dietary restrictions, no food dislikes, and just some general preferences regarding what I want to eat should have to cater a business class flight is laughable.
Afternoon tea is quintessentially British, I doubt BA would continue serving it if it wasn't popular with customers.

Didn't there used to be a salad option as well? Or was that just on BA1?
AirbusA350 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.