Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA move to Terminal 8 at JFK/ American abolishing international first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA move to Terminal 8 at JFK/ American abolishing international first class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by scillyisles
The CCR catering and waiting staff at JFK are all being let go - AA are running the new facility and their contract is with Sodexo
This is news to me too, as both the last two times I was through they told me they would be working the new lounge. Sad to hear.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I planning on using the CCR on the 14th Nov, so should just get in with any luck.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:44 am

FWIW, I'm led to believe the new AA/BA lounges will open on Dec 1 – which is rather surprising, as I would have expected a 'soft opening' at least a few days prior and then the big hullabaloo on Dec 1st.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by djsflynn
FWIW, I'm led to believe the new AA/BA lounges will open on Dec 1 – which is rather surprising, as I would have expected a 'soft opening' at least a few days prior and then the big hullabaloo on Dec 1st.
When other significant lounges opened, such as LGW South and EDI, there was indeed a soft launch stage beforehand, only for a few hours on the first day, half a day on the next day and so on. It really was luck of the draw if you made the available slot.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:06 pm

Indeed, a soft launch can make all the difference to getting practices up to snuff, identifying and ironing out small or unforeseen issues. There's a media preview a few days ahead of Dec 1, so maybe this could follow with a soft opening ahead of selected flights and only for passengers on those flights... we shall see!
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flying back from JFK on the 2 Dec as Gold, so excited to see what T8 has to offer!
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I was told at the AA flagship lounge entrance that the new lounges' opening is being moved up to November 17th. Maybe that's a soft opening date? The same person said he was surprised given the way things looked from the outside.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by acearchie
Flying back from JFK on the 2 Dec as Gold, so excited to see what T8 has to offer!
I’ll see you there….
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
TLFL reporting that the new lounges will be called Chelsea, Soho and Greenwich.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by chistery
TLFL reporting that the new lounges will be called Chelsea, Soho and Greenwich.
Thanks, really interesting.

They are reporting:

"So BA and AA have come up with names that work with either New York or London which is clever.
  • Chelsea - the top tier lounge, for first class (transcon and international) passengers, BA Premiers and AA Concierge Key
  • Soho - For oneworld Emerald/BA Gold
  • Greenwich - For business class/BA Silver/oneworld Sapphire
So far, there is some ambiguity as to whether existing BA Gold Guest List members will get access to the top-tier lounge as they do currently."

The Chelsea lounge at JFK T8

Another T8 lounge ?Soho

I assume there will be a pretty direct correlation with CCR=chelsea, GF=Soho and GC=Greenwich for entry requirements but I note TLFL have reported uncertainty about GGL access. Would be interesting to see some winding-back of CCR-level access for GGL given what has been said recently about the large increase in eligibility for CCR access at LHR by status (with GGL renewal at 3k TPs now allowing access). Although obviously that is balanced against far reduced numbers of F seats on BA. Interesting times...
klaus79856 and EDIwanderer like this.

Last edited by crazy8534; Oct 30, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I assume there will be a pretty direct correlation with CCR=chelsea, GF=Soho and GC=Greenwich for entry requirements but I note TLFL have reported uncertainty about GGL access. Would be interesting to see some winding-back of CCR-level access for GGL given what has been said recently about the large increase in eligibility for CCR access at LHR by status (with GGL renewal at 3k TPs now allowing access). Although obviously that is balanced against far reduced numbers of F seats on BA. Interesting times...
It would seem reasonable to treat CK and GGL the same. I still think it was a mistake dropping the CCR sub-level. That would have matched nicely with CK and access to the Chelsea although as an Arsenal fan this is going to grate for some time to come.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by golfmad
It would seem reasonable to treat CK and GGL the same. I still think it was a mistake dropping the CCR sub-level. That would have matched nicely with CK and access to the Chelsea although as an Arsenal fan this is going to grate for some time to come.
Just wait 'til they rename the GLA lounge Ibrox....
abraxias likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Just wait 'til they rename the GLA lounge Ibrox....
I suppose we could hardly expect BA to name one of them 'The Emirates'
VSLover, ExpatExp, Cymro and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Delighted to hear that one of the lounges has been named after my neighbourhood However, I am disappointed that it has lost the CCR name.

I guess means I'm going to be visiting Soho a lot more than usual…
Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Wasn’t Soho London’s red light district?
Jimmie76 and ExpatExp like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.