Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II : Disruption to BA operations on and around Mon 19 Sep

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: allturnleft
BA’s known cancelled flights on Monday Sept 19th are listed below.
Adding this to the Wiki will allow others to update and add Sunday 18th & Tuesday 20th cancellations.
Please note night stop flights at outstations on Sunday 18th and Monday 19th will be impacted resulting in cancellations on Sunday night, Monday morning and Tuesday morning.

Domestic
BA1314 LHR - ABZ
BA1458 LHR - EDI
BA1482 LHR - GLA

BA1315 ABZ - LHR
BA1465 EDI - LHR
BA1487 GLA - LHR

CTA:
BA832 LHR - DUB
BA824 LHR - DUB
BA2774 LHR - JER
BA2778 LHR - JER

BA833 DUB - LHR
BA823 DUB - LHR
BA2767 JER - LHR
BA2775 JER - LHR

Europe:
BA454 LHR - AGP
BA428 LHR - AMS
BA434 LHR - AMS
BA440 LHR - AMS
BA442 LHR - AMS
BA786 LHR - ARN
BA476 LHR - BCN
BA486 LHR - BCN
BA986 LHR - BER
BA754 LHR - BSL
BA322 LHR - CDG
BA838 LHR - CPH
BA552 LHR - FCO
BA554 LHR - FCO
BA914 LHR - FRA
BA734 LHR - GVA
BA736 LHR - GVA
BA738 LHR - GVA
BA2726 LHR - IBZ
BA362 LHR - LYS
BA460 LHR - MAD
BA464 LHR - MAD
BA584 LHR - MXP
BA568 LHR - MXP
BA582 LHR - MXP
BA2610 LHR - NAP
BA346 LHR - NCE
BA348 LHR - NCE
BA352 LHR - NCE
BA2782 LHR - OPO
BA496 LHR - PMI
BA450 LHR - PMI
BA376 LHR -TLS
BA524 LHR - VCE
BA596 LHR - VCE
BA878 LHR - WAW
BA714 LHR - ZRH

BA455 AGP - LHR
BA429 AMS - LHR
BA435 AMS - LHR
BA441 AMS - LHR
BA443 AMS - LHR
BA771 ARN - LHR
BA483 BCN - LHR
BA487 BCN - LHR
BA987 BER - LHR
BA755 BSL - LHR
BA327 CDG - LHR
BA839 CPH - LHR
BA553 FCO - LHR
BA555 FCO - LHR
BA915 FRA - LHR
BA723 GVA - LHR
BA735 GVA - LHR
BA737 GVA - LHR
BA2727 IBZ - LHR
BA363 LYS - LHR
BA461 MAD - LHR
BA465 MAD - LHR
BA583 MXP - LHR
BA585 MXP - LHR
BA569 MXP - LHR
BA2611 NAP - LHR
BA341 NCE - LHR
BA347 NCE - LHR
BA349 NCE - LHR
BA2783 OPO - LHR
BA497 PMI - LHR
BA451 PMI - LHR
BA377 TLS - LHR
BA525 VCE - LHR
BA597 VCE - LHR
BA879 WAW - LHR
BA715 ZRH - LHR

Please update as more information becomes known

Sun 18
BA8757 BHD-LCY
Print Wikipost

Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II : Disruption to BA operations on and around Mon 19 Sep

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to re-emphasise - there is absolutely no point contacting BA until cancellations come through and/or there is a flexibility policy released for Monday. Until such time any changes will be per fares rules and you are just wasting your time and the agents time.

Agents may well not be as aware of what the plan is for Monday as compared to FT’ers glued to a dedicated thread on FT about it.

Go and take a walk or do something relaxing in the meantime

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 15, 2022 at 8:09 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onaswan
Earlier post talks about a 2+ hour delay as the 'silence' means no aircraft movements - no T-Os, landings but above all, taxiing. Push-backs stop long before the 'silence' and all inbounds stop long enough in advance to get to gates before it begins, too.
there is no suggestion of a 2 hour ground stop - tbh if that was the plan there would be little need for the reductions noted above.

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 15, 2022 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
Originally Posted by wrp96
What impact, if any, will the 2 minutes of national silence at noon have?
My post #6 shows some experiences from Diana's funeral. Of course, may be different this time.
onaswan, wrp96 and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:33 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
My (pessimistic) prediction is there will be a wave of sickies thrown on Monday by airport workers, airline staff, train staff etc by those rostered to work. Rightly or wrongly, there seems to be a massive OTT outpouring of grief for the death and Monday's rosters will have been established weeks and weeks ago. So those that want to watch the funeral will have no choice but to throw a sickie........"I have just tested positive for Covid" would be so easy.
SxMan likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL

VS news.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:52 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by BOH
My (pessimistic) prediction is there will be a wave of sickies thrown on Monday by airport workers, airline staff, train staff etc by those rostered to work. Rightly or wrongly, there seems to be a massive OTT outpouring of grief for the death and Monday's rosters will have been established weeks and weeks ago. So those that want to watch the funeral will have no choice but to throw a sickie........"I have just tested positive for Covid" would be so easy.
I like how you've said "Rightly or Wrongly" and in the same sentence called the outpouring of grief "Over the top".
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: Silver,
Bingo!

When will BA wake up and start resolving the inevitable while there is still time to do so?

As a willing participant, I can make life easier rather than harder.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:56 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by onaswan
Bingo!

When will BA wake up and start resolving the inevitable while there is still time to do so?

As a willing participant, I can make life easier rather than harder.
same here! I’m very happy to move my flights earlier.
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Latest information, but the core message is "don't ring us, we'll ring you", sort-of.

Originally Posted by British Airways
On Monday 19 September, as the Royal Family holds Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s State Funeral, the skies around West London will be closed at certain moments of the day to reduce noise, as a mark of respect to Her Majesty. As a result, we have reduced our schedule and some flights will be re-timed to accommodate this.

Flights operating on 19 September 2022
If you are due to travel on a flight to or from a London airport on 19 September 2022, your travel plans might be affected.
If your flight is impacted, we will contact you via email to explain your options. Please wait to hear from us before getting in contact. You can continue to check for updates through Manage My Booking.

Travelling to or from London airports up to 20 September 2022
If you are travelling to airports by car or public transport, your journey may take slightly longer than usual.
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JD1905
I like how you've said "Rightly or Wrongly" and in the same sentence called the outpouring of grief "Over the top".
Thank you for the feedback, "rightly or wrongly" applied to the general population. "OTT" is my personal opinion. Glad to clarify for you
SxMan likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
[Just received this]

Dear Customer,

We’re writing to you as you are due to travel with us on 19 September 2022.

Please be aware that as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s State Funeral is being held on this day it is expected that there will be significant disruption to the transport network in London, so please allow additional time for your journey to or from Heathrow Airport. You can find more details here.

Heathrow Airport, NATS (Formerly National Air Traffic Services) and airlines are supporting the ceremonial aspects of Her Majesty’s State Funeral at Westminster Abbey and the Committal Service at Windsor Castle. As a mark of respect, operations to and from the airport will be subject to restrictions, to ensure skies remain quiet above certain locations at specific moments on Monday.

We are working closely with Heathrow Airport and NATS to minimise the impact of these restrictions on our customers. To observe these, we will need to adjust our schedules accordingly and this will mean a small number of flight cancellations and the re-timing of some of our operating services. It is likely that we will experience minor delays to some of our services.

If your flight is affected by these schedule changes, we will be in touch within the next few hours to inform you and to provide details about your options, including your consumer rights. There is no need to contact us unless you hear that we are making a change to your travel plans. This will allow us to help customers whose travel plans have been disrupted. If your flight is cancelled, you can request a refund or rebook to an alternative flight with us or another airline. You can check for updates through Manage My Booking.

If you have booked via a travel agent, please contact your agent directly to discuss your options.

Our thoughts are with the Royal Family at this very sad time, and we thank you for your understanding and patience.

British Airways

Last edited by golfmad; Sep 15, 2022 at 9:08 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Latest information, but the core message is "don't ring us, we'll ring you", sort-of.
received a similar though not exactly same one.

sadly, the one Ba flight I booked through an ota* so let’s hope Expedia behave if I’m affected.

*multiple attempts to do it through Ba but they kept saying they couldn’t book it despite the itinerary being available through every possible ota; sigh…
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
This mirrors what Sky News are reporting coming from Heathrow. Periods of no activity or delays with the various events and the later part of the afternoon seeing impact similar to moderate weather disruption.

Fingers crossed!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:45 am

I just my email from BA telling me they would email in the next few hours if changes affect me on Monday . I thought the email was with changes so relax !
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:04 am

Might want to remove your links to MMB in the post above

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.