Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II : Disruption to BA operations on and around Mon 19 Sep

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: allturnleft
BA’s known cancelled flights on Monday Sept 19th are listed below.
Adding this to the Wiki will allow others to update and add Sunday 18th & Tuesday 20th cancellations.
Please note night stop flights at outstations on Sunday 18th and Monday 19th will be impacted resulting in cancellations on Sunday night, Monday morning and Tuesday morning.

Domestic
BA1314 LHR - ABZ
BA1458 LHR - EDI
BA1482 LHR - GLA

BA1315 ABZ - LHR
BA1465 EDI - LHR
BA1487 GLA - LHR

CTA:
BA832 LHR - DUB
BA824 LHR - DUB
BA2774 LHR - JER
BA2778 LHR - JER

BA833 DUB - LHR
BA823 DUB - LHR
BA2767 JER - LHR
BA2775 JER - LHR

Europe:
BA454 LHR - AGP
BA428 LHR - AMS
BA434 LHR - AMS
BA440 LHR - AMS
BA442 LHR - AMS
BA786 LHR - ARN
BA476 LHR - BCN
BA486 LHR - BCN
BA986 LHR - BER
BA754 LHR - BSL
BA322 LHR - CDG
BA838 LHR - CPH
BA552 LHR - FCO
BA554 LHR - FCO
BA914 LHR - FRA
BA734 LHR - GVA
BA736 LHR - GVA
BA738 LHR - GVA
BA2726 LHR - IBZ
BA362 LHR - LYS
BA460 LHR - MAD
BA464 LHR - MAD
BA584 LHR - MXP
BA568 LHR - MXP
BA582 LHR - MXP
BA2610 LHR - NAP
BA346 LHR - NCE
BA348 LHR - NCE
BA352 LHR - NCE
BA2782 LHR - OPO
BA496 LHR - PMI
BA450 LHR - PMI
BA376 LHR -TLS
BA524 LHR - VCE
BA596 LHR - VCE
BA878 LHR - WAW
BA714 LHR - ZRH

BA455 AGP - LHR
BA429 AMS - LHR
BA435 AMS - LHR
BA441 AMS - LHR
BA443 AMS - LHR
BA771 ARN - LHR
BA483 BCN - LHR
BA487 BCN - LHR
BA987 BER - LHR
BA755 BSL - LHR
BA327 CDG - LHR
BA839 CPH - LHR
BA553 FCO - LHR
BA555 FCO - LHR
BA915 FRA - LHR
BA723 GVA - LHR
BA735 GVA - LHR
BA737 GVA - LHR
BA2727 IBZ - LHR
BA363 LYS - LHR
BA461 MAD - LHR
BA465 MAD - LHR
BA583 MXP - LHR
BA585 MXP - LHR
BA569 MXP - LHR
BA2611 NAP - LHR
BA341 NCE - LHR
BA347 NCE - LHR
BA349 NCE - LHR
BA2783 OPO - LHR
BA497 PMI - LHR
BA451 PMI - LHR
BA377 TLS - LHR
BA525 VCE - LHR
BA597 VCE - LHR
BA879 WAW - LHR
BA715 ZRH - LHR

Please update as more information becomes known

Sun 18
BA8757 BHD-LCY
Print Wikipost

Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II : Disruption to BA operations on and around Mon 19 Sep

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kt74
From leaked official documents, reported here: https://www.politico.eu/article/quee...beths-funeral/

Sounds like flying on the day will be fine, but before and after may be messy...
Biden and Macron will have their own special vehicles along for the trips.

Has BA waived change fees and penalties for those with LON O/X/D tickets for the 18th-20th? It would be a nice gesture if they did.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
From The BBC...

Flight disruption expected on Wednesday 14th Sept

Heathrow Airport says some flights will be disrupted today to ensure silence over central London as the Queen's coffin is moved to Westminster Hall.

That could mean some cancellations or flights being rescheduled. Further changes are anticipated on the day of the funeral, with more detail expected in the coming days.

A Heathrow spokesperson said: "Out of respect for the period of mourning following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Heathrow will be making appropriate alterations to our operation.

"Some flights between 13:50 - 15:40 [on] Wednesday 14 September, will be disrupted to ensure silence over central London as the ceremonial procession moves from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Hall."

Passengers will be notified by their airlines directly of any changes to flights.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:19 am

Wonder if thats the reason for the cancellation of BA850 today (2pm to WAW). Am keeping an eye on that route as i'm flying it next Thursday
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by FlyKev
Wonder if thats the reason for the cancellation of BA850 today (2pm to WAW). Am keeping an eye on that route as i'm flying it next Thursday
Correct
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
One day I may tell the story of this week.........
With all the foreign dignitaries coming in, I guess it will be a mess. I guess Macron won't be in a Eurostar(*). Do you get notified if a super VIP / head of state is on a commercial flight for you to prioritise their arrival over others?

(*) Fun fact: the law says that if a French president is travelling aboard a train, each bridge/tunnel along the route must be guarded by a Gendarme. Hollande spoke about getting rid of it, but I'm not sure he ever got round to it.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by alex67500
With all the foreign dignitaries coming in, I guess it will be a mess. I guess Macron won't be in a Eurostar(*). Do you get notified if a super VIP / head of state is on a commercial flight for you to prioritise their arrival over others?

(*) Fun fact: the law says that if a French president is travelling aboard a train, each bridge/tunnel along the route must be guarded by a Gendarme. Hollande spoke about getting rid of it, but I'm not sure he ever got round to it.
This is what we have in the UK Manual of Air Traffic Services Part 1:

flatlander, the810, wrp96 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Heathrow Tower; Sep 14, 2022 at 5:38 am
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:55 am

<tangent>

The only time I can think of that I have been delayed in an air ambulance (fixed wing) was by a royal flight coming into Northolt. But our patient was very stable so no bother. I believe it was Princess Anne

I have been pipped by another air ambulance declaring an emergency and getting priority for landing. Their patient had a broken ankle, ours was on a ventilator after a serious car crash. We didn't argue over ATC but we got to skip ahead of them at the hospital when we arrived 5 mins later than them

</tangent>
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by i_concur
<tangent>

The only time I can think of that I have been delayed in an air ambulance (fixed wing) was by a royal flight coming into Northolt. But our patient was very stable so no bother. I believe it was Princess Anne.

</tangent>
I had to read that several times before I realised that Princess Anne was the royal flight and not your patient... ​​​​
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by alex67500

I was on an Aer Lingus flight (LHR-DUB) where the pilot announced we had the president of Ireland on board (Mary McAleese at the time) , so we’d been given a direct routing by ATC. The flight time was ridiculously short
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
From The BBC...

Flight disruption expected on Wednesday 14th Sept

Heathrow Airport says some flights will be disrupted today to ensure silence over central London as the Queen's coffin is moved to Westminster Hall.

That could mean some cancellations or flights being rescheduled. Further changes are anticipated on the day of the funeral, with more detail expected in the coming days.

A Heathrow spokesperson said: "Out of respect for the period of mourning following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Heathrow will be making appropriate alterations to our operation.

"Some flights between 13:50 - 15:40 [on] Wednesday 14 September, will be disrupted to ensure silence over central London as the ceremonial procession moves from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Hall."

Passengers will be notified by their airlines directly of any changes to flights.
Britain is so embarrassing at the moment… shutting Heathrow so their's no flights over central London is such an over reaction, are we going to stop all the traffic and other noise too?
Scots_Al and Pack like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by dajdavies
Britain is so embarrassing at the moment… shutting Heathrow so their's no flights over central London is such an over reaction, are we going to stop all the traffic and other noise too?
There were major road closures too, and I believe crown crowd control was put in place at some stations where tubes either didn't stop, or stations were exit only. There may only be one bank holiday for the funeral, but the actual impact will be higher.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You will be able to hear a pin drop. And so you should be able to.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:17 am

Think its appropriate for the magnitude of the occasion - having watched the proceedings it was very moving with big ben chiming every minute and gun salutes etc... I am no royalist, and my flight yesterday (ba581) was cancelled and i am OK with that.
Genius1, wrp96, msm2000uk and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Britain does have its issues at the moment, but I'm sure the late Queen would appreciate me telling you that an adult unable to tell the difference between there & their is even more embarrassing

If I'm cancelled on Monday it'll be frustrating - but it'll be for a very good reason and I'll respect BA for doing so.

Safe travels

M
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Britain does have it's issues at the moment, but I'm sure the late Queen would appreciate me telling you that an adult unable to tell the difference between there & their is even more embarrassing
Almost as embarrassing as being unable to tell the difference between its and it's
​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.