Wiki Posts
Search

BA2673 LCA-LGW Cancelled Help Please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because the LGW service was cancelled due to crew (sickness I suspect) then you are good for EC261. Your flight is a mere 24 km into the maximum band, so 600€ / £520 per person. It's possible the coach option will still be available, in which case BA will in their rights not to pay a taxi, but they would probably (not definitely) pay £50 towards it. You can claim downgrade too, that's the Mennens formula in the main EC261. But you may find it easier to reclaim the Avios difference and ask BA for some Avios extra so that you won't claim specifically for the downgrade. Don't forget to get some receipts for food and drink tomorrow, that's covered.

ba.com/complaints
Thanks for answering my questions, LGW parking are going to charge me for overstaying Is there no way i can claim this back from BA?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Filmcritic
Thanks for answering my questions, LGW parking are going to charge me for overstaying Is there no way i can claim this back from BA?
Well first do your sad face training just in case LGW lets you off. But strictly speaking that is for travel insurance as a consequential loss. I would claim it from BA, given the hassle you have had they may pay it, but they are not required to do so. There are some more obscure pieces of law and conventions which could be used to sustain a claim but I've never heard anyone being successful on that basis.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:08 pm

Get in touch with LGW parking, and check online with what it would cost to book now for an extra day or two. Bound to be cheaper than the overstay rate.

When lockdown happened at Xmas 2020, our daughter's job back home was cancelled so we all decided to stay in Lanzarote. Edinburgh Airport parking agreed to charge us the pre-booking rate pro-rata for an extra three weeks. Even though they would have liked the extra cash, I'm sure!

You contact them in advance, they know you are paying out your pocket. Leave it for later, and they'll think the insurance is paying!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because the LGW service was cancelled due to crew (sickness I suspect) then you are good for EC261. Your flight is a mere 24 km into the maximum band, so 600€ / £520 per person. It's possible the coach option will still be available, in which case BA will in their rights not to pay a taxi, but they would probably (not definitely) pay £50 towards it. You can claim downgrade too, that's the Mennens formula in the main EC261. But you may find it easier to reclaim the Avios difference and ask BA for some Avios extra so that you won't claim specifically for the downgrade. Don't forget to get some receipts for food and drink tomorrow, that's covered.

ba.com/complaints
Just had a look at the complaints page to make a claim and its not giving me the option to claim for the cancelled 2673 lgw flight, just the currently delayed 673 lhr flight.Do i select this booking or more options one of my bookings isn’t listed above?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just had a look at the complaints page to make a claim and its not giving me the option to claim for the cancelled 2673 lgw flight, just the currently delayed 673 lhr flight.Do i select this booking or more options one of my bookings isn’t listed above?
It sounds like you need a blank web page. If you go back there wtill be "something else" options. You want a screen which both allows you free text and an upload screen. Sometimes it's easiest to do this without being logged in, and to not upload any documents first time around but to go back in to add more documents after you have had the tracking reference number via email. You also probably want to do this when you have all your receipts etc. In your shoes you want to claim EC261 for both the cancellation and a second claim for the overnight delay on your second flight. BA may balk at this, since it's 1200€, but that's where you should start.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks thats helpful, Didn’t realise i could claim for the overnight delay on the second flight either. Would this be 2 separate complaints i would have to issue?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:13 am

Thanks thats helpful, Didn’t realise i could claim for the overnight delay on the second flight either. Would this be 2 separate complaints i would have to issue?
I would put in one entry but at the top of the form entry say "This is for two claims for EC261 - one for cancellation of my original flight, the other for delay on the rebooked service". You don't need to put chapter and verse in, the shorter the better, they can look up the details at their end. One short paragraph on the cancelled flight, and one para on the delayed flight.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks CWS very helpful. Bit of a cheeky one but can we claim for my time & inconvenience of having to travel to LGW to collect my car as well as the transportation costs?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:13 am

Thanks CWS very helpful. Bit of a cheeky one but can we claim for my time & inconvenience of having to travel to LGW to collect my car as well as the transportation costs?
You can ask for an Avios customer service gesture for overall hassle, but the time / inconvenience is priced into the EC261 process I would suggest. One of the disadvantages of EC261 is that it has removed the wider discretion that used to exist in this space.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Yesterday’s BA673 is now further delayed to 19:30 today.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Yesterday’s BA673 is now further delayed to 19:30 today.
just been told that by the hotel, also now seems to be an issue with the captains flying hours.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:54 am

just been told that by the hotel, also now seems to be an issue with the captains flying hours.
Thou shalt not fly on the 8th day is a hard and fast CAA rule. BA have been working Captains tremendously hard. If the delay will push the Captain into his 8th day on arrival at LHR, he wont be able to take the flight out.
Just a guess on my part.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
BA663 to LHR at 19:00 today has 2 seats left. Be quick.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Just on hold to silver line, if i can get another flight can i still claim 261 compensation?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just on hold to silver line, if i can get another flight can i still claim 261 compensation?
compensation is separate from rebooking, so basically yes.

what specifically are you trying to do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.