FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA2673 LCA-LGW Cancelled Help Please (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085365-ba2673-lca-lgw-cancelled-help-please.html)

Filmcritic Jul 2, 2022 6:28 am

BA2673 LCA-LGW Cancelled Help Please

Just had email tonights flight is cancelled and they have rebooked us on BA673 to LHR departing 0730am, Never received text until 1230pm, tells me to go on mmb and accept flight, Same text then says 673 new departure time 2030pm. Gone into mmb and i have nothing showing, tried calling cant get through. Should i go to airport and try to check in as im not sure what to do. Also car is in LGW car park where do i stand about getting back to LGW to collect car? Any help much appreciated.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 2, 2022 6:32 am

The rebooking process on MMB sometimes takes a while to come through, so best leave it for an hour or so. Otherwise call BA on Skype or on the local number.
ba.com/contact-us

You can get rebooked via BA, it's best to give them the opportunity to do this. Can you stay one more night in your current location? BA will pick up your hotel bill so long as it's not too silly.

As an example, BA can rebook you on Austrian airlines today or tomorrow at 17:25 with a change in VIE, and it gets you to LHR rather than LGW, but you can claim the costs of getting to LGW plus EC261 for the cancellation. It was because LGW has run out of flight crew.

Can I help you Jul 2, 2022 6:35 am

I can see that the delayed 673 has plenty of seats so if they say your booked on that it makes sense.

Filmcritic Jul 2, 2022 6:40 am

We’re in a villa so have to leave now as new guests coming later. Where do i stand with BA about getting back to LGW to collect the car? Guess this is something i have to sort myself?

Can I help you Jul 2, 2022 6:43 am

You will be able to claim back for this.

bisonrav Jul 2, 2022 6:44 am

I think you should sort it yourself and then claim back - depending on bags, National Express is usually a good and convenient option for this. If you want convenience, you can book a car for £100 or so (I can give you the name of the firm I use, DM me) who will collect you and drive you back.

In your position I'd be concentrating on getting a hotel for the overnight at LCA right now.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 2, 2022 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Filmcritic (Post 34389674)
We’re in a villa so have to leave now as new guests coming later. Where do i stand with BA about getting back to LGW to collect the car? Guess this is something i have to sort myself?

You best sort this out yourself, book hotel / taxi or whatever. Guideline for the hotel is £200 per room per night. If you can't get back the same day then collect the car the next day, LGW will be used to over-stayers. Now the overstay parking fee is not claimable, that's usually judge to be consequential. I would stil try it on BA, they have been known to pay it, but strictly speaking that's for your travel insurance.

Can I help you Jul 2, 2022 6:48 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 34389685)
I think you should sort it yourself and then claim back - depending on bags, National Express is usually a good and convenient option for this. If you want convenience, you can book a car for £100 or so (I can give you the name of the firm I use, DM me) who will collect you and drive you back.

In your position I'd be concentrating on getting a hotel for the overnight at LCA right now.

Why, the 673 is down as operating at the aircraft is already in LCA?

corporate-wage-slave Jul 2, 2022 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34389697)

It's a little unclear from the original post whether it's today or tomorrow.

Can I help you Jul 2, 2022 6:53 am

From what see all today.

Lioneye Jul 2, 2022 6:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34389706)

As I'm stuck at LCA myself at the moment having originally arrived for the 07.30 BA673 (now leaving at 20.30) I'd say it's all today.

Can I help you Jul 2, 2022 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Lioneye (Post 34389710)
As I'm stuck at LCA myself at the moment having originally arrived for the 07.30 BA673 (now leaving at 20.30) I'd say it's all today.

Do you know the cause of the delay, the aircraft appears to be in LCA?

bisonrav Jul 2, 2022 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34389697)

this was assuming there had been an overnight cancellation as original suggested.

Lioneye Jul 2, 2022 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34389717)
Do you know the cause of the delay, the aircraft appears to be in LCA?

We were told at 6.30am there was a problem with the plane. I knew it was there overnight so was confident of getting off the ground.

Having said that the ground staff are not BA so could have been guessing. Some staff were saying cancelled & some delayed.

We rebooked onto the 7.35pm & headed into Larnaca for the day.

Filmcritic Jul 2, 2022 7:13 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34389706)

Just to be clear LGW flight should be depating LCA 2025pm tonight. Just a bit worried now as no longer in MMB, we have passengers from my LGW flight plus LHR all on one plane, will there enough seats for all of us? Also were on the way to airport now will check in still be open as the flight is so delayed from this morning?