Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA2673 LCA-LGW Cancelled Help Please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
From a distance it looks like special arrangements have been put in place for this flight, so I would imagine that check-in staff will be available.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Filmcritic
Just to be clear LGW flight should be depating LCA 2025pm tonight. Just a bit worried now as no longer in MMB, we have passengers from my LGW flight plus LHR all on one plane, will there enough seats for all of us? Also were on the way to airport now will check in still be open as the flight is so delayed from this morning?
Plenty of seats, don’t worry.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Just to be clear LGW flight should be depating LCA 2025pm tonight. Just a bit worried now as no longer in MMB, we have passengers from my LGW flight plus LHR all on one plane, will there enough seats for all of us? Also were on the way to airport now will check in still be open as the flight is so delayed from this morning?
To put your mind at rest here's the email I got confirming check-in will be open.

Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Lioneye
To put your mind at rest here's the email I got confirming check-in will be open.

Thanks , that’s the email I’ve received also. I’m at airport but they won’t let us check in told us to come back in 30 minutes but wouldn’t say why so no idea what’s going to happen now.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m guessing the aircraft has not been fixed!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Thanks , that’s the email I’ve received also. I’m at airport but they won’t let us check in told us to come back in 30 minutes but wouldn’t say why so no idea what’s going to happen now.

Sorry to say you are now showing a further delay to mid-day tomorrow
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look at the arrival time, think you are delayed until the morning?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Yes, just confirmed flight is cancelled. Told us to wait and they will get coach to take us to a hotel. If I refuse and go to my own hotel can I still claim back the cost of the hotel?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cancelled or delayed until the morning?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:55 am

Yes, just confirmed flight is cancelled. Told us to wait and they will get coach to take us to a hotel. If I refuse and go to my own hotel can I still claim back the cost of the hotel?
No, unless the hotel they offer doesn't fulfil 'duty of care'. But you could put the claim in any way and see what happens.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Delayed until tomorrow
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by cauchy
No, unless the hotel they offer doesn't fulfil 'duty of care'. But you could put the claim in any way and see what happens.
Personally I would Sort yourself out with taxi / hotel / meals. Waiting for a bus seems like it’ll take an age.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cauchy
I’ve had zero problems claiming when I sorted myself out v BA offering.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:20 am

For anyone who gets on the LHR flight, dedicated coaches have been arranged by BA to return customers to LGW. For this reason I expect any ‘self guided’ claims would be rejected.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Confus
For anyone who gets on the LHR flight, dedicated coaches have been arranged by BA to return customers to LGW. For this reason I expect any ‘self guided’ claims would be rejected.
Thanks for that, where would I find that information?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.