Search

BA2673 LCA-LGW Cancelled Help Please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Trying to get on 663 tonight to lhr
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Filmcritic
Trying to get on 663 tonight to lhr
The cancellation EC261 is in the bag, it's happened. The delay, well that's in tha bag now really. But I would never let EC261 factors get in the way of your travel requirements. Bear in mind BA can rebook you via the Lufthansa group, so ask specifically for Austrian via Vienna, A3-Olympic (via Athens) and ITA via Rome. They are in the specific customer guidelines (if you get India / South Africa) and other airlines can also be used.

665 has one seat in ET
663 has zero seats

There's a Frankfurt service at 1710, LH1293 with married segment availability on to LCY.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:43 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;34391927]The cancellation EC261 is in the bag, it's happened. The delay, well that's in tha bag now really. But I would never let EC261 factors get in the way of your travel requirements. Bear in mind BA can rebook you via the Lufthansa group, so ask specifically for Austrian via Vienna, A3-Olympic (via Athens) and ITA via Rome. They are in the specific customer guidelines (if you get India / South Africa) and other airlines can also be used.

665 has one seat in ET
663 has zero seats

Tried all the options nothing available, fra-lcy involves overnight stay in fra. Still have no info from ba as to what is happening. Could somebody with access have a look to see the current status of yesterdays delayed BA673 please.

Last edited by Filmcritic; Jul 3, 2022 at 5:36 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Yesterday’s BA673 is now further delayed to 19:30 today.
could you tell me current status of the flight as still no info from ba.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
could you tell me current status of the flight as still no info from ba.
Flight status still says 19:30, which I suspect is down to when a pilot can be flown from London. There is a LHR-LCA service currently in flight, due in just after 18:00 hrs.

ba.com/flightstatus
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This is what it currently says for BA673 from yesterday

LCA NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 1930
ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 2030
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 2310 LHR
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you Karfa, can i ask where you got that information please?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Flight status still says 19:30, which I suspect is down to when a pilot can be flown from London. There is a LHR-LCA service currently in flight, due in just after 18:00 hrs.

ba.com/flightstatus
Thanks CWS, Still no info from BA. Do you think i should check out of the hotel and head to airport or wait to see if any info from BA?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
that's from expertflyer
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Thanks thats helpful, Didn’t realise i could claim for the overnight delay on the second flight either. Would this be 2 separate complaints i would have to issue?
You are not entitled to 2x comp. and it is beyond certain that any claim for delay will de rejected. You should claim comp. for the cancellation of your initial flight.

Thanks CWS very helpful. Bit of a cheeky one but can we claim for my time & inconvenience of having to travel to LGW to collect my car as well as the transportation costs?
You can't. Use the EU Reg. 261/04 comp. to cover the time/inconvenience/costs.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
BA.com is still showing a 19:30 departure. Expertflyer showing 20:30.

Does anybody know the exact nature of the mechanical failure which is taking such an undefined and constantly extending time to repair?

At this stage, unless this flight gets away tonight, and frankly I think it’s now getting dangerously close to the LHR cutoff time for arrivals that this might not happen, you are not getting home until tomorrow anyway. All direct BA flights tomorrow are showing Y9 so I would be securing one of those seats as soon as possible.

TUI also has a non stop flight to LGW tonight at 01:15 am available in Google Flights for a mere €115.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
BA.com is still showing a 19:30 departure. Expertflyer showing 20:30.

Does anybody know the exact nature of the mechanical failure which is taking such an undefined and constantly extending time to repair?

At this stage, unless this flight gets away tonight, and frankly I think it’s now getting dangerously close to the LHR cutoff time for arrivals that this might not happen, you are not getting home until tomorrow anyway. All direct BA flights tomorrow are showing Y9 so I would be securing one of those seats as soon as possible.

TUI also has a non stop flight to LGW tonight at 01:15 am available in Google Flights for a mere €115.

Hi,

A post further up

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34391863-post56.html

Suggests that the Captains's flying hours are now a factor ( if he flew into LHR he could be illegal per regulations) . Another crew is being flown out on the outbound today but will not arrive at LCA till 1800 or so IIRC per posts above for the 1930 return.

However I'm not sure if the official definative reason has been announced

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Update: bus has turned up to take us to airport, also just received text finally from BA saying 1930 departure, although no food on board for Club, I’ll be given a food voucher at check in.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Update: bus has turned up to take us to airport, also just received text finally from BA saying 1930 departure, although no food on board for Club, I’ll be given a food voucher at check in.
So BA is unable to source food downstream dor a 5 hour plus return flight. I know these flights are usually return-catered but is there really no contingency for when things go wrong?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It would be very difficult to cater download as no stations have BA equipment, it’s better to let customers self cater.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.