Wiki Posts
Search

Are BAMissingAvios missing in action?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Are BAMissingAvios missing in action?

Hi all

I have some Avios and TPs missing from a flight last month. It was a QR flight number on BA metal from LGW to DOH.

Submitting a claim on ba.com has done nothing so far and so I PM'd BAMissingAvios, with whom I've had an almost instant response in the past and a rapid turnaround of my missing points. I've messaged twice, a week apart, but not had anything at all back. Do we know if they are still active? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm only 1 month away from TP year-end and only 50 points away from Gold. These missing TPs will get me over the line, hence the growing imperative...

Many thanks

Ed
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
They will credit based on when you flew....so no need to worry
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
QR coded flights may well take a long time to credit, nothing new there. The lurker - who it must be stressed is an escalation process, not an alternative to calling up BAEC in the usual way - is still active, which you can tell by looking at their profile (last login 2 days ago). But there clearly is a backlog in clearing down complaints and customer relations matters. If your credit arrives after the year end it will still be credited against the date of travel. If you don't see the requisite status level after your membership year ends then it's also by ringing up BAEC that you can resolve this.
flatlander and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by GoingForGold1500
Hi all

I have some Avios and TPs missing from a flight last month. It was a QR flight number on BA metal from LGW to DOH.

Submitting a claim on ba.com has done nothing so far and so I PM'd BAMissingAvios, with whom I've had an almost instant response in the past and a rapid turnaround of my missing points. I've messaged twice, a week apart, but not had anything at all back. Do we know if they are still active? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm only 1 month away from TP year-end and only 50 points away from Gold. These missing TPs will get me over the line, hence the growing imperative...

Many thanks

Ed
Yes. BAMissingAvios is still on here. Give her some time. She is phenomenal. But don’t over ping her. Cheers.
squawk, argonath, becks1 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I still can’t get BA flights to credit from April 20. What kind of airline can’t clear this up in months? It’s not rocket science.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
I recently had 2 BA flights from early May fail to credit automatically.

- I first tried the missing avios claim on the website which failed because the website failed to recognise the BA ticket number as being valid.

- I called the GGL line (outside UK hours) who appeared to be massively bogged down and suggested I fill out a form online (different from the usual claims form), which required me to submit my boarding passes as well. The agent stated that this was the same form he would be filling out on my behalf, but that I could also do it myself. I took the hint, and filled it myself and waited the promised week and nothing came of it.

- 3 weeks later, I called the GGL line again during UK hours, and the agent apologised profusely and submitted a manual request that eventually resulted in an email showing up a week later saying the TPs/Avios had been credited (they had).
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Tack
Yes. BAMissingAvios is still on here. Give her some time. She is phenomenal. But don’t over ping her. Cheers.
pinged her last month but it’s been crickets
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Have twice now successfully requested a manual crediting of TPs and Avios via online chat. Like flyingnomad, email appears a week or so later confirming the credit.

No queue at all for me this morning in online chat (twice).
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tack
Agree. She did a fantastic job for me regarding my missing AA TPs, but I’ll only make a request as last resort where all the normal avenues have failed.

So maybe in 2 months plus I’ll be making polite request for help with missing DTPs from a recent BAH?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze Tier
Originally Posted by SimonAB
Have twice now successfully requested a manual crediting of TPs and Avios via online chat. Like flyingnomad, email appears a week or so later confirming the credit.

No queue at all for me this morning in online chat (twice).
I have had no luck so far via online chat. On both occasions, the agent has assured me they had raised a claim on my behalf but it has been over a week now since I first got in touch ( re first leg of my flight) and nothing has been credited. The return flight has not automatically been credited either and I got back in touch via online chat this morning, but I’m not holding my breath.

This is happening consistently in the LHR MAD and MAD LHR route for me. My past flights from Dec/Jan did not get automatically credited for Avios or TP but it took less significantly less time for BAEC to resolve this for me once I contacted them.

I have also DMd BAMissingAvios but no answer so far. Fingers crossed!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Even my Avios from Natwest Rewards aren't posting now. This is about as STPable a process as you can get and yet BA still seems to be messing it up.

I seem to recall that we were told that months of (planned-ish) disruption to our BAEC accounts was to help upgrade the whole system. How do we think that's going then?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
And my monthly auto transfer of Avios from my BA Amex to my BAEC account hasn’t happened this month either. That’s normally a smooth process.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Even my Avios from Natwest Rewards aren't posting now. This is about as STPable a process as you can get and yet BA still seems to be messing it up.

I seem to recall that we were told that months of (planned-ish) disruption to our BAEC accounts was to help upgrade the whole system. How do we think that's going then?
maybe the system was “enhanced” instead of upgraded….
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Qantas flights taken over a month ago still missing. 😠😒
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze Tier
Update: I have now been credited the first leg of my flight on the 27th of May. Only they have posted the wrong amount of Avios and Tier Points ( awarded Economy, my booking was Business). Back to square one…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.