Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
I've just read 5 pages of this in one go and listen, I'm GRIPPED. I also now demand a hot dog on my next flight in F.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GFL. Marriott. Emirates Pla
I'm sorry for the delay in responding, there seems to be a limit of some sort, and as Corporate-Wage-Slave pointed out, it's for anti-spam.

Not going until June but really need to get a plan in place to ensure there are not surprises of any sort. Had issues with security already!

I was certainly not proposing to get four club world seats or four first-class seats for power alone. I am not wanting to disturb anyone this unit it totally sealed. Ideally, all I want to do, without making a big deal if it, is to inconspicuously connect a few seats either going back across the window areas at the side of the aircraft or going across the cabin using one of these either from seat to seat or the heavy duty power available near the gallies.

Way back before covid it was no issue getting the crew in club or first to heat up anything but it seems this is no longer possible, I don’t think it ever was officially allowed but due to status or class of travel they often helped out, I don’t travel the same these days, I am GFL but I suspect that is due to dtry requirements

A big battery pack is an option but they don’t like high rate LIHOn.

Before taking through security as BN is classed as a liquid it was taken and not allowed. (totally fair enough!) So this left us with the product only and no glass either! So as you imagined it has to get binned.

Regarding the spikes: there is no spikes, the one is unscrewed and a cylinder bar is in place, I am not trying to take illegal spikes or liquids on board

So all I was asking if its ok to either connect having 1 master seat and the rest a cable up the side

I hope this make sense.

These are very safe units, with safety power cut off and 99% silent so not trying to disturb anything
Old May 16, 2022, 3:47 pm

Well I for one - and I imagine most others here - are still very much in the W T F camp.

OP, can you clarify what you actually want to use this thing to heat up? Is it hot dogs, or something a little more… rational? And what is BN?
Old May 16, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Sigwx
The max output is 4 x ……..

Actually have no idea what demand all the Galleys have when all turning scrambled eggs and steak into stone and carbon, all whilst freezing the second service semi-half-well-maybe-a-quarter-sized-wrap.

But I don’t think it’s huge……..well that’s what she said anyway.

There is no way an commercial airplane has a 3 Phase supply...
Old May 16, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
There is no way an commercial airplane has a 3 Phase supply...
A truly crazy concept I know! Imagine if they tried to hide a few variable frequency starter generators on one, all complete with ‘wiggly amps’….chaos. Whatever next..hotdog machines perhaps?

Old May 16, 2022, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by powershell
I'm sorry for the delay in responding, there seems to be a limit of some sort, and as Corporate-Wage-Slave pointed out, it's for anti-spam.

Not going until June but really need to get a plan in place to ensure there are not surprises of any sort. Had issues with security already!

I was certainly not proposing to get four club world seats or four first-class seats for power alone. I am not wanting to disturb anyone this unit it totally sealed. Ideally, all I want to do, without making a big deal if it, is to inconspicuously connect a few seats either going back across the window areas at the side of the aircraft or going across the cabin using one of these either from seat to seat or the heavy duty power available near the gallies.

Way back before covid it was no issue getting the crew in club or first to heat up anything but it seems this is no longer possible, I don’t think it ever was officially allowed but due to status or class of travel they often helped out, I don’t travel the same these days, I am GFL but I suspect that is due to dtry requirements

A big battery pack is an option but they don’t like high rate LIHOn.

Before taking through security as BN is classed as a liquid it was taken and not allowed. (totally fair enough!) So this left us with the product only and no glass either! So as you imagined it has to get binned.

Regarding the spikes: there is no spikes, the one is unscrewed and a cylinder bar is in place, I am not trying to take illegal spikes or liquids on board

So all I was asking if its ok to either connect having 1 master seat and the rest a cable up the side

I hope this make sense.

These are very safe units, with safety power cut off and 99% silent so not trying to disturb anything
Can I counteract this with the suggestion you prep your dogs at home before the flight and bring on board a USB powered lunch box? Far simpler, less intrusive on others and dare I say a far more sensible proposition not only for yourself but for the unfortunate ones sat around your make shift hot dog stand at 38,000 feet with nowhere to go. I cant believe you're actually serious about doing this. I still keep looking at the calendar and checking its not 1st April.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:29 pm

If the red squiggly line is a wiring plan, I can’t wait to see OP clambering outside the window at cruise altitude to set it up
Sigwx likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Can I counteract this with the suggestion you prep your dogs at home before the flight and bring on board a USB powered lunch box? Far simpler, less intrusive on others and dare I say a far more sensible proposition not only for yourself but for the unfortunate ones sat around your make shift hot dog stand at 38,000 feet with nowhere to go. I cant believe you're actually serious about doing this. I still keep looking at the calendar and checking its not 1st April.

But then how are we wiring and plumbing in the Barista machine??! Aviation runs on coffee…….and paperwork. I’m not bringing my own coffee from Costa…..it’ll be cold by 30W.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by powershell
I hope this make sense

😂
sl1ppy, Kgmm77, swizzlest and 10 others like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:25 pm

Why bother with the complex wiring and the expense of Club World - if you move to the last row of WTP you could just prise out your window pane and cook your hot dogs like this...

Last edited by Bullswood; May 16, 2022 at 10:08 pm
Old May 16, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Back in the day I remember various rail enthusiasts used to make their own toasted sandwiches while on the bash. I believe the Breville (or similar) sandwich toaster was plugged into the cleaner's socket on the Mk 2 coaches. Maybe the OP has progressed from trains to planes?
smokie36 and squawk like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Whatever next? People will be fighting to plug in all sorts of portable electrical items on board and before we know it we’ll have an inflight breakfastandprinting thread.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
OK, I was wrong, the doodling of the power running along the seat map was the best part of this thread.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Whatever next? People will be fighting to plug in all sorts of portable electrical items on board .
Could put an end to posts about having to eat raw sausages.
JAXBA, britbronco22, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
This thread keeps getting better and better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.