Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Is the food this bad?
I can't wait to see what they'll be using for dessert.
seawolf, toothy, atcer28 and 4 others like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I suspect, looking at those spikes, we can be reasonably confident that this wouldn't even make it through security and into the cabin as hand luggage, so anything else is moot.
I had the same thought about that not getting through security let alone on board. Would it fit through the xray machine?

I've seen some weird things at security but that takes the biscuit.

Can't wait to read more assuming OP comes back to tell us what the idea is.
lhrhappy likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL
You could bring this and then use a 100W DC supply at each seat connected in parallel to recharge. That would be 1000 W so you could grill your own steak or whatever. I think that the battery pack is not allowed due to it's capacity however, but you'd need some kind of AC to DC to pool power from the seats then DC to AC to power the appliance.
lhrhappy likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Next question: can I bitcoin mine on a plane?
dhuey, jimlad48, salut0 and 13 others like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Ain’t no cure for crazy!!!
spursdebs and lhrhappy like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Perhaps this explains it
lhrhappy and LTFF like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF WP
It seems ones without the spikes are available

must confess it looked to me like a bit of lab equipment. Especially with a group of 4 in F perhaps a group going to a conference that requires some microbiological experiment to proceed uninterrupted?
lhrhappy likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
Going to bring an extension cord next time so I can plug in my air conditioner, microwave, and desktop computer. Maybe bring a mini fridge and TV as well.
daftboy and lhrhappy like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Lightweight....come to Argentina and I'll show you how to cook a sausage.

IAN-UK, Jimmie76, YacozA and 9 others like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:10 pm

I'm sure any non compliance in crew requests not to operate said equipment would be met with a simple switch off of the system preventing in-seat power from being used by anyone. The same would go for air fryers, George Foreman grills,, electric woks, rice-steamers, soup-makers, microwaves, nutri-bullets, toasters, pop-corn machines or any other obsure appliance which has absolutely no place for use in an aircraft cabin.
salut0, HIDDY, lhrhappy and 4 others like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Is the food this bad?
Wasn’t there once a discussion about people bringing MCDondalds on a flight in F?
wrp96, lhrhappy, nilsfr69 and 2 others like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Must be some amazing hot dogs if it's worth buying four seats in Club World to power this device!

Without the toasting rods (which as others said may be an issue for security), you only need 450 watts instead of 550. Although would the hot dogs be any good if you don't toast the buns?
lhrhappy likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 9:06 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I'm sure any non compliance in crew requests not to operate said equipment would be met with a simple switch off of the system preventing in-seat power from being used by anyone. The same would go for air fryers, George Foreman grills,, electric woks, rice-steamers, soup-makers, microwaves, nutri-bullets, toasters, pop-corn machines or any other obsure appliance which has absolutely no place for use in an aircraft cabin.
Reminds me of this DL safety video @51 seconds in

Old May 15, 2022, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Next question: can I bitcoin mine on a plane?
this is a great plan
those new to mining (among other resource-intensive applications) are likely to make complaints along the lines of "it sounds like a jet engine!"
well, doing that next to a couple of actual jet engines neatly renders that issue irrelevant

only slightly more seriously, depending on OEM the RTX 3080 Ti laptop GPU (just a recent example) can draw up to 175 W, so actually...
lhrhappy likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
From a security point of view, I've just taken an induction rice cooker with me on my flight to DOH and on to RUH (via the T5 FW) so maybe the OP's device would get through (depending on how the prongs were viewed). I must say that I had no intention of using said cooker on board.
lhrhappy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.