Wiki Posts
Search

The T5 Pods are back :)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
The T5 Pods are back :)

Just arrived back into T5 and after no shuttle bus appeared, one of our group made a call, to be told the news the pods are back in action. We rode to station B, no issues.

They appear not to be telling anyone at this stage, so I suppose it's possible it's temporary?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
That saves a lot of money being able to use the Thistle again.
aidy and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I was tempted to try the pods as an alternative to a regular drop off, hence saving a fiver. May give it a go soon.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:19 pm

We're staying at the Thistle before a flight on Sunday, this is great news.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:24 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
If this is the case then they need to update the Heathrow website
Please note. POD parking will be operating a bus service for the foreseeable future.
I do hope that what you were told is permanent
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:28 pm

https://www.heathrow.com/transport-a...ing-terminal-5

Says here at the top of the page they are now running, whilst at the bottom they aren't!!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Does one have to park or stay at Thistle to use the Pods?

Question: am I allowed to use the Pods if I am neither parking a car nor staying at the Thistle? I would be happy to pay a fiver to the Thistle when I have an overnight layover this summer; even better if I can use a credit card.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Question: am I allowed to use the Pods if I am neither parking a car nor staying at the Thistle? I would be happy to pay a fiver to the Thistle when I have an overnight layover this summer; even better if I can use a credit card.
If you do a roundtrip from T5 without getting "out" of the system you can go for free.
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Originally Posted by Schwann
If you do a roundtrip from T5 without getting "out" of the system you can go for free.
Sorry, I guess I was unclear. I would like to stay at a hotel somewhere near the Thistle (I liked the Sheraton the last time I stayed in the area, but might do a different option this time), but use the Pods to get between T5 and the Thistle (and walk the rest of the way to my hotel). I would walk the whole way, except that part of the walk would be under very unfriendly pedestrian terms...
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you are thinking of doing this then you may as well walk the whole way, since the pods place you geographically near those hotels, but the only route northwards towards the Colnbrook Bypass is that via the Thistle paid gate. The way out of the pod parking brings you on to the Northern Perimeter Road, southwards towards the runways. To get from there to the Sheraton means walking just as far as the Bath Road semi-pedestrian route. So just take the 423 bus or 350 if it comes first.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
The Thistle is a dump . The pods are fun but I wouldn’t even contemplate staying at the Thistle (even for 1 night) again just to get there by the pod
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
The Thistle is a dump . The pods are fun but I wouldn’t even contemplate staying at the Thistle (even for 1 night) again just to get there by the pod
Nothing wrong with it, in my view. It’s basic but clean and cheap. I’d certainly stay there for the convenience of being able to take the pods.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I don't always need luxury.....I was born and bred in Blackpool and have seen some B&B's in my time. The Thistle ( pre Covid) was clean and fine for a night before an early morning departure.
PUCCI GALORE and skipness1E like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:18 pm

Ive used the Thistle a few times and will again tomorrow. The price of 2 weeks parking and a 1 night stay was £130 vs almost £200 for parking alone at the official car park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.