Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The T5 Pods are back :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Why would you be in the car park without a car?.
Car spotting?

Last edited by HIDDY; Jun 23, 2022 at 9:40 am
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
Originally Posted by FlyEurope
Are the PODs available at the moment?

Both the Heathrow and the Thistle website claim they are not, but that information seems to be outdated?
I've been through a couple of times, and although there are pods in the loop, it appears they are for testing only
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Why would you be in the car park without a car? Are you suggesting parking there and avoiding using the bus and instead walking to T5?

Not sure why stealth is necessary. Just walk out.
Going for a quick drink at Runway bar at the Thistle hotel from T5 for example
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by jonas123
Going for a quick drink at Runway bar at the Thistle hotel from T5 for example
Oh! Good to know
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
They aren't. I have a booking at the weekend and received an email saying it was a bus replacement service!
I have a booking on 10 August and also have had an email saying there is a bus replacement service. Given this is a few weeks out, I wonder what the issues are? Spare part supply chain?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:11 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Drove past T5 Pod Parking on Wednesday and was amazed how empty it is. Although not really surprising, given that the Pods aren't available and the crazy high prices for parking at Heathrow these days. I appreciate that HAL need to try to bring in money to make up for their lost income over the pandemic, but they are really shooting themselves in the foot with the current pricing. Even a two night/three day business trip in the long-stay car park is hard to justify these days. It's cheaper for me to take a taxi. Business and Pod parking prices just cannot be justified. It's crazy.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Had an E-Mail from HAL telling me that the maintenance work is complete and that Pods will be operating when I park there on 19th July.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any confirmation that these are back working? Got a booking in Long Stay for 3rd August but pods only a few quid more and I found them better than a bus last time I used them, and also my grandaughter would enjoy the ride as well.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I walk on the Western Perimeter road almost every day, and the pods have been running this week (unless they were empty). They were running today.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I used the pods last weekend.
rolandrat likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by rolandrat
Any confirmation that these are back working? Got a booking in Long Stay for 3rd August but pods only a few quid more and I found them better than a bus last time I used them, and also my grandaughter would enjoy the ride as well.
Yes, they're back up and running. I used them on Tuesday.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
I wonder whether they are suffering from lack of bookings due to the replacement bus service? I just booked parking for January and was offered the POD for a 16 day trip, something that I have always had to do via two separate bookings in the past. Didn’t book it though, as I have recently discovered valet parking, which is cheaper!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:33 am

T5 pods are not back. Down for maintenance again yesterday.

It's so frustrating, too. My flight was delayed and didn't land until 22.30, so legged it up floor 2 only to find that dreaded 'closed for maintenance, bus replacement service...' and had to go back down to ground floor and wait for the bus!

I think I'm going to switch to short term parking as getting a bus at 22.45 was no fun....then I left my back on the bus.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by chriswiles
T5 pods are not back. Down for maintenance again yesterday.
I used the pods last week, first time since 2015. They were very juddery, can't remember them being like that before. I wonder why they're closed for maintenance so much now?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by layz
I used the pods last week, first time since 2015. They were very juddery, can't remember them being like that before. I wonder why they're closed for maintenance so much now?
It was open when I flew out on Friday, but definitely noticed it was more juddery and a bit slower. The thing is though, you have to go all the way to second floor to find it's closed....and you pay extra for the convenience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.