Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The T5 Pods are back :)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Thank you for that, just what I hoped! As a sole trader on my "own dime" I just cannot justify in my own head the Sofitel now that the Pods are running.
My wife having used both the Thistle and the Sofitel when we have been on holiday disliked the latter because it has an enclosed feel, understandably because of its proximity to the terminal. I would rather spend the money on other things.
Agreed all round. A hundred quid for a clean room and 8 nights' parking (plus Pod charge) is frankly incredible value in these otherwise pricey times.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:15 am

An appropriate time to remind everyone that for £1.65 there’s also a regular public bus direct to the terminal building. And this is more convenient for other nearby hotels (e.g. PI, Sheraton).
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by Confus
An appropriate time to remind everyone that for £1.65 there’s also a regular public bus direct to the terminal building. And this is more convenient for other nearby hotels (e.g. PI, Sheraton).
My better half will accept the Thistle.....but if I suggested a bus, that would be too much for her......and I love her for it.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
I wouldn't dream of staying at the Thistle when the PI over the road is half the price, cleaner & still only £1.55 on the bus to T5. Sorry Pods!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BLHD
I wouldn't dream of staying at the Thistle when the PI over the road is half the price, cleaner & still only £1.55 on the bus to T5. Sorry Pods!
Generally the PI is more expensive. This Wednesday the B&B rate at the Thistle is £60, or £51 room only, whereas the Premier Inn is £77 or £87.50 with pre-paid breakfast. That's a data point on one date, but it's quite typical in my opinion.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Generally the PI is more expensive. This Wednesday the B&B rate at the Thistle is £60, or £51 room only, whereas the Premier Inn is £77 or £87.50 with pre-paid breakfast. That's a data point on one date, but it's quite typical in my opinion.
Admittedly, as a leisure traveller I am able to book further in advance, with the most I've paid for the PI being £65 2 weeks in advance.

Ironically we are there on Thursday night, £40 booked 6 weeks ago.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have regularly been booking the PI T5 over the last year for about £30-40. I think as travel is picking up those days may have gone and it seems to have returned to it's pre covid rates of about £70+. I can't believe I am doing this based on my previous views of the Thistle, but I am booking it for a night in May for £60 (with £6 to be returned via TCB as well). Obviously as I don't have more brass then sense, I will be sticking to my usual walk from T5 and not using the pods!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have regularly been booking the PI T5 over the last year for about £30-40. I think as travel is picking up those days may have gone and it seems to have returned to it's pre covid rates of about £70+. I can't believe I am doing this based on my previous views of the Thistle, but I am booking it for a night in May for £60 (with £6 to be returned via TCB as well). Obviously as I don't have more brass then sense, I will be sticking to my usual walk from T5 and not using the pods!
Try and get one of the runway view rooms - 151 to 179, odd numbers, the lower the better.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BLHD
PI at T4 is still reasonably priced and for bus users, just as convenient to T5 as PI T5. 11 minutes/£1.65 on the 482 or 490. Hopefully prices at PI T4 will remain reasonable until/unless T4 reopens.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Are the PODs available at the moment?

Both the Heathrow and the Thistle website claim they are not, but that information seems to be outdated?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
They were not working yesterday
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyEurope

Both the Heathrow and the Thistle website claim they are not, but that information seems to be outdated?
Data point: bus replacement service operating at 22:30 on Weds 22 June. While waiting for Hertz shuttle, I saw two buses pass through T5 within 10 mins of each other.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:43 am

semi off-topic but...does anyone know of a way to get out of the pod car park without a) a car b) a hotel reservation c) stealthing it past the security at the car park exit?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyEurope
They aren't. I have a booking at the weekend and received an email saying it was a bus replacement service!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by jonas123
semi off-topic but...does anyone know of a way to get out of the pod car park without a) a car b) a hotel reservation c) stealthing it past the security at the car park exit?
Why would you be in the car park without a car? Are you suggesting parking there and avoiding using the bus and instead walking to T5?

Not sure why stealth is necessary. Just walk out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.