FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   The T5 Pods are back :) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2074894-t5-pods-back.html)

FeedbirdNiner Apr 7, 2022 8:18 am

The T5 Pods are back :)

Just arrived back into T5 and after no shuttle bus appeared, one of our group made a call, to be told the news the pods are back in action. We rode to station B, no issues.

They appear not to be telling anyone at this stage, so I suppose it's possible it's temporary?

HIDDY Apr 7, 2022 8:26 am

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f2d732f897.jpg

davidcamp6 Apr 7, 2022 1:43 pm

That saves a lot of money being able to use the Thistle again.

squeeler Apr 7, 2022 1:50 pm

I was tempted to try the pods as an alternative to a regular drop off, hence saving a fiver. May give it a go soon.

Brownyboy Apr 7, 2022 2:19 pm

We're staying at the Thistle before a flight on Sunday, this is great news.

PUCCI GALORE Apr 7, 2022 2:24 pm

If this is the case then they need to update the Heathrow website
Please note. POD parking will be operating a bus service for the foreseeable future.
I do hope that what you were told is permanent

Brownyboy Apr 7, 2022 2:28 pm

https://www.heathrow.com/transport-a...ing-terminal-5

Says here at the top of the page they are now running, whilst at the bottom they aren't!!

HPN-HRL Apr 7, 2022 9:31 pm

Does one have to park or stay at Thistle to use the Pods?

Question: am I allowed to use the Pods if I am neither parking a car nor staying at the Thistle? I would be happy to pay a fiver to the Thistle when I have an overnight layover this summer; even better if I can use a credit card.

Schwann Apr 7, 2022 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL (Post 34147005)
Question: am I allowed to use the Pods if I am neither parking a car nor staying at the Thistle? I would be happy to pay a fiver to the Thistle when I have an overnight layover this summer; even better if I can use a credit card.

If you do a roundtrip from T5 without getting "out" of the system you can go for free.

HPN-HRL Apr 8, 2022 10:27 am

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL (Post 34147005)

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 34147056)
If you do a roundtrip from T5 without getting "out" of the system you can go for free.

Sorry, I guess I was unclear. I would like to stay at a hotel somewhere near the Thistle (I liked the Sheraton the last time I stayed in the area, but might do a different option this time), but use the Pods to get between T5 and the Thistle (and walk the rest of the way to my hotel). I would walk the whole way, except that part of the walk would be under very unfriendly pedestrian terms...

corporate-wage-slave Apr 8, 2022 10:40 am

If you are thinking of doing this then you may as well walk the whole way, since the pods place you geographically near those hotels, but the only route northwards towards the Colnbrook Bypass is that via the Thistle paid gate. The way out of the pod parking brings you on to the Northern Perimeter Road, southwards towards the runways. To get from there to the Sheraton means walking just as far as the Bath Road semi-pedestrian route. So just take the 423 bus or 350 if it comes first.

Grande Annee Apr 8, 2022 1:02 pm

The Thistle is a dump :eek:. The pods are fun but I wouldn’t even contemplate staying at the Thistle (even for 1 night) again just to get there by the pod

volar Apr 8, 2022 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Grande Annee (Post 34148941)
The Thistle is a dump :eek:. The pods are fun but I wouldn’t even contemplate staying at the Thistle (even for 1 night) again just to get there by the pod

Nothing wrong with it, in my view. It’s basic but clean and cheap. I’d certainly stay there for the convenience of being able to take the pods.

davidcamp6 Apr 8, 2022 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Grande Annee (Post 34148941)

I don't always need luxury.....I was born and bred in Blackpool and have seen some B&B's in my time. The Thistle ( pre Covid) was clean and fine for a night before an early morning departure.

Brownyboy Apr 8, 2022 1:18 pm

Ive used the Thistle a few times and will again tomorrow. The price of 2 weeks parking and a 1 night stay was £130 vs almost £200 for parking alone at the official car park.