Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirbusA350
List of BA destinations where masks ARE mandatory

You will need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling to the following countries (as of 4th May 2023):
  • Morocco

You will not need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling from any country back to UK (as of 4th May 2023)
Print Wikipost

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:13 pm

Perhaps the biggest surprise of all, masks no longer required on BA-operated services to/from Hong Kong (NB: CX still require them and they're very much required literally everywhere once in Hong Kong itself).

Spain's continues to be the sole European representative for inflight mask-wearing!
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flying to the Canaries a few weeks back from Gatwick, we were asked at the gate if we had a mask, on boarding the crew were all wearing them and handing out sealed individual ones to anyone not wearing one. The welcome announcement also specified mask wearing. As soon as the doors were closed the crew took theirs off and it was never spoken of again.

I suspect given everyone can take them off as soon as they go through the door at the other end many don't see the point in bothering to enforce it.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusA350

Spain's continues to be the sole European representative for inflight mask-wearing!
Seems to depend on the crew, flew back from Malaga recently, reminded at check in that masks were required, boarded happy to see no crew wearing them, none being handed out and absolutely no mention made about them the whole flight, so happy days. Contrary to outbound flight where they were enforced, but most didn't put them back on after drinks service.
LETTERBOY and the810 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:20 am

I flew to Spain on Saturday when masks were never mentioned nor much in evidence. I am currently sitting on the plane for the return leg and again no mention of masks, though there are a greater number of mask-wearers than on the way out.
paulaf and drwook like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by BA235
I flew to Spain on Saturday when masks were never mentioned nor much in evidence. I am currently sitting on the plane for the return leg and again no mention of masks, though there are a greater number of mask-wearers than on the way out.
I understand that whilst Iberia enforce, non-Spanish airlines are not as bothered. I am flying through Madrid on Thursday and expecting to mask on our Iberia flight...
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I understand that whilst Iberia enforce, non-Spanish airlines are not as bothered. I am flying through Madrid on Thursday and expecting to mask on our Iberia flight...
I had a mix of experiences a couple of months ago on IB
From Madrid in longhaul J - masks on while walking on, then not a word/no enforcement once seated
To Madrid in longhaul PE - two nudges to put mask on please during a ~10hr flight
From Madrid in shorthaul Y on IB Express - borderline aggressive enforcement

Make of that what you will!
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
My 20th flight in 2023 to/from Spain on BA and for the first time I was told to wear a mask today ! I fail to understand why it was not necessary the previous 19 times and is obligatory today.

The IFL mentioned "Spanish law" maybe 100 times.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
My 20th flight in 2023 to/from Spain on BA and for the first time I was told to wear a mask today ! I fail to understand why it was not necessary the previous 19 times and is obligatory today.

In my experience I firmly believe that it's crew dependant, maybe they have a vote and if 1 crew member is keen to enforce it and wear a mask they defer to that. I have had mixed experiences too.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:15 am

I did LGW-ACE last week and crew was quite militant with masks. Several announcements 'it is the law', warning to check your mask before going to sleep 'so we won't have to wake you' and 'you can lower your mask while eating or drinking'.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Not inflight, but I was asked to wear a mask at the Sakura Lounge/Admiral Club at HNL. Westerners never cared and ignored the instruction though.
flyerkit likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
My 20th flight in 2023 to/from Spain on BA
Pretty cool that you've taken 20 flights in 2023 already.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by flyslow
I did LGW-ACE last week and crew was quite militant with masks. Several announcements 'it is the law', warning to check your mask before going to sleep 'so we won't have to wake you' and 'you can lower your mask while eating or drinking'.
​​​​​​Boarded the plane for flight back, so far no mention of masks.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 5:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Not inflight, but I was asked to wear a mask at the Sakura Lounge/Admiral Club at HNL. Westerners never cared and ignored the instruction though.
That should be just around the food service area around the back, not for the entire lounge and not when seated.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That should be just around the food service area around the back, not for the entire lounge and not when seated.
Oh really? I was not explained. I was entering the lounge not the dining area from the reception, but was recommended wearing a mask. I said I had no mask on me and was offered one. So I was wearing it in any area within the lounge. But I was really one person who did...
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.

Why do BA still insist on masks when other airlines who fly way more flights to Spain amd openly say no masks required and have never been fined by the Spanish authorities. Is it anything to do with IAG being Spain based? Just wondering...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.