Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2023, 12:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Is that recent? It looks like covid catering?
Old May 21, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is that recent? It looks like covid catering?
I posted it from the flight.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Seems many Gatwick flights have had their bands downgraded
Old May 21, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ringingup
I take CAG has also been downgraded to band 2 as Ive been served afternoon tea rather than a rest of the day meal.
Grim.

But no doubt lots of posters will say afternoon tea ?! How British, how wonderful
mikeyfly and ermis177 like this.
Old May 22, 2023, 12:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA632 LHR-ATH on 21 May. A good load of 48 pax in CE served by an efficient and enthusiastic crew. (Before doors-close the crew did have to send the catering folks back for more since they hadn't delivered sufficient).

Chicken Thai curry - tasty.
adrianlondon, KARFA, DaveS and 5 others like this.
Old May 22, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC
In a weird twist of fate, flying back from Nice last week and received what appeared to be Band 3 catering, with two hot options and a salad one. Presume this is fluke as opposed to standard service?
Old May 22, 2023, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
In a weird twist of fate, flying back from Nice last week and received what appeared to be Band 3 catering, with two hot options and a salad one. Presume this is fluke as opposed to standard service?
What time of the day was this? And did it have cheese or not? We need to know this to know if it was Band 2 or 3.
Old May 22, 2023, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
That's a grim offering for CAG - not an especially short flight, either...

I've let BA know about my displeasure.
Old May 22, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by TheEscapist

LHR-KEF Cold Plate Breakfast. No menus but fantastic crew - orders taken before pushback and delivered promptly after drinks service. Meal good - if portions a bit paltry.

Forgot to get a picture KEF-LHR return but the beef cheeks were excellent.
I had this on one of my SOF runs. In the menu it's announced as "charcuterie plate". There is a little circle of air dried bresaola, the brie, a piece of cheap sandwich ham, a sort of mini blini thing, a plum tomato, and, the piece de resistance, the prize winning entry for "what is the smallest piece of hard boiled egg we can possibly get away with". It's literally just a sliver.

Doesn't taste bad, but not exactly substantial. I made a cheese and ham roll which was about the best use of the available ingredients I could make.
adrianlondon, bafan, DaveS and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Prospero; May 23, 2023 at 12:57 am Reason: Remove quoted image
Old May 22, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
LHR - BCN

Row 10, last person not to have a choice of Thai green curry or Lentil Pie.

Stuck with the lentil pie… I wouldn’t mind but my hand was forced to buy a 175 upgrade to keep the exit row after the curtain quietly went back a couple of days prior.

To be rewarded with the rabbit food didn’t feel fare especially after the gentlemen told me I should have booked a seat further forward….

I was also told I could have reserved the chicken meal before flying? I thought that was just special meals I said, the reply was yes but that means you can book the chicken? How does this work?

I then saw the rear member of staff later walking back with a chicken curry, when I asked her if that was a chicken Thai curry she went in to a right fluster.
Old May 22, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
I then saw the rear member of staff later walking back with a chicken curry, when I asked her if that was a chicken Thai curry she went in to a right fluster.
I'll bet she did! Clearly caught red handed with a meal they had "run out of" (aka saved for the crew). Perhaps she didn't like rabbit food either, which is why her first choice was given over yours. Wow!
Old May 22, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
I've let BA know about my displeasure.
I complained about the quality of the same beige meal (Post 2515) plus added fact there was no tea to go with it and got given a 25 eVoucher
Old May 22, 2023, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I'll bet she did! Clearly caught red handed with a meal they had "run out of" (aka saved for the crew). Perhaps she didn't like rabbit food either, which is why her first choice was given over yours. Wow!
Some of the crew meals are the same as pax meals. If this was one of them, she did nothing wrong (they do have clear stickers on saying crew meal). Or indeed if the crew had agreed earlier to swap their meal for a passenger, then its also reasonable. If they just kept one behind because they fancied it, yes its ok to be aggrieved, but we dont know in this case thats definitely what happened.

Crew work hard and deserve their meals. Unlike pilots, shorthaul CC dont get one on every flight either, I was recently shocked to learn.
Old May 22, 2023, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Band 2 lunch and dinner have two hot plus one cold option, its been this way for a while. The difference between them and B3 is no cheese, plus the substitution of tea on afternoon flights.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Confus
Some of the crew meals are the same as pax meals. If this was one of them, she did nothing wrong (they do have clear stickers on saying ‘crew meal’). Or indeed if the crew had agreed earlier to swap their meal for a passenger, then it’s also reasonable. If they just kept one behind because they fancied it, yes it’s ok to be aggrieved, but we don’t know in this case that’s definitely what happened.

Crew work hard and deserve their meals. Unlike pilots, shorthaul CC don’t get one on every flight either, I was recently shocked to learn.
I agree with you completely, I used to date someone who was BA cabin crew, plus I have had friends who worked for easyJet and so on. They work very hard and I completely agree they deserve to have their meals. The flustered reaction is what led my thoughts on this one. I'd never begrudge anyone who works for an airline their crew meals, that's for sure!
RockyRobin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.