Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Or, possibly, for whatever reason, there were no meals for the ATH flight. So the crews were ordered to stretch the DUB meal over the 2 flights…
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:23 pm

Sadly no photos, but flew back from CPH on the 15:20 this afternoon and the service was borderline comical.

Crew asked each CE if they’d like regular or veggie afternoon tea, but kept getting mixed up and bringing the wrong trays out so had to keep returning them to the galley. Then they couldn’t get the drinks right. Forgot to guy next to me in 2D, even though he only ordered sparking water, then brought me the gin and glass, without the tonic. Worse, they were taking so long, they were still progressing to the back of CE 40 minutes out, without offering any top-ups or anything else as it was taking so long to complete service. Just a single drink with the meal.
adrianlondon, Sealink and 86BA7 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Late afternoon flight to stockholm. Went for the curry which was decent.

Last edited by KARFA; Feb 24, 2023 at 11:56 am
Old Feb 24, 2023, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by trolleymusic
Yeah it wasn't great. I had a bite and then left the rest.
Apart from how it was presented, what was wrong with it?
Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
LHR-ARN 20:20 departure BA784

The curry was much better than the Shepard’s pie. Found it odd getting different desserts and starters, didn’t realise that was a thing.

on a side note the Tanqueray was free flowing.

Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:55 am

Heathrow > Bucharest

Sorry to be a bore but everyone is posting the same meals! Including me. Today’s choice on the 1005 from Heathrow to Bucharest. Think at that time many people preferred the cold option (ploughman’s) but they had ran out after row 3 in a six row cabin. Curry was ok but a bit heavy at that time. Dessert was lovely. No snack basket. Interestingly, I assumed the crew would do the return back to LHR in an hour or so but there was another crew waiting to come back when we left the aircraft.

same food choices on this flight as previous posts further up.

Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by DXB2745
Sorry to be a bore but everyone is posting the same meals! Including me. Today’s choice on the 1005 from Heathrow to Bucharest. Think at that time many people preferred the cold option (ploughman’s) but they had ran out after row 3 in a six row cabin
I was on an AMS-LGW flight last month and they somehow managed to run out of the ploughman's after serving 1E in a two row cabin
Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
I was on an AMS-LGW flight last month and they somehow managed to run out of the ploughman's after serving 1E in a two row cabin
I guess it was catered out of LGW, meaning if a lot of people had the ploughmans on the flight out, fewer for flight back. I remember flying back from MYK in September for the crew to be telling people from row 4 backwards that the first two options were unavailable - despite handing out a menu to everyone.

I often wonder the logic of handing out menus up to row 8 and then getting half way through and telling everyone there's only 1 meal option left.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
I guess it was catered out of LGW, meaning if a lot of people had the ploughmans on the flight out, fewer for flight back. I remember flying back from MYK in September for the crew to be telling people from row 4 backwards that the first two options were unavailable - despite handing out a menu to everyone.

I often wonder the logic of handing out menus up to row 8 and then getting half way through and telling everyone there's only 1 meal option left.
Aren’t the meals for the return flight segregated? (different trolley) - if they were not, return flights to London would only ever have the unpopular options left.

I think the issue is they only load very few of the salads. The poster reported missing out, but with a 2 row CE cabin chances are only a couple of the ploughman’s salads were loaded.
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TarquinMontague
The curry was much better than the Shepard’s pie. Found it odd getting different desserts and starters, didn’t realise that was a thing.

on a side note the Tanqueray was free flowing.
That’s not shepherds pie, though, as there’s no mash. It’s presumably some sort of beef (?) hotpot…

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 26, 2023 at 3:10 pm Reason: Remove quoted image
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by bafan
That’s not shepherds pie, though, as there’s no mash. It’s presumably some sort of beef (?) hotpot…
Maybe it is a shepherds pie but the mash pot has been enhanced
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by bafan
according to the menu it is potato gratin, but then it also says it’s a shepherds pie on the menu as well…..
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by volar
Aren’t the meals for the return flight segregated? (different trolley) - if they were not, return flights to London would only ever have the unpopular options left.

I think the issue is they only load very few of the salads. The poster reported missing out, but with a 2 row CE cabin chances are only a couple of the ploughman’s salads were loaded.
It’s normally a different menu in each direction.
volar and DXB2745 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by chriswiles
I remember flying back from MYK in September....
What is this MYK you speak of?
I believe the island you refer is called Mykonos and it has the 3 letter airport designator of JMK
Old Feb 26, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
LGW-RAK

Oh dear BA chefs....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.